The Student Room Group

Getting Dax Wax out of hair

So I went as a punk for Hallowe'en last night, which is all very well and good, but the wax I used to construct a mohican is being a stubborn ****** and not coming out, making it look as if I haven't washed my hair for about 4 weeks.

Any advice? I've had 3 showers today: washed my hair with shampoo about 6 times the first time, with olive oil and shampoo 3 times the 2nd time, and with washing-up liquid and shampoo the 3rd time. Hair still has wax in it though (albeit not as much as before).

:frown:
Reply 1
quadruple_twist
So I went as a punk for Hallowe'en last night, which is all very well and good, but the wax I used to construct a mohican is being a stubborn ****** and not coming out, making it look as if I haven't washed my hair for about 4 weeks.

Any advice? I've had 3 showers today: washed my hair with shampoo about 6 times the first time, with olive oil and shampoo 3 times the 2nd time, and with washing-up liquid and shampoo the 3rd time. Hair still has wax in it though (albeit not as much as before).

:frown:

Never use dax wax again. It never comes off, although its very durable and does actually hold your hair. It comes off gradually, after about 20 washes lol. Its rubbish.
Very, very hot water without scalding your head and a lot of scrubbing I'm afraid! Your gonna have to melt it out :frown:
Nynyflower
Very, very hot water without scalding your head and a lot of scrubbing I'm afraid! Your gonna have to melt it out :frown:

Hot water is extremely bad for the scalp, it will become all dandruffy. Also OP, dont wash your hair so many times in a day. Its bad. You have learnt your lesson to not use dax wax again.

You can use Dove Soap (leave it on for 5 mins) then rinse thorougly.
Ooh I didn't mean put it on your scalp, just on your hair!!
Reply 6
I just condition it first, leaving in for 2-3mins, followed by shampoo and then finished with conditioner again.
They actually do some special dax wax shampoo designed to wash it out as it's such a pain :smile:
Reply 8
I have the same problem!! :frown: I tried to go as a greaser with a pompadour hairstlye but my hair was to short but by this time id already used the dax wax.

Ive been looking around with google and ive seen people saying to use washing up liquid, soap, ice and all other kinds of dodgy stuff

im gonna try using dry shampoo, using very hot water and pulling it out with my fingers, using shampoo on dry hair and using soap and water.

Let me know how you get on so i can try it too! ill also let you know how i get on :smile:
Original post by Dougie321
I have the same problem!! :frown: I tried to go as a greaser with a pompadour hairstlye but my hair was to short but by this time id already used the dax wax.

Ive been looking around with google and ive seen people saying to use washing up liquid, soap, ice and all other kinds of dodgy stuff

im gonna try using dry shampoo, using very hot water and pulling it out with my fingers, using shampoo on dry hair and using soap and water.

Let me know how you get on so i can try it too! ill also let you know how i get on :smile:

lol well with it being 2 years ago, I think I've just about got it all out :tongue:

Took a few days if I remember correctly. Never using that **** again!
Reply 10
Lmao! didnt even see the date, i feel so silly :P
Apply the shampoo or dish washing soap to DRY hair and work through and then rinse. The water stops the shampoo from lifting the oil/wax. Alternatively, apply baby oil to your dry hair and then shampoo out. The oil helps release the waxes hold on your hair strands and is easy to wash out with a liberal amount of shampoo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending