The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got wrecked on cheese while trying to write an essay and all I handed in was three lines and I thought it was pretty good.
Yea, why not? Maybe your ideas will flow better. Check it before you hand it in though haha.
I would have thought the ideas would be better if you were drunk, as you're more free and relaxed. Just remember to check the spelling once you're sober :wink:
i once did a creative piece essay for english. when i read it the day after i was like how the heck did i write that.
i got an A for it by the way.
I seem to work better when I'm drunk lol If I had 1 or 2 vodkas, then I seemed to have great focus and could sit down and work twice as fast as if I was sober. It wasn't rubbish when I read it back the next day either!
Protip: Mathematics doesnt work when youre drunk.

Essays might be something else though, havnt written any since GCSE's
Original post by Broderss
I got wrecked on cheese while trying to write an essay and all I handed in was three lines and I thought it was pretty good.

I take it we're talking about weed? Or have I overlooked a simple joke? :cool:
Reply 8
i have tried it whilst "hangover-drunk". it really didn't work, i couldn't form a sentence and the words "you're so ****ed" spun around inside my head in ever-faster circles.
Gave me the confidence to criticise the hell out of my tutor's life work. The quality of the essay wasn't great but he loved the confidence and originality; I got a first for that essay. Tried the technique whilst sober in future essays and got firsts for those.

Win-win situation :y:
Reply 10
Original post by absinth
is that some kind of euphemism for lactose intolerance?

Original post by paranoid//android
i take it we're talking about weed? Or have i overlooked a simple joke? :cool:

MARROWFRICKENWANA!!1a
Original post by Broderss
MARROWFRICKENWANA!!1a

Ha, I thought so. :biggrin:
Reply 12
I had a couple of beers doing my biology homework and got an A on it.
Sometimes you can have great revelations when drunk so make the most of it but remember to proof read in the morning :awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)
It would appear that the combination of alcohol and academic work doesn't yield too many disasters. :holmes:
Most of my university essays are written under the influence of wine. I swear it seriously boosts my creativity levels!
Reply 16
A couple of glasses of wine helps to write a decent essay, but imo caffeine is better. Two strong coffees on an empty stomach has so far yielded impressive results, but the heart rate of 200 beats per minute is not so good :frown:
My mate did this and she failed!

So I don't recommend it.
Reply 18
I always write essays whilst drinking, helps the flow of ideas.
Last essay I'd had half a bottle of whisky and a couple of beers, I was a little tipsy, 82%.
But then I drink a lot so maybe my brain has adapted to function better whilst drinking.

It's funny though, read it sober, you start off quite formal and get gradually more casual as you go through. Just don't get slammed, I remember reading through one at college and I had something like
"Now without ****ing about, the current rate of economic growth is..."
Original post by Megaross
I always write essays whilst drinking, helps the flow of ideas.
Last essay I'd had half a bottle of whisky and a couple of beers, I was a little tipsy, 82%.
But then I drink a lot so maybe my brain has adapted to function better whilst drinking.

It's funny though, read it sober, you start off quite formal and get gradually more casual as you go through. Just don't get slammed, I remember reading through one at college and I had something like
"Now without ****ing about, the current rate of economic growth is..."

Lol, I just snorted a little.

I've done similar things, but worryingly while sober...just frustrated with whatever I'm writing.

Latest