The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Got an Interview on nov 10th for EEE...finally

Are going to it? Or are you going to the other one?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 581
Original post by eugeneho
oh btw I've read in the previous few pages where pple speculated that UCL tends to reject oxbridge applicants, judging from the high calibre of rejects so far. I can assure you that it's definitely not true! Many oxbridge applicants have received offers from UCL, myself included!

Why have you firmed UCL if you're an Oxbridge Applicant? Or don't you want to do it any more? I might reject Oxford for UCL if I get both, but I'm gonna see if I can get in.
They're not giving people much notice for interviews it seems! 9 days?! It's crazy! I was given over a month's notice last year, but I did apply in January, so I would have been one of the last people to be interviewed. Weird! I just want to get to interview already!
Original post by 04smitht
Are going to it? Or are you going to the other one?

I'm going to reschedule the other one, UCL is my 3rd choice and the other one is a distant 4th.
Why have you firmed UCL if you're an Oxbridge Applicant? Or don't you want to do it any more? I might reject Oxford for UCL if I get both, but I'm gonna see if I can get in.

I'm applying to Oxford too..and I don't think rejecting oxford would be a good move..UCL isn't THAT great for EEE, the main reasons I applied is because I want to stay in London (excluding going to oxford) and I like their intl programme.
Reply 585
Original post by jayjaybird33
All of these rejections are making me nervous!!!

The Linguistics lady said I'd hear more by mid-November. I hope its not a big fat NO. :s-smilie:

oooh really? was that Stefanie? if it was, she's really nice (or at least in emails :tongue:)

'hear more'.... do you think that means a final decision for all you crazy international kids or EVERYBODY being told about interviews/ offers?
just got an interview for chemistry! next tuesday! i think im going to have a heart attack im so scared.. does anyone know what format the interview is?!
Original post by Ray_Han
Yeh it's scary that with other subjects they might have an offer by now with equivalent grades, but they have been rejected straight away for economics. Yep, going to Columbia or Chicago especially would be great :biggrin:. I think there are about 20 spaces, but since this is the first year of applications for the course, there is no ratio of applicants to offers. I would expect them to make about 30 offers though.

omfg i dont think i would have applied if i knew the odds lool and that is so weird because i only want to go to california or chicago!! hopefully we'll get to go :smile:. Btw do you mind telling me your grades for your GCSE's and A levels please?? thanks :smile:
Original post by CZephyr
Original post by mooniibuggy
I feel a rejection coming my way...

Mooniibuggy, I also applied to UCL's Biomedical Sciences program!!
Don't think that way, I am sure you'll get an offer soon :P The first round of offers for Biomed is around mid November. :smile:

Aww thanks!!! - Yeah i'll tryyyy and keep positive! It's just that I keep hearing about the type of people that have been rejected (sorry to those who have :frown:) and I feel like I have no hope! Butttt i'll see what happens..NOVEMBER? omg, i need my school to hurry up and send my application cos that's pretty soon!
I guess it won't be all bad cos I've also applied to King's, which is also good!
GOOD LUCK TO YOUUU! ! !

P.s you're a legend for doing Biomed!
Reply 589
Luca118
Biochemical Engineering
Autumn 2011
Original post by Kobie
oooh really? was that Stefanie? if it was, she's really nice (or at least in emails :tongue:)

'hear more'.... do you think that means a final decision for all you crazy international kids or EVERYBODY being told about interviews/ offers?

haha Yes! She's way nicer than the other admissions people I've emailed!! :P
hmm, I think for everybody.

Edinburgh is the only school I've seen that has a major major bias towards Internationals. Thus me getting an offer in 11 days while everyone else probably won't hear back until Jan-March time.
Reply 591
mimista
Economics

:smile:
Reply 592
The waiting is driving me crazy.....
Reply 593
Original post by londonchick12321
omfg i dont think i would have applied if i knew the odds lool and that is so weird because i only want to go to california or chicago!! hopefully we'll get to go :smile:. Btw do you mind telling me your grades for your GCSE's and A levels please?? thanks :smile:

Well I don't know what the odds will be, but I don't think it will necessarily be harder than L100. They have only just put up the universities available, after the Oxbridge deadline, so a lot of top candidates will not have applied. Yeh hopefully we can get on the course and go to our top choice unis :smile:. My grades are in profile, but I think the PS will be very important, as someone with perfect grades on here got rejected for L100. It is scary how little I know about this course though. I have no idea if they interview, for example- it would be such a shock to get an interview invite through the post!
Reply 594
Username: Gabriela
Course: Law :smile:)
Entry:2011
Reply 595

I didn't get into oxford! I applied last year with deferred entry for 2011!
Applied for Economics on 14 OCtober.
The wait is driving me crazy.

Am an international applicant (India).

Any idea when they will start sending out offers?? :O
Reply 597
Original post by shubham_ag
Applied for Economics on 14 OCtober.
The wait is driving me crazy.

Am an international applicant (India).

Any idea when they will start sending out offers?? :O

haha anytime from now onwards (: I received mine on 2 Nov last year.
I'm really jealous of people getting interviews already!
Original post by eugeneho
haha anytime from now onwards (: I received mine on 2 Nov last year.

So are you studying Economics at UCL currently??

And that early!! :eek:

Now I'll start getting mini heart attacks every time I open UCAS!! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending