The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rhymbus
Wow, that's a really mean offer! Since when did Bath do that?!

It's their official offer for this year.
Original post by Badrkahandaman
Economics
Bath
A*AA (inc. Econ and Maths) :mad:

well done! :smile: when did you get the offer? when did you send off your application? Did you apply for pure econ or with a year in industry? no more questions :tongue:
Original post by lemonade789
well done! :smile: when did you get the offer? when did you send off your application? Did you apply for pure econ or with a year in industry? no more questions :tongue:

Thanks.
This Friday.
Pure, though I considered both.
Ask away :biggrin:
Thanks.
This Friday.
Pure, though I considered both.
Ask away :biggrin:

when did you apply? where else are you applying? what are your GSCEs and ASs like (if you don't mind sharing):smile:? :biggrin:
when did you apply? where else are you applying? what are your GSCEs and ASs like (if you don't mind sharing):smile:? :biggrin:

I applied October 11th (iirc) and am also applying to Cambridge, LSE, UCL and Loughborough in that order of preference. I'm fairly surprised Bath replied this early actually - only a few of my friends already have offers and they're from schools not quite as good as Bath.

GCSEs: 11A*s and an A in Eng Lit (not sure Bath pay much attention to that though)

AS: 4 A's, 293/300 in Maths, 199/200 in Geog (listen up kids - want an A? Take AQA geography), 87%ish in Chem and 177/200 in Econ (not quite what I expected)

You applying to any of the same ones I am (instead of Bath, I take it.. :wink:)?
Reply 25
Just got a conditional offer from York (AAB) a few minutes ago! Exciting!
Reply 26
York: AAB
Happy that's one back-up in the bag.
York: AAB
Looks like they've been busy today, im so happy about it :smile:
York
Economics
AAB

Definitely have been busy haha

just a quick point to make for the OP...

perhaps it would be better to include the application date in the post format

so:

Course:
University:
Offer:
application date:

it might help when comparing to other people who have offers already.
I applied October 11th (iirc) and am also applying to Cambridge, LSE, UCL and Loughborough in that order of preference. I'm fairly surprised Bath replied this early actually - only a few of my friends already have offers and they're from schools not quite as good as Bath.

GCSEs: 11A*s and an A in Eng Lit (not sure Bath pay much attention to that though)

AS: 4 A's, 293/300 in Maths, 199/200 in Geog (listen up kids - want an A? Take AQA geography), 87%ish in Chem and 177/200 in Econ (not quite what I expected)

You applying to any of the same ones I am (instead of Bath, I take it.. :wink:)?

i'm applying to Cambridge (for land economy (basically law and economics)), LSE, Warwick and Bath (with year in industry) for econ. I've been rejected by UCL
GCSEs: 8A*,2As, 1B (ancient greek so not vital for economics!) and a C in Lit, i think just watching the film for death of a salesman, probably wasn't the best idea and old man and the sea was :yawn:.
AS(predicted A2) 4As (economics A*, maths A*, french, chemistry A) (predicted A* in F maths) and a B in biology

how did you lose the mark in geog? did you forget burnt sienna? :tongue:
I have a question that might sound very stupid to you : should I hurry up with sending the applications because the courses might get full or I shouldn't panic because all applications sent before the deadline will be taken into consideration ?
Original post by Furies_Andrei_Radu
I have a question that might sound very stupid to you : should I hurry up with sending the applications because the courses might get full or I shouldn't panic because all applications sent before the deadline will be taken into consideration ?

PANIC
Offer from Lancaster for Economics AAB :smile: Happy! one thing i hate is when people say ' oh do you mean UCLAN' . Lancaster is a high ranked university and people mix it up! I wish they could change the name or something so people dont say 'oh its not that great'.
Reply 33
Just got an offer from Cardiff for AAB.
Probably the lowest of all my choices, but it's nice to have an offer and know that I didn't mess UCAS up :smile:
i'm applying to Cambridge (for land economy (basically law and economics)), LSE, Warwick and Bath (with year in industry) for econ. I've been rejected by UCL
GCSEs: 8A*,2As, 1B (ancient greek so not vital for economics!) and a C in Lit, i think just watching the film for death of a salesman, probably wasn't the best idea and old man and the sea was :yawn:.
AS(predicted A2) 4As (economics A*, maths A*, french, chemistry A) (predicted A* in F maths) and a B in biology

how did you lose the mark in geog? did you forget burnt sienna? :tongue:

Pfft - no!

I ran out of Prussian Blue. Damn rivers :colonhash:

Unlucky about UCL - I know someone going for E+M at Oxford that seemed like a shoo-in who was also turned down. That leaves a not-so-pleasant waiting period for those of us left.

I see you're going for land economy - what prompted that? Are you worried about the interview (that they may bring up topics related to the subject that are a little over your head, perhaps), or are you prepared for that? I remember considering that but had a colossal change of heart and just went for pure econ instead.
Reply 35
Offers from Manchester at AAB
Predicted grades 4A*
Reply 36
Rejected from UCL - loool. What predicted grades and gcses do you reckon they were looking for ? :smile: "poor academic profile" my arse :P
Reply 37
Original post by awlright
Rejected from UCL - loool. What predicted grades and gcses do you reckon they were looking for ? :smile: "poor academic profile" my arse :P

Ahh :frown: thats bad, i have no chance then :frown: ugh the wait for this rejection letter is killing me! I really want to go too.. *sigh*

Do you mind me asking when you sent your application off and what's your GCSE and AS results??
Reply 38
Haha, all is not lost Muij, I'm probably exaggerating my accademic prowess a bit much - you may well be far superior!! (after all your only your own toughest critic :biggrin:) :smile: My GCSEs were 8 A*s and an A* in a short course R.S...the rest were A's (one in SC ICT and Eng Lit)

My A-levels weren't stellar, I got 4As and a B: Math - A, (further maths got a B, but assuming that isn't cashed in :biggrin:) Bio - A, Chem - A, Econ - A, Crit Think - B (OH LORDY :P)

Predictions: Maths - A* ; F Maths - A; Bio - A* ; Econ - A
2A*s, 2As....In the grand scheme of UCL....prettty average :frown: They said my academia wasn't up to scratch but idk....

TSR ftw.
Reply 39
can't even spell academic :P Good luck with your applications y'all...

Latest

Trending

Trending