The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks mate, will check it out once Orange explain to me why they have barred my calls :facepalm2:

I may not have paid my bill on time :shh:
Lol my sister just got a desire hd for free with 600 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet for £20 per month! Haggling is the way forward...
Original post by G8D
Sipdroid is meant to be good :iiam:

Cheers :top:

Original post by Martinman300
Lol my sister just got a desire hd for free with 600 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet for £20 per month! Haggling is the way forward...

Your sister could give me some tips tbh :perv: Great deal :adore:

That is quite a spectacular contract. (I guess the way you say it means the phone is free?)
Original post by rorydaredking
If there are instructions for setting up outlook on windows or mail.app on osx, you can extrappolate them to the email app on android. What uni do you go to, and ill have a look

Original post by RightSaidJames
What uni do you go to? They should have info on how to check your email from a computer or another device, which can be modified to work on an Android phone.

Alternatively, try letting your phone retreive the settings using guesswork. Go to Mail, press menu button, then select More > New account > Other, then go through the step-by-step thingy. If that doesn't work then you'll need to get hold of actual settings then click Manual setup instead of doing it step by step.

Exeter. I only found this. http://as.exeter.ac.uk/it/email/sharedornon-personale-mailaccounts/

Honestly it's not that big a deal and you don't need to go through all this trouble.

RSJ, I tried that but it said something about the servers not responding.

Thank you
Reply 2365
I wanted to debrand my Galaxy S and I came across this website Click where they say
Be careful and download only a suitable firmware. For example if your current firmware is i9000XXJF2 stick to i9000XXxxx firmware. XX European DX = Asian markets.

However because the firmware is T-mobile's own software (it's I9000BOJF1 and the BO is used by T-mobile) I don't want to stick to it's own firmware so I'm a bit stuck tbh. Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
Anyone else being held up by this disgraceful hold up by SE over there 2.1 android update?
its a touchy subject with me atm!
Original post by Stringer987

Original post by Stringer987
Anyone else being held up by this disgraceful hold up by SE over there 2.1 android update?

Didn't they say they were skipping 2.1 and aiming for 2.2.
Original post by yoyo462001
Didn't they say they were skipping 2.1 and aiming for 2.2.

I wish! They released 2.1 to nordic countries on sunday evening. Just a waiting game now for when the uk recieves it!
Original post by Colbert
Thanks mate, will check it out once Orange explain to me why they have barred my calls :facepalm2:

I may not have paid my bill on time :shh:

What does it mean if your balance is a negative number?
Original post by + polarity -
What does it mean if your balance is a negative number?

You've paid too much and it'll be taken off your next bill?
Original post by Colbert
You've paid too much and it'll be taken off your next bill?

I haven't had to pay anything yet :shades:
Overspent?
Original post by sleekchic

Original post by sleekchic
Exeter. I only found this. http://as.exeter.ac.uk/it/email/sharedornon-personale-mailaccounts/

Honestly it's not that big a deal and you don't need to go through all this trouble.

RSJ, I tried that but it said something about the servers not responding.

Thank you

Wow, seems very complicated. You need to set up a VPN to access email off campus. Not much chance of pushing it to phone tbh.... vould make a new gmail account and forward your uni email to that, then set up the new account on your phone...
Finally a decent fb application

Just released in the market :smile:

Original post by G8D
Can't install on my Hero, for some reason.

Ooh weird, mine has downloaded
Original post by ~style
This could become a society at this rate :p:

So HTC has 3 phones so far - Magic, Dream and Hero. Anything else?

Sony Ericsson also seem to be releasing an Xperia 3 operating the android OS.

Samsung have the Galaxy.

I heard Motorola have one in the making also.

Also the Hawaii.

Then there are the rumoured Dell and Archos devices/phones.

Add to that Asus and Lenovo, whatever they are planning to make with android.

Ok that's off the top of my head, anything else?

Don't forget the HTC Wildfire. I would tap that.

My ****ty Blackberry won't work so I'm now looking for a replacement. Android methinks.

Which should I get:

HTC Wildfire
Samsung Galaxy Europa
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini PRO

I'm worried about the europa's wi-fi. Is it true the wi-fi is shi*

My main feature I want is 3G and FM Radio. I would also like to develop and test apps on my phone. GPS is non essential but certainly a bonus
Original post by Asclepios
Don't forget the HTC Wildfire. I would tap that.

My ****ty Blackberry won't work so I'm now looking for a replacement. Android methinks.

Which should I get:

HTC Wildfire
Samsung Galaxy Europa
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini PRO

I'm worried about the europa's wi-fi. Is it true the wi-fi is shi*

My main feature I want is 3G and FM Radio. I would also like to develop and test apps on my phone. GPS is non essential but certainly a bonus

Firstly can I ask what is your budget because then we could start to look for some better phones because imo they all aren't brilliant mainly because resolution is so small. From the reviews that I have read of the wildfire (my dad wanted one so I have done quite a bit of research) quite a few android apps are unavailable for the above phones because of the small resolution and it also makes web browsing quite difficult. Also, the poor proccessor will mean it takes quite a while for web pages to render and will also struggle rendering games. Add to this the fact that all are on ARMv6 architecture and I can see as we move into the future some apps becoming dependent on ARMv7 architecture, (Currently fennec for v7 is in beta but v6 is still in nightly build stage)

That said though, they do make excellent budget phones if all you want is a a phone for basic phone activities
Original post by wizard710
Firstly can I ask what is your budget because then we could start to look for some better phones because imo they all aren't brilliant mainly because resolution is so small. From the reviews that I have read of the wildfire (my dad wanted one so I have done quite a bit of research) quite a few android apps are unavailable for the above phones because of the small resolution and it also makes web browsing quite difficult. Also, the poor proccessor will mean it takes quite a while for web pages to render and will also struggle rendering games. Add to this the fact that all are on ARMv6 architecture and I can see as we move into the future some apps becoming dependent on ARMv7 architecture, (Currently fennec for v7 is in beta but v6 is still in nightly build stage)

That said though, they do make excellent budget phones if all you want is a a phone for basic phone activities

£150 -ish is my budget +/- £10say £20.
Im selling my Bberry for £62 at CEX. I'm banned completely no go back on ebay and amazon.

I have other money saved. So you mean certain apps won't work on these phones?
Can I build and test apps on all of the above I mentioned. Your jargon confuses me lol

Latest

Trending

Trending