The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
BOO YAH! Unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam :biggrin: Two unconditionals thus far, but neither are my top choices :tongue: But least I've got somewhere :biggrin:
I just got a letter from Sheffield saying they were giving me an offer and that I'd shortly receive details through UCAS. This is amazing, but it's not doing much for my refreshing track every ten minutes problem. :tongue:
I got an interview for Derby :biggrin:
And I've had a rejection from Aberystwyth :frown:

The waiting is bugging me, some girl in school sent off her application the day before mine and she has all 5 offers now "/ and she got 3 today!
Original post by Rachel_Leah
Heyy I'm applying for birmingham too :smile: let me know if you hear anything!!
However, I have received an email from nottingham requesting a sample, I think you should just wait and see as no uni does the same thing and they may change procedure from year to year, I don't really know :/ x

Will do! Yeah, I was expecting them to want portfolios before they offered, just haven't heard from anyone yet and it looks like loads of offers are coming in :-( lol that's probably just me on the outside going insane though XD let me know if you hear too!! Good luck!
Original post by paxiandreams
Will do! Yeah, I was expecting them to want portfolios before they offered, just haven't heard from anyone yet and it looks like loads of offers are coming in :-( lol that's probably just me on the outside going insane though XD let me know if you hear too!! Good luck!

Same, they may ask later on if they have wayyy too many people apply. And I know, I just want ONE to put my mind at rest, it's been a month today that my application has been gone and I'm slowly planning what to do if I don't get an offer lol...I'm thinking shall I take up some more AS levels, shall I work more, hmmmmm....
Original post by Rachel_Leah
Same, they may ask later on if they have wayyy too many people apply. And I know, I just want ONE to put my mind at rest, it's been a month today that my application has been gone and I'm slowly planning what to do if I don't get an offer lol...I'm thinking shall I take up some more AS levels, shall I work more, hmmmmm....

lol, I'm sure offers will come in! Did you apply for English courses? 'Cause I figure English is so popular they'll be absolutely inundated with applications and it'll take them ages to get through them, whenever you sent it off :P I've seen people commenting saying last year they didn't get offers til Dec/Jan. But I really don't want to be waiting that long lol!!!
Reply 806
Original post by jimbles
BOO YAH! Unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam :biggrin: Two unconditionals thus far, but neither are my top choices :tongue: But least I've got somewhere :biggrin:

CONGRATULATIONS!! :biggrin: I bet your really happy! Isn't Sheffield one of your favourites? :smile:

Did you get an acknowledgement from them?

xx
Reply 807
Original post by Sianelly
CONGRATULATIONS!! :biggrin: I bet your really happy! Isn't Sheffield one of your favourites? :smile:

Did you get an acknowledgement from them?

xx

Nope, it's one of my two safety choices, but it means now that I've got offers from both safeties, it means I can only hear from my favourite ones now haha! :biggrin:

Nope, just a straight offer :smile:
Original post by jimbles

wahttttttt!!! ughhh sheffield hallam y aint u given me my offer !!!!! i ENVY YOUU LOL
THIRD OFFER! BOOM. Universities definitely love me better than the examiners last summer.
ugh...sent my application off on the 14th of oct....

got nothing but aknowledgements....I WANT THE INTERVIEWS!!!!!
So I never really got the obsessive checking of Track, especially when I've been told it'll be weeks before a response. I hadn't been on in 10 days, then I went on three times today... I think I've caught the illness. I blame TSR!

:-) Oh and I'm still waiting.
Original post by yahyahyahs
THIRD OFFER! BOOM. Universities definitely love me better than the examiners last summer.

Yay!
Original post by tew1994
Not too sure, want to go to New Zealand to the Rugby World Cup, I have relatives down there. Would like to travel round spain as well, maybe france, but otherwise not too sure

Wow sounds pretty good! The only concrete thing I've got is 2 months in Ecuador, other than that I'm pretty clueless. Thinking of doing a bit of backpacking around spain (not copying you- honestly :P)
Reply 814
Original post by nikki-jones2009
wahttttttt!!! ughhh sheffield hallam y aint u given me my offer !!!!! i ENVY YOUU LOL

yours will come soon!!! :biggrin:
Original post by whimsicality
Yay!

Thanks :smile: Hope everyone else's offers are coming through!
Reply 816
I thought yesterday was going to be a good day but I had nothing :frown: maybe today will be the day... :smile: surely sending your ucas off on the 12th October and wanting just one offer (preferably Sheffield :smile:) isn't too much to ask?!
Reply 817
Original post by HattieHamster
I thought yesterday was going to be a good day but I had nothing :frown: maybe today will be the day... :smile: surely sending your ucas off on the 12th October and wanting just one offer (preferably Sheffield :smile:) isn't too much to ask?!

I'm sure you'll hear something soon :smile:
Original post by HattieHamster

I've seen quite a few offers for Sheffield today, so today might be your day! You sent your application off on the same day as me, so fingers crossed :smile:
comee on sheffielddd hallammmmmmmmmmmmmm! give me a offer please :frown::frown:

Quick Reply