The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by no chance
I think I have a really strong personal statement.

So did I. Good luck!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by ourlastmemory

edit: I feel so inadequate when everybody else on this thread has already sent their application and is getting offers/rejections/interviews haha, oh maan.

I'm with you on this one. I sent mine off on Monday and I thought that was good timing (considering I'm the first non-oxbridge applicant to have submitted my UCAS at school) now really depressed everyone on here ( even non ox-bridge people) submitted theirs two months ago!.... bad. times. lol.
Original post by buttercuplizzy

I'm with you on this one. I sent mine off on Monday and I thought that was good timing (considering I'm the first non-oxbridge applicant to have submitted my UCAS at school) now really depressed everyone on here ( even non ox-bridge people) submitted theirs two months ago!.... bad. times. lol.

Yep :emo: oh well, it shouldn't make a difference for us :smile: I just hope I get a fast-ish response, can't deal with all the waiting!
Original post by sportycricketer
OMG unlucky all the Economics applicants that got rejected. I am starting to worry now, even though I didn't apply for it, I did apply for Statistics, Economics and Finance. My GCSEs are no way as high as other ppl and thats why I thought I might give SEF a go.
These stories are similar to the one last year where a friend's friend had 11 A*s, 4 A*s Predicted (got them in the end) and still got a rejection from LSE, UCL and Cambridge! And now is doing Economics at Nottingham

This is crazy, how can anyone actually have better results than your friend!
Original post by ourlastmemory
Yep :emo: oh well, it shouldn't make a difference for us :smile: I just hope I get a fast-ish response, can't deal with all the waiting!

it's only been a couple of days and i'm already checking UCAS compulsively every minute hour. :colondollar:
Reply 685
Has anyone else been asked to the Bartlett Open Day/ Interviews on December 2nd?

I can't attend that day!

Do you know if they have additional dates?
Original post by 4 I Murder Carrots Fun
Just got an Unconditional for History :biggrin:

Congrats :smile: One question, when you got your offer, did you get an email from UCL as well as the Track update?
Reply 687
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
applying for Maths and Stats course for 2011

me too! what r u predicted and what subs do u study?
Applying for Economics L101 (International Course).
Predicted A*A*A*A, In Maths, Economics, Law and Physics
EPQ in Happiness Economics, predicted A*
GCSE'S: 2 A*'s, 7A's, 1B, 1C
By the looks of things I haven't got a chance in hell! But ahhh well. Haha
Original post by chad77
me too! what r u predicted and what subs do u study?

A*AA in maths, f.maths and physics. You?
Username: unknown_047
Course: Civil Engineering
Planned Entry: September / October 2011
it's only been a couple of days and i'm already checking UCAS compulsively every minute hour. :colondollar:

Woop, a fellow PEES applicant!

PEES and Philosophy? How did you manage that :redface:!
Original post by eugeneho
Nope! I'm on deferred entry so I'm starting school next year :smile:

Oh.Nice man.

Hope I get an offer from UCL as well. :frown:

Can you tell me my chances if I mail you my Profile?? :confused:
Reply 693
Has anyone heard back from the maths department?

I’ve applied for G107 4-year maths, but think I may have made a bit of a bad impression.
Reply 694
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
A*AA in maths, f.maths and physics. You?

A*AAA in french, maths, f.maths, and econ. wish i was predicted a* in maths/furth maths but my teachers r being so stupid!
Original post by dorian gray
Woop, a fellow PEES applicant!

PEES and Philosophy? How did you manage that :redface:!

While, ideally I would love to study Philosophy and Politics combined- but no universities I like really offer it. So, i thought i would try my luck and apply to them individually at UCL. I mean, i know loads of people who have done this kind of things. The two area link extremely well, and when talking about Philosophy i spoke about Political Philosophy (Locke's- Civil Treatise of Government) and the Ethics of Politics (for example, Guantanmo and how the US manipulated domestic and international law and whether this was right.) . Also, because it's PEES I spoke about early C20th Russia and Marx's Communist Manifesto- which is a big political philosophy text. Admittedly, my personal statement does lean more towards Politics, but you don't know until you try- do you? I would always regret it if I didn't give it a shot. I decided not to apply to oxbridge in the end (because i majorly was not ready for the 15th October deadline :colondollar: ) so, Philosophy was like my one fantasy option to replace the oxbridge fantasy lol.

anyway, longgggg rant overrr.

My best friend is at SSEES and his accommodation is RIGHT opposite SEESS, so when i've gone to visit him i've just gazed longingly at SEESS from his window. lol. have you heard about interview or anything yet? mine hasn't been acknowledge yet :s-smilie: i looked on the website and they said they start interviewing for PEES 12th January...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 696
Original post by Jederrs
Has anyone heard back from the maths department?

I’ve applied for G107 4-year maths, but think I may have made a bit of a bad impression.

Hi,

Ive only got an acknowledgement, but I think there are about two people in the thread that have got offers already.
Reply 697
Original post by zakiman
What else did he say?
PM me the mail? :tongue:

I'm so nervous!!!

It is nothing special, just that they need some more informations since they don't interview international applicants. Essentially questions why I want to study human sciences and why I want to study in the UK.

Don't worry. I am sure you will hear from them soon. :wink:
Maybe they want to work through the internationals before processing national applicants.

Original post by CZephyr
:P. That is awesome! What part of the human sciences are you applying for? Hahaha I am truly hopeless in that department. For IB, we all had to choose a "humanities" subject and I had to live with History for 2 years.

Yeah :smile: We will probably meet each other if we both get in! <fingers crossed>
I should be the one saying: 'Einwandfreies Englisch!!" But seriously, your English is truly impeccable :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
I'm actually not applying for a particular discipline of the human sciences. I'm applying for the human sciences course. :biggrin: This course is essentially human biology in a broader context, including behavioural and social sciences. :wink:
Hope to see you at UCL!
Reply 698
Does anyone know when they start giving out offers?
Original post by rhea45
Does anyone know when they start giving out offers?

I think that there are people on here who have already received offers for physics and math. Not sure for other subjects, though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending