The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Oh, I got an A in ICT AS as well - BOOM! :wink:
Original post by awlright
Haha, all is not lost Muij, I'm probably exaggerating my accademic prowess a bit much - you may well be far superior!! (after all your only your own toughest critic :biggrin:) :smile: My GCSEs were 8 A*s and an A* in a short course R.S...the rest were A's (one in SC ICT and Eng Lit)

My A-levels weren't stellar, I got 4As and a B: Math - A, (further maths got a B, but assuming that isn't cashed in :biggrin:) Bio - A, Chem - A, Econ - A, Crit Think - B (OH LORDY :P)

Predictions: Maths - A* ; F Maths - A; Bio - A* ; Econ - A
2A*s, 2As....In the grand scheme of UCL....prettty average :frown: They said my academia wasn't up to scratch but idk....

TSR ftw.

Maths, Econ, F maths are like the perfect A levels...

PLUS Biology

Still not good enough?

Penis.
Reply 42
Haha Glen_Nichols i agree!

awlright:
Academia not up to scratch... i have NO chance :O
my GCSE's really let me down, i went to a really bad state school :/

You have like the perfect grades :') your AS grades weren't stellar, dude you did 5 AS! Haha their loss :smile:
Reply 43
Don't worry about rejections from UCL, they reject all sorts with amazing grades.

I applied there last year, and was rejected, although I have re-applied :smile:
Lol I had no idea UCL was this competitive. Did LSE already start sending out rejections as well?
Reply 45
Original post by Muij
Haha Glen_Nichols i agree!

awlright:
Academia not up to scratch... i have NO chance :O
my GCSE's really let me down, i went to a really bad state school :/

You have like the perfect grades :') your AS grades weren't stellar, dude you did 5 AS! Haha their loss :smile:

Hahahaha, you're too kind dude :smile: Don't woz about the GCSEs, plus if your school is bad, they will definitely take that into account - THEY MUST! Otherwise they are complete *insert swear word here*s. GOOD LUCK MUIJ!!)

I meant on a grand scale of things Glen :P THESE UCL CANDIDATES ARE MENTAL!! :'(

There is hope for us all - Plus there is always element of luck ofc :smile: Hahaha Glen, I think they may be looking at AS predictions and stuff as well quite sternly...lots of people in my school got 3-4 A* predictions...so I on paper I am the interior candidate in most cases :P

I think LSE might be sending rejection already....but very sparsely because a lot candidates who receive offers will end up rejecting them...so you may effectively be on a long waiting list :smile:

Goood luck eveeerrryyy booodddyyyy! :smile: x x
Reply 46
Actually people on this forum have been rejected, but not for pure economics as far as i know :O
Got an AB offer from Uni of Nottingham :smile:
Reply 48
Course: Economics L100
University: Queen Mary
Offer: AAB including Mathematics and Economics
My first offer, so happy :biggrin:
Can someone help me with my chances for an offer.

International Indian student.
Xth Standard- 96.6% (Greater than 94 in everything)
XIIth Standar- 91.6&(90-Maths, 95 each in Physics and Chem, 97 in Physical Edu, 81 in English :frown: )
Currently doing first year of B.A. Economics Hons from Delhi University.

Choices-Oxford,LSE,UCL,Warwick,Bristol.
(I'll only attend the first three else I'll continue with DU)
Original post by anne9
Course: Economics L100
University: Queen Mary
Offer: AAB including Mathematics and Economics
My first offer, so happy :biggrin:

Congrats dude. :wink:

But looking at your other choices, I don't think you's be attending this university. :P
Original post by shubham_ag
Can someone help me with my chances for an offer.

International Indian student.
Xth Standard- 96.6% (Greater than 94 in everything)
XIIth Standar- 91.6&(90-Maths, 95 each in Physics and Chem, 97 in Physical Edu, 81 in English :frown: )
Currently doing first year of B.A. Economics Hons from Delhi University.

Choices-Oxford,LSE,UCL,Warwick,Bristol.
(I'll only attend the first three else I'll continue with DU)

How did your TSA go?
Original post by asdfg0987
How did your TSA go?

I think the Multiple Choice section went fairly well.
I completed all the questions with around 2 minutes of spare time. And there were just 1 or 2 questions I had no clue about.

I don't think I did very well on the writing section though. I chose that technology topic and am now feeling I ought to have used more power words and the works. I think I wrote it in pretty much too basic English. :frown:
Reply 53
Offer Southampton:
Economics L100
AAB or ABBB

That's my backup sorted!
Reply 54
Original post by Econight
Offer Southampton:
Economics L100
AAB or ABBB

That's my backup sorted!

Lucky, that's my backup too! When did you send off your UCAS?
Reply 55
Original post by goldlock
Lucky, that's my backup too! When did you send off your UCAS?

Beginning of octoberish
anybody had any offers from nottingham, york, birmingham, lancaster or oxford yet?
Reply 57
Original post by i have no name
anybody had any offers from nottingham, york, birmingham, lancaster or oxford yet?

How would that be even possible?
Original post by housey11
Econ
Southhampton
AAB

Nice! When did you send your ucas?
Reply 59
Original post by westham1993
Nice! When did you send your ucas?

October 15thish

Latest

Trending