The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by TylerA
Perhaps something will come through track soon? I hope so - a little uncomfortable with this concept. I don't think they'd be rejecting so soon...

With all due respect, shh. You have an offer.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 461
Original post by Muffinz
With all due respect, shh. You have an offer.

People getting offers before you get one means nothing.

Universities frequently send out decisions in batches.

Don't bit my head off though, I'm in the same boat as you, college-less right now (albeit for Law.)
Reply 462
Original post by Mann18
People getting offers before you get one means nothing.

Universities frequently send out decisions in batches.

Don't bit my head off though, I'm in the same boat as you, college-less right now (albeit for Law.)

I know, but since I'm post A-level my app should be an easy decision compared with those who only have predicted grades. Just sayin'.
Reply 463
Original post by Muffinz
I know, but since I'm post A-level my app should be an easy decision compared with those who only have predicted grades. Just sayin'.

:tongue: I share your logic.

But remember:

1) There is no guarantee this guy is even telling the truth (apolgies if you are) especially if others haven't yet recieved offers.

2) You may well be in the "yes" pile, and they're just sending out offers in batches.

3) The longer the wait, usually, the greater the chance of success. No university sends out all it's offers before it's rejections.

4) There's nothing you can do regardless, so relax. Either flick on ESPN and watch The Colts game, or go to sleep.

:wink:
Reply 464
Original post by Mann18
:tongue: I share your logic.

But remember:

1) There is no guarantee this guy is even telling the truth (apolgies if you are) especially if others haven't yet recieved offers.

2) You may well be in the "yes" pile, and they're just sending out offers in batches.

3) The longer the wait, usually, the greater the chance of success. No university sends out all it's offers before it's rejections.

4) There's nothing you can do regardless, so relax. Either flick on ESPN and watch The Colts game, or go to sleep.

I completely agree with you. I'll focus on nanowrimo for the time being :woo:
Original post by Mann18

Or spend time watching NCAA football. Taking particular note, unfortunately, of how terrible Michigan is doing.
Reply 466
Original post by adam0311
Or spend time watching NCAA football. Taking particular note, unfortunately, of how terrible Michigan is doing.

As a Michigan State fan, I love how badly Michigan is doing :awesome:
Pretty late, but going for PPE in University College. I know the chances are slim, but I really hope I get in :colondollar:

Any other PPEists here? Anyone heard back yet, from any of their Unis for PPE?
Original post by Muffinz
It means you have an offer, and perhaps that I have a rejection. Congratulations.

Muffinz. We don't know how long ago he applied... I have every faith in you getting in! I've read you ps and your grades are amazing!!! Please don't fret. I do find it hard that a notoriously slow department are giving out offers now.
Also I wonder when an application comes through post alevel applications or mature students can be flagged up somehow. Tbh I think you should only apply to uni once you have results but that's just me. Anyway cheer up n keep us posted. Devon hug.
!!! I got my offer today for Classics and nearly had a heart attack.
Good luck to all of you!

Don't put too much stock in when they send offers or rejections, I genuinely don't think it matters at all. Again, good luck!
Original post by sandfishes
!!! I got my offer today for Classics and nearly had a heart attack.
Good luck to all of you!

Don't put too much stock in when they send offers or rejections, I genuinely don't think it matters at all. Again, good luck!

Congrats :biggrin: did you get into University college as I see you applied for it?
well done everyone with offers...and dont panic those with no replies yet!!
im comforted that i least have aberystwyth lol.
Original post by Antifazian
Congrats :biggrin: did you get into University college as I see you applied for it?

I did! :smile: Thanks! I'm over the moon right now, and it's completely distracting me from studying for my Oxford LAT tomorrow morning. :tongue:

Again, the best of luck to the rest of you!
Original post by 4 I Murder Carrots Fun
"Received by department" :dots:

You? :biggrin:

Mine's "Received by a College", which is exciting but also a painfully long wait. I thought once that status was up, I would hopefully get an offer soon. Sadly, I was mistaken :P
I just got an offer for Business Economics!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 475
Original post by saks10111

When did you send your UCAS off?
Original post by AmiB
When did you send your UCAS off?

End of September, so it's been quite a while lol. What are you applying for?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 477
End of September, so it's been quite a while lol. What are you applying for?

Law M100, sent mine off on the 22nd October and its still with the department :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 478

How long was your wait between being accepted by department, and receiving an offer via UCAS?
Original post by sandfishes
I did! :smile: Thanks! I'm over the moon right now, and it's completely distracting me from studying for my Oxford LAT tomorrow morning. :tongue:

Again, the best of luck to the rest of you!

Very well done! :smile: and good luck for that Oxford thing ha :tongue:

Latest