The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by Gilbird
It's it alright to not get offers when application processed on the 12th?
All my unis acknowledged me, but some others are getting offers :/

Some Universities take longer than others to give out offers, and some departments take longer than others to give out offers! Some may process the applications in batches, so you may have to wait longer than others who applied a few days before you.

It won't be a hinderance to have applied on the 12th. Be patient and I'm sure the offers will flood in before too long :smile:
Reply 741
Original post by lilgnome3
Some Universities take longer than others to give out offers, and some departments take longer than others to give out offers! Some may process the applications in batches, so you may have to wait longer than others who applied a few days before you.

It won't be a hinderance to have applied on the 12th. Be patient and I'm sure the offers will flood in before too long :smile:

I guess, Chemistry is a competitive thing to do and the unis are quite good.
But then you just can't help but to panic don't you, when offers are flooding in for the others. :/
Ahh well, patience is a virtue. :smile:
Reply 742
Original post by Gilbird
I guess, Chemistry is a competitive thing to do and the unis are quite good.
But then you just can't help but to panic don't you, when offers are flooding in for the others. :/
Ahh well, patience is a virtue. :smile:

I agree completely, I panicked so much when I heard of other people getting offers for the course I applied to at the Uni's I applied to. Just try not to panic too much, because you might not hear anything until January, and you don't want to torture yourself for 3 months!

Patience is a virtue,
Virtue is grace,
Grace is a little girl who wouldn't wash her face. :tongue:

I don't know why I just sang that in my head...
Original post by IFondledAGibbon
October 20th. So you've got the jump on me there. Might I ask what your grades are like? :redface: I got ABCC at AS and I'm predicted ABB at A2...

Yeah, only a few weeks! :wink: I'm sure they'll start replying soon! Yeah, I got AAAB at AS this year, and a B in 2009. Annd, I'm predicted A*A*A*A, but it's more likely to be A*AAA. You've definately got the grades for it though. :smile: And with a decent personal statement, there should be no reason why they don't consider giving you a place. :grin:
Original post by brendan.
Yeah, only a few weeks! :wink: I'm sure they'll start replying soon! Yeah, I got AAAB at AS this year, and a B in 2009. Annd, I'm predicted A*A*A*A, but it's more likely to be A*AAA. You've definately got the grades for it though. :smile: And with a decent personal statement, there should be no reason why they don't consider giving you a place. :grin:

Ah, nice grades, I see why you got an offer so quickly! I just wish they would reply soon, :mad: although I have recived a conditional offer from Northumbra (my last choice). :redface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 745
First acknowledgement!!! It's for Bournemouth where I don't want to go but still. Unis have got my application :woo:

EDIT: And now an acknowledgement from Worcester too! Its turning out to be quite a good day!
EDIT II:And an acknowledgement from Hull as well. Even better!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 746
Original post by Tabers
First acknowledgment!!! It's for Bournemouth where I don't want to go but still. Unis have got my application :woo:

If you don't want to go there then why the hell did you apply?
Reply 747
Original post by Muffinz
If you don't want to go there then why the hell did you apply?

I like the university and everything so I've left it as my last choice but I'm not too keen on the course. They've only just put up a new version of the course content and it says you have to do cell biology which I cannot do at all.
Reply 748
The lack of offers upsets me. Deeply.
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU- I just want replies. I don't care if they're rejections JUST ****ING REPLY
Reply 750
EEK so many people have offers already! Really want one now...badly :/

Has anyone been acknowledged by Newcastle to say they have actually recieved the application?
Original post by IFondledAGibbon
Ah, nice grades, I see why you got an offer so quickly! I just wish they would reply soon, :mad: although I have recived a conditional offer from Northumbra (my last choice). :redface:

Awh, I'm sure they will reply soon. Quite alot of people that I know have recieved offers from Nottingham! I've only got one though, I wants loads more! :wink: aha.
Ugh, add me to the list of people impatiently waiting for offers. I sent mine in a couple of weeks ago, and since then I've been checking my email like never before. :<
Reply 753
I hate this wait!

What irks me the most is that I bet it takes admissions tutors a mere two minutes to make a decision. I feel like shouting 'PLEASE SIR, DEDICATE TWO MINUTES OF YOUR TIME TO PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!" :tongue:
I have one offer so I don't feel so crazy any more but the track obsession will most definitely go on. :/
Anyone know if all the universities are on a reading week? I know some that are and just wondering whether I should give up hope of offers this week.
Reply 756
Original post by sunlightxstarbright
Anyone know if all the universities are on a reading week? I know some that are and just wondering whether I should give up hope of offers this week.

reading week?
Original post by jimbles
reading week?

Like a half-term.
Reply 758
Like a half-term.

oh, I'm pretty sure that all uni's will still be working.

The scientists don't get reading week so the university is still up and running.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending