The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Zandra25
I got an offer a couple of days ago :biggrin: but it was for history of art, and I already have my grades so.... I think it really depends! But they are clearly giving out some offers now! xx

Hahah aww thanks I hope so! Good luck with all your other ones :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 581
Management. Fingers crossed.
Reply 582
Original post by taltal
Wow congratulations! You are so lucky :smile: I've applied for politics and sociology so hopefully I hear soon but I'm not very hopeful. I thought everyone got their offers early next year at warwick?????

Thank you :biggrin: I'm sure you'll get an offer!!! i thought everyone got offers early next year too, but i aint complaining! Good luck, i hope you get an offer soon :smile:
*is impatient*
Please please please give me an offer! :frown:
Anyone else heard from PAIS yet?
Original post by wherethebeaverlive
Which other universities are you applying to? I'm also applying to warwick for the same course. got 6.5 A* and 2 A's. But my ps was a bit rubbish. Also applying to UEA, Sheffield, Bristol and Edinburgh.

I live in Birmingham and want to stay local. I'm applying: Keele, BCU, Birmingham Main, Warwick and Wolverhampton!!!!
Reply 585
Original post by 04chandlar
I live in Birmingham and want to stay local. I'm applying: Keele, BCU, Birmingham Main, Warwick and Wolverhampton!!!!

:facepalm2:

What is B Main?

And why are all other choices ****?
Original post by broadwayrachael
*is impatient*
Please please please give me an offer! :frown:
Anyone else heard from PAIS yet?

Chill, fellow gap-yearist.

Some of us haven't heard from anyone yet :tongue:
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts

It's a bad feeling isn't it? I had to call up Warwick just to get them to send me the acknowledgement e-mail...
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts

*takes deep, calming breaths*

You're bound to hear soon :smile:
Original post by alexx :)
You do it on your own? Eeek, that's not nice. I wouldn't fancy being the only one in my school.

Yep, we have this week off! :smile: Pretty handy especially as I'm going to see Lady Gaga tonight!

:yep: I really like it actually, it's fun... except from when I don't understand because then I just look like an idiot! It was really weird at first though!

Aaaah, lucky! I'm back at school today! Absolutely knackerd as I got back from London last night and had about 10 hours sleep from Friday to Sunday in total!
I'm very jealous!!!
Original post by big-bang-theory
It's a bad feeling isn't it? I had to call up Warwick just to get them to send me the acknowledgement e-mail...

I don't get it... what's neggable about that post?
Reply 591

Someone might have done it accidentally or they might have taken a dislike to you. Now, have some postivation and be happy. :smile: Warwick were quite late in acknowledging many people, myself included. I don't know whether I'll be asked to expect to submit an essay or what. 'Tis a stressful time - likely for us all. Who doesn't feel like they've been an idiot in one way or another?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by no chance
Someone might have done it accidentally or they might have taken a dislike to you. Now, have some postivation and be happy. :smile: Warwick were quite late in acknowledging many people, myself included. I don't know whether I'll be asked to expect to submit an essay or what. 'Tis a stressful time. Who doesnt' feel like they've been an idiot in one way or another?

Ha you're too kind :P! I wasn't really fussed about the loss of reputation, just curious as to the reasoning.

It's also possible some people just didn't receive the e-mail like me (it certainly wasn't in my spam box either). The admissions lady seemed very confused as to why it hadn't been sent as well. To my knowledge Warwick don't take in extra work (certainly they don't for my course, I'm not sure about English) and just judge your UCAS application.
Original post by Focus08
:facepalm2:

What is B Main?

And why are all other choices ****?

B main is University of Birmingham, it is the 7th bst law school. and there is no point in applting to all top universities because I might be rejected from all of them. That is why I have two top ones (Warwick and Birmingham Main), one middle one (Keele) and two rubbish ones (Birmingham City and Wolverhampton. Oh and I would love to apply to notttingham and stuff but they are too far and my parents can't afford to send three children away for university. Both my older siblings live away. And, we don't even get grants!!! For my AS levels I got: Economics and Business : a , Sociology: a, Religious studies: a and health and social care: b. I dropped health for A2 and I also have an A level in punjabi at grade A. But people say that doesn't mean anything because im indian??
I'm applying for Psychology - Warwick is my first choice, but my course requires AABb and I'm predicted ABB and only have a C at AS level, so I'm not expecting an offer. :\
Reply 595
Just got an unconditional for chemistry :biggrin: sent my app on the 11th Oct.

Sorry about that, was an accident. :blush:

I tried making it up to you by giving you pos rep but it says I can't!
offer for chemistry......:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Reply 598
Just got an offer for chemistry :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 599
Anyone applied for Law with Business Studies?

Want to know if you have got any offers yet

Quick Reply

Latest