Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by killa78
Applying for LAW!! :biggrin:
Anybody been there? is it nice? lol
Never went to an open day... Was kinda a last minute thing applying there :frown:

AMAZING. the campus is so nice, and it's got everything you need within walking distance.
accommodation is awesome too :biggrin:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 141
Original post by mecks17
AMAZING. the campus is so nice, and it's got everything you need within walking distance.
accommodation is awesome too :biggrin:

Do you study law there?
If soo how are the lecturers?

Thanx :smile:
I'm applying for Psychology, but I have no idea what to expect because I didn't go to an open day:s-smilie:. And I didn't hear a lot of positive views.
Reply 143
Original post by The Cornerstone
I'm applying for Psychology, but I have no idea what to expect because I didn't go to an open day:s-smilie:. And I didn't hear a lot of positive views.

QMUL is what it is. I think it's a very marmite university, because of it's location and London life in general you either have people that love it or hate it. You've got to think to yourself about whether you'd like the lifestyle of living in a large urban area. If you come from a smaller town it will be more dangerous, it will be more dirty and it will be more expensive. On the flip side theres more to do and you'll experience so much you havn't before.

Some people are very molly cuddled and happy in their middle class suburban lifestyle and really don't get on with the area or the lifestyle. However it confuses me why they've even applied to QMUL in the first place knowing where it is. LSE/UCL/King's all have the same pluses and minuses with the exception their campuses are in nicer parts of London.

If you're looking for a quiet very studenty self contained lifestyle then go to somewhere like Exeter or Warwick. If you're looking for the experience of a big city and what goes with it, then QMUL will be more to your tastes. The campus itself and the teaching are top notch.
Original post by ajp100688
QMUL is what it is. I think it's a very marmite university, because of it's location and London life in general you either have people that love it or hate it. You've got to think to yourself about whether you'd like the lifestyle of living in a large urban area. If you come from a smaller town it will be more dangerous, it will be more dirty and it will be more expensive. On the flip side theres more to do and you'll experience so much you havn't before.

Some people are very molly cuddled and happy in their middle class suburban lifestyle and really don't get on with the area or the lifestyle. However it confuses me why they've even applied to QMUL in the first place knowing where it is. LSE/UCL/King's all have the same pluses and minuses with the exception their campuses are in nicer parts of London.

If you're looking for a quiet very studenty self contained lifestyle then go to somewhere like Exeter or Warwick. If you're looking for the experience of a big city and what goes with it, then QMUL will be more to your tastes. The campus itself and the teaching are top notch.

I'm not really looking for a warwick/exter lifestyle, however I always saw London as a place to visit, not to live. But the city is the least of my worries and I'm more interested in how QMUL is as a university as in teaching, reputation, research etc...
Reply 145
Queen Mary doesn't have much going in terms of scholarships, does it? I'm applying for a history MA and there's pretty much one bursary and that's it...:s-smilie: London is so expensive, specially for aussies!
Original post by goewyn
Queen Mary doesn't have much going in terms of scholarships, does it? I'm applying for a history MA and there's pretty much one bursary and that's it...:s-smilie: London is so expensive, specially for aussies!

That isn't just Queen Mary. You'll find if very difficult to find bursarys for MA students in the UK, especially if you're not from the EU. You can always apply directly to funding bodies or to charities for funding.

Good luck with finding some money!
Original post by mooniibuggy
Biomedical Sciences :biggrin:

Hells yeah! I'm doing Human Genetics, but we all come under the same life science umbrella...
sent off my ucas application yesterday! applying to do geography and politics at queen mary! its my first/second choice uni
Original post by ABCDemily
Hells yeah! I'm doing Human Genetics, but we all come under the same life science umbrella...

OH EM GEE! :bhangra:

plus, we both applied to KCL and Queen mary!!

That's GREAT! (:
Yesterday I finally heard from QM - got an interview for English :biggrin:
Original post by mooniibuggy
OH EM GEE! :bhangra:

plus, we both applied to KCL and Queen mary!!

That's GREAT! (:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Nuff said tbh.
Anyone here applying for English and Film at Queen Mary's?

:biggrin:
Applying for Business Management :smile:
Predicted AAB, they want ABB according to their prospectus.
SO FRIGGIN SCAREDDDD
Reply 154
Original post by Mr. Mortell
That isn't just Queen Mary. You'll find if very difficult to find bursarys for MA students in the UK, especially if you're not from the EU. You can always apply directly to funding bodies or to charities for funding.

Good luck with finding some money!

Yeah, the system seems much tougher on you guys than it is for us, actually - the Aust govt subsides all PhDs (at least for fees but often for living expenses too), but granted Masters students are still on their own. I'm applying for monies everywhere I can, so will need the luck, thanks!
Reply 155
Original post by Alexandra289
Yesterday I finally heard from QM - got an interview for English :biggrin:

Well done! :biggrin: how did they tell you? I've applied for the same and only got an acknowledgement so far... fingers crossed :tongue:
ergh.

I'm so impatient! I JUST WANT AN OFFER!! I'm trying to hold back from emailing them and asking how long its going to take .... :colondollar:
I applied for history, anyone else?
I'd love to get an offer soon, or even a rejection. I'm sick of waiting.. I had most of my offers this time last year! :frown:
got an email from them saying they got my application! first thing i've heard from ucas or any of my unis since i sent off my application on monday. Hope to hear from them asap as they are my first choice uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending