Pineapple Express?
Quantum of Solace?
Wanted?
The Karate Kid?
The Informant?
The Road?
Being John Malkovich?

Now you're just listing random films!

I've seen the majority of those, but I'm tempted to view either Lord of War or The Road. I've heard good things about both; but I'm in the mood for Lord of War (well, hopefully).

aja89
Kids?
New Jack City?
Jackie Brown?
Blow?

Seen 'em.

"Kids - makes Kidulthood look like ****ing Sesame Street". :love:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by zjs
Now you're just listing random films!

I've seen the majority of those, but I'm tempted to view either Lord of War or The Road. I've heard good things about both; but I'm in the mood for Lord of War (well, hopefully).

Seen 'em.

"Kids - makes Kidulthood look like ****ing Sesame Street". :love:

I am listing good films :fyi: (majority of them :awesome:). Indeed, Lord of War is an enjoyable watch.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3082
Also, The Town! Great for crime.
Reply 3083
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I am listing good films :fyi: (majority of them :awesome:). Indeed, Lord of War is an enjoyable watch.

Indeed, but the specification of crime was important! :colonhash:

Original post by aja89
Also, The Town! Great for crime.

Decent enough film, yeah.
Welcome! :h:

To be honest, hype doesn't necessarily make what is already a good movie ... bad. :tongue: Definitely worth a watch, it's a high concept film and those films are usually always good and remembered in later years. Let us know of your thoughts on the film after/when you watch it.

Haha I know, but it's so disappointing when you watch a film that's had a lot of hype and you're left thinking "was that it?" (*cough* slumdog millionaire *cough* napolean dynamite *cough*)
Original post by Melting Sugar.

Original post by Melting Sugar.
Haha I know, but it's so disappointing when you watch a film that's had a lot of hype and you're left thinking "was that it?" (*cough* slumdog millionaire *cough* napolean dynamite *cough*)

Word on those examples. I'm not sure how Slumdog was particularly uplifting either. Perhaps the ending but the rest is a bit :lolwut:
Just saw Red. Brilliant entertainment, definitely recommend it. Just the right blend of mindless action with humour to make for enjoyable viewing. Bruce has still got it, but Helen Mirren stole the show. Would have loved to have seen Daniel Craig as Bond right at the end to kill the mood. Would have been perfect. Probably not the film to see if you're looking for complex intelligent dramas full of gallantry and wit, but perfect if you're out on a saturday night after a long hard week of work looking for a bit for fun.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3087
Have just put in a film called Joy Ride, looks interesting.
Original post by Phalanges
I think the Empire Reveal thing is going to be Harry Potter (first one would be The Marauders Map, second one would be Hedwig) or Tintin.

Still intriguing though.

I think it's more likely to be Tintin. Harry Potter is too much of a standard fare in cinemas nowdays to devote and create a big mystery. Tintin hasn't been revealed yet and it's kinda a big deal with Spielberg and Jackson working on it.

And also because of this image. :awesome:

Not sure what the third frame is though...
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh, David Lynch, please don't leave us with Inland Empire. You need to come back and do a 5 hour mind **** incorporating the best elements of Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, The Elephant Man, Twin Peaks and Mulholland Drive. Please. :puppyeyes:

(Dennis Hopper will also need to be raised from the dead...)
Reply 3090
Original post by zjs
Film to watch? :beard:

Again, good crime/drugs film suggestions always appreciated.

Spoiler

True Romance?
The Script?
Brick?
Gangs of New York?
Oceans trilogy?

Ocean's 12 is one of the worst films I have ever seen. I seriously considered leaving the cinema halfway through it.

Original post by spacepirate-James
:beard:

what does everyone think about Cloverfield?

It's a fantastic film. It was the last film on the review comp so there's some more detailed analyses there.

Original post by zjs
More detail on Los Cronocrímenes or Shoot Em Up? :beard:

Shoot 'Em Up is really good. It's like a decent version of Moore's Bond. Awesome fight scenes (where else are you going to see a fight scene during a birth, in a sex scene, while parachuting) and Clive Owen is really good in it. Definitely worth checking out.

Original post by Madjackismad
I think it's more likely to be Tintin. Harry Potter is too much of a standard fare in cinemas nowdays to devote and create a big mystery. Tintin hasn't been revealed yet and it's kinda a big deal with Spielberg and Jackson working on it.

And also because of this image. :awesome:

Not sure what the third frame is though...

Yeah, I agree that it's definitely Tintin now. The third picture is probably the end of his trouser leg, and as the last picture was a white dog's tail it's pretty difficult to pretend it's anything else. :p:

I'm impressed that Empire managed to get an exclusive unveiling for such a massive film though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Disney's latest bit of Tron marketing - a freaking water show:

Reply 3093
Original post by Seanisonfire
Word on those examples. I'm not sure how Slumdog was particularly uplifting either. Perhaps the ending but the rest is a bit :lolwut:

No matter how **** your life is; it'll never be that bad.
Some news about the Superman reboot; it's going to be an origin story where Clark Kent is trying to decide if he should even become Superman. Sounds pretty much what you'd expect, with Nolan and Goyer having a penchant for realism and depth.

However, this would mean it's not going to be all-out action, which is pretty much the only type of film you'd hire Zack Snyder to direct (and not to mention that people didn't like Superman Returns because it didn't have enough action). So why did they hire him? Well Warner Bros. has to begin filming by 2011 or they lose their option on it. Goyer's script is apparently a mess, so they overlooked their first choices (Aronofsky, who would be very interesting) in order to get someone who could rush it through and get something out by 2012.

Doesn't bode well.
Reply 3095
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Just saw Red. Brilliant entertainment, definitely recommend it. Just the right blend of mindless action with humour to make for enjoyable viewing. Bruce has still got it, but Helen Mirren stole the show. Would have loved to have seen Daniel Craig as Bond right at the end to kill the mood. Would have been perfect. Probably not the film to see if you're looking for complex intelligent dramas full of gallantry and wit, but perfect if you're out on a saturday night after a long hard week of work looking for a bit for fun.

nah. it wasn't fun or entertaining. the bangs were tame and it wasn't fun either. it had a couple of laughs but it was one fairly ok cliche after the other, ridnig on the 'let's get old people together and make people pay for nostalgia' wave.
Reply 3096
Phalanges
x

Where is the source for that mate?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
Where is the source for that mate?

I read about it on Slashfilm, who got their material from several sources, most prominently being this article by Vulture: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/10/fox_offers_wolverine_2_to_aronofsky.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+nymag/vulture+(Vulture+-+nymag.com's+Entertainment+and+Culture+Blog)

Makes a lot of sense if you think about it logically as well. Nolan and Snyder together is just... well... odd. It's like Jackson and Bay collaborating. Seems a shame as well, if WB were trying to hit up people like Aronofsky and Affleck for it.
Should I watch The Social Network at the cinema or right now? :holmes:
Original post by unknownking321

Original post by unknownking321
Should I watch The Social Network at the cinema or right now? :holmes:

At the cinema. It's a good film, worth watching properly. Unless you can find a really good copy of it now.

Latest