The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when they UKCAT results?
Liverpoool seems to have started giving out interview according to the stalking thread..
I hope they also start soon.
ukcat results given to uni's on 5th nov
Original post by dafloodman

oh that's tomorrow!
thanks ^^
Original post by dafloodman

Most people have been saying 8th Nov.
And apparently St Andrews are going to increase the UKCAT cut-off :frown:

Just googled and it seems you are correct - UKCAT twitte
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by garlicbreadman
Most people have been saying 8th Nov.
And apparently St Andrews are going to increase the UKCAT cut-off :frown:

Just googled and it seems you are correct - UKCAT twitte

Where did you hear that? What they raising it to? :frown:
Original post by RealisticApproach
Where did you hear that? What they raising it to? :frown:

On one of the other medicine forums (newmediamedicine).
The poster said that they have 670 and were told they should just be alright
:mad:
Big jump from 614.25, eh?
On one of the other medicine forums (newmediamedicine).
The poster said that they have 670 and were told they should just be alright
:mad:
Big jump from 614.25, eh?

It's funny that you say that. After all this discussion I wound up calling them as well--the woman told me that everything we'd heard was just gossip and they'd only just downloaded the UKCAT documents and hadnt even looked at a cut-off yet. I think you'll be okay.
It's funny that you say that. After all this discussion I wound up calling them as well--the woman told me that everything we'd heard was just gossip and they'd only just downloaded the UKCAT documents and hadnt even looked at a cut-off yet. I think you'll be okay.

Yeah, I emailed them yesterday and have been told it could be as late as after Christmas when they decide the cut-off. So for now it is the same! :biggrin:
How'd u do in ur ukcat?
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah, I emailed them yesterday and have been told it could be as late as after Christmas when they decide the cut-off. So for now it is the same! :biggrin:
How'd u do in ur ukcat?

I got a 652.5. I took it last year as well and got a 655--so I've basically done exactly the same. I got a 730 in the Quantitative Reasoning, but unfortunately it was pulled way down by my other scores. How about you?
I am now worried about my application! I am tired of waiting! Pleaseee start sending interviews!
Hope the cut-off doesn't increase.

Also, I was wondering how easy it is to change the location for the clinical years? Is it easier to change from Scotland to Manchester? Can you change?

EDIT: Wait is painful.
Original post by spacepirate-James
Hope the cut-off doesn't increase.

Also, I was wondering how easy it is to change the location for the clinical years? Is it easier to change from Scotland to Manchester? Can you change?

EDIT: Wait is painful.

You're not generally supposed to change location of your clinical school. They do ask in 2nd year if anyone wants to change due to extenuating circumstances. However, it's probably more likely to be able to change from scotland to manchester given that manchester is larger and can take more students. For most of the scottish schools, there are very few clincial places for st andrews students.
Original post by King Newt
You're not generally supposed to change location of your clinical school. They do ask in 2nd year if anyone wants to change due to extenuating circumstances. However, it's probably more likely to be able to change from scotland to manchester given that manchester is larger and can take more students. For most of the scottish schools, there are very few clincial places for st andrews students.

The Scottish Government now funds more places in Scotland!
St Andrews Medical School

Number of places available

For 2011 entry it is expected that there will be 55 places for those progressing to Scottish Medical schools, 50% of which will be at Glasgow, 30% at Edinburgh and 10% at both Aberdeen and Dundee. A further 80 students will progress to Manchester Medical School to complete their Phase 2 (years 4-6) training.
The Scottish Government now funds more places in Scotland!

That's exactly the same amount of places as there are available in my year. Anyway, 10% of 55 is only 5 places in Aberdeen/Dundee - that isn't very many. And I don't know if the 15 places at Edinburgh include the ones reserved for internationals. The Dundee and Edinburgh places are the ones people fight over to get so consequently that's 20 hotly contested places. Manchester has the capacity to accept more students.
Does anyone remeber when St. Andrews started to give out interviews last year?
thanks ^^
Original post by areyousure?
Does anyone remeber when St. Andrews started to give out interviews last year?
thanks ^^

Last year, the interviews started going out around about the 10th of November. So hopefully next week guys! Fingers crossed.

In their reply to my email, they said it could be as late as Christmas before they decide the UKCAT cut-off so how will they send out interviews? :confused:
Last year, the interviews started going out around about the 10th of November. So hopefully next week guys! Fingers crossed.

In their reply to my email, they said it could be as late as Christmas before they decide the UKCAT cut-off so how will they send out interviews? :confused:

I've been wondering this EXACT thing--maybe they'll interview people with really high UKCAT's who will definitely surpass any cutoff.
yeah they will defo send out interviews before christmas
I've been wondering this EXACT thing--maybe they'll interview people with really high UKCAT's who will definitely surpass any cutoff.

Unfortunately, that is also the conclusion I have come to.

I hope they start next week!
I don't like checking my email every ten minutes knowing there won't be anything new!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending