The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crimsonchilli
you know how you have 14 days after sending off UCAS to edit/change university choices ? Think It will be possible to change colleges for durham especially if it hasn't been accepted by department ?

You can't change a choice for the same uni for a start, you'd have to change it to another one and then back again, and my form didn't let me change twice in one day so you'd have to wait a day to change back.

If you changed the college on your ucas it would be like submitting a new application to Durham, if you get what I mean.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 441
Any MathMo's received any news yet?
Reply 442
Original post by Ultimate1
Any MathMo's received any news yet?

i applied for MMaths. just got an email saying they've received my application... nothing else... anyone know how fast they normally reply?
Reply 443
Original post by Crimsonchilli
you know how you have 14 days after sending off UCAS to edit/change university choices ? Think It will be possible to change colleges for durham especially if it hasn't been accepted by department ?

Send an email to undergraduate admissions (not the one for your coll, they never reply). As long as you send the email within the deadline its fine, even if they reply afterwards. I changed my coll this way :smile:
Original post by Cactus_Man
Yeah, which is awesome. I hate large class sizes, which is why I avoided Manchester.

The Master is just plain badass. He's all of the brilliance and humour of The Doctor, but he uses his powers to almost single-handedly destroy the universe. Makes you wonder how the hell the Time Lords ever lost that war. :confused:

Yep, I'm so used to small class sizes now with my further maths classes and it doesn't feel weird at all any more sitting down one-to-one with a teacher and having a class.

Oh yes! I went to MCM expo this weekend and there were so many Doctors! Didn't see any Masters though, the tardis was there, and the woman who plays Jackie, and some cybermen and daleks which was pretty cool! Yeah, the time lords were a bit overconfident though! I want to be a time Lady! :biggrin:

Original post by LukethePianoMan
woo sweets, thats always good!
wow, thats not very good teaching, she probably only knows it vaguely herself and wouldnt do well in an exam!

:yep: Sweets is always awesome! Yeaah, she's just generally a bit of a joke! I know the M2 class last year panicked but they all came out with good grades!
(edited 13 years ago)
Ancient, Medieval and Modern History at Hatfield!! :biggrin:
Reply 446
Business and Management at Stephenson, hopefully. :loveduck:
Original post by 4 I Murder Carrots Fun
Ancient, Medieval and Modern History at Hatfield!! :biggrin:

Yay, another Hatfield-er! I've applied for Business Economics to Hatfield. What's the status of your application on AES?
Original post by saks10111
Yay, another Hatfield-er! I've applied for Business Economics to Hatfield. What's the status of your application on AES?

"Received by department" :dots:

You? :biggrin:
Reply 449
unconditional from castle college for L100 economics!!!!!:biggrin:
Anthropology or Combined honours in Social sciences (havent decided yet) at... somewhere (havent decided on a college either):smile:
Biochemistry at Castle. :tongue:
Original post by Jing_jing
Yep, I'm so used to small class sizes now with my further maths classes and it doesn't feel weird at all any more sitting down one-to-one with a teacher and having a class.

Oh yes! I went to MCM expo this weekend and there were so many Doctors! Didn't see any Masters though, the tardis was there, and the woman who plays Jackie, and some cybermen and daleks which was pretty cool! Yeah, the time lords were a bit overconfident though! I want to be a time Lady! :biggrin:

:yep: Sweets is always awesome! Yeaah, she's just generally a bit of a joke! I know the M2 class last year panicked but they all came out with good grades!

ye the m2 class in my school were given a teacher who had never done mechanics before so they panicked too! went ok for some though
congratualtions on ur warwick offer!!
Reply 453
Original post by bun
French, German and Beginners Spanish
Collingwood college
Durham is my top choice - it just looks fantastic!!

Any other modern languages applicants?

hey im planning to send off my ucas tmro to do french and german too :smile: think im gonna put st cuthberts but i have a stupid question to ask - on ucas when you apply for modern languages, did you then put in the further details the specific languages you want to do?
Reply 454
Original post by emloi
hey im planning to send off my ucas tmro to do french and german too :smile: think im gonna put st cuthberts but i have a stupid question to ask - on ucas when you apply for modern languages, did you then put in the further details the specific languages you want to do?

Hi - nice to see another linguist! haha - not a stupid question at all, it took me ages to figur eout what to do. In the end, I noticed that it say to add te abbreviated forms of the languages in the Further details. So for you it would be Fr and Ge (assuming they are post A-level, if either is beginners, then put FrB/GeB.
Hope that's helpful :smile:
Original post by LukethePianoMan
ye the m2 class in my school were given a teacher who had never done mechanics before so they panicked too! went ok for some though
congratualtions on ur warwick offer!!

^^ Thank you! It definately takes the pressure off a little but the grades are hard!
Yeah, I'm actually horrendous at mechanics, it's just too hard for me!
Reply 456
Applied for combined honours in the arts... Maths, Philosophy and possibly english lit if they let me change the application :smile:
I keep obsessively checking for an offer! If I don't get one from Durham, I think I may be taking a gap year...
Reply 457
Hello!
Quick question; applied for English Q300, my AES status recently changed to '•Your application has been received by a College'. I'm presently blinded by optimism - would anyone care to interpret this rationally!? Thanks.
Reply 458
Original post by TylerA
Hello!
Quick question; applied for English Q300, my AES status recently changed to '•Your application has been received by a College'. I'm presently blinded by optimism - would anyone care to interpret this rationally!? Thanks.

It means you have an offer, and perhaps that I have a rejection. Congratulations.
Reply 459
Perhaps something will come through track soon? I hope so - a little uncomfortable with this concept. I don't think they'd be rejecting so soon...

Latest

Trending

Trending