The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by Lknewitt
Yes sure :smile: I'll send it to you. I think it's good, but everyone thinks their own is good I spose!

And thanks, you've been very nice.. I'll just have to get over it, their loss :smile:

Exactly! :biggrin: Bring on the Oxford admissions!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 561
Original post by mansonJP
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully it does mean an offer.

I've applied for Computer Science (G400). You?

Law (M100) hoping to throw a successful one out there.
Reply 562
Original post by Mann18

What stage are you at at the moment? Dept? College? Offer?
When did you send in your ucas?
Reply 563
Applied to Durham on the 19th Nov :smile:
There's a rumour that Durham don't make offers until Jan 2011... is this true?

I regret making an open application. I wish I'd applied to St Chads :frown:
Yes sure :smile: I'll send it to you. I think it's good, but everyone thinks their own is good I spose!

And thanks, you've been very nice.. I'll just have to get over it, their loss :smile:

Sucks mate, hope you ain't too down, but now your rejection means I have very little chance
Reply 565
What stage are you at at the moment? Dept? College? Offer?
When did you send in your ucas?

Departmental stage.

It was processed on the 6th of October I think, but going from last year, Durham Law offers aren't made until around December-Feburary, so I assume rejections come around then too.

Good luck to you, what college did you apply for?
Original post by KopCat
Do durham accept resit candidates? I'm thinking of applying to biomedical sciences and also do i have to choose a college or do they sort you into one according to your department that you apply to?

I resat Chemistry F321, and I will be resitting Maths C2 and Chemistry F322, and I got a place.

Don't worry about it; they won't know about resits unless you explicitly state on the application (e.g. in the modules section) that you've resat one.
Reply 567
Original post by Mann18
Departmental stage.

It was processed on the 6th of October I think, but going from last year, Durham Law offers aren't made until around December-Feburary, so I assume rejections come around then too.

Good luck to you, what college did you apply for?

Yeah, law is hugely competitive at Durham, good luck to you aswell.
I applied for grey. It looked nice (on the prospectus - I am lazy) and is well placed.
I was thinking Mary's or hatfield as well, defo not University(Castle) as I heard the accomodation is not the best.
You?
Reply 568
Does every different college have their own seperate sports teams e.g football, rugby or is there one overall Durham team for each sport etc.?

Also, how did you guys select which college to apply to because i missed the open day for Durham!
Reply 569
Original post by moomin-matt
Sucks mate, hope you ain't too down, but now your rejection means I have very little chance

Thanks, I've gotten over it now. :smile:

But you still have a chance, who knows what they're looking for? You may be it!
Reply 570
Yeah, law is hugely competitive at Durham, good luck to you aswell.
I applied for grey. It looked nice (on the prospectus - I am lazy) and is well placed.
I was thinking Mary's or hatfield as well, defo not University(Castle) as I heard the accomodation is not the best.
You?

I was going to apply for Grey, but then thought "Screw it, I'll apply for Trevelyan" because it has an awesome name, and I like the layout of the rooms.
Reply 571
Original post by CitizensUnited
I resat Chemistry F321, and I will be resitting Maths C2 and Chemistry F322, and I got a place.

Don't worry about it; they won't know about resits unless you explicitly state on the application (e.g. in the modules section) that you've resat one.

Yeah but i am resitting my A2s, i gained BBBB in my A levels but i'm retaking them. I don't know if they allow you to do A levels over 3 years :s-smilie:
And congrats on your offer!!
Reply 572
Original post by Mann18
I was going to apply for Grey, but then thought "Screw it, I'll apply for Trevelyan" because it has an awesome name, and I like the layout of the rooms.

I also looked at trevs - great name and symbol. I think what did it for me was that grey is closer to the science site and Im a lazy person.
Thanks, I've gotten over it now. :smile:

But you still have a chance, who knows what they're looking for? You may be it!

On your aes did it go to college or just stay in department?? When did you apply??
I kno u sent muffinz your ps, would be good to read it, good luck with oxford
Original post by KopCat
Yeah but i am resitting my A2s, i gained BBBB in my A levels but i'm retaking them. I don't know if they allow you to do A levels over 3 years :s-smilie:
And congrats on your offer!!

Fair enough. You could send an email to the university? I don't know about A2 resits.
And thanks :smile:
I'm applying to Durham twice!!! :smile:

Anthropology at Cuths...

...and Anthropology & Sociology at Collingwood.
Original post by Mann18

Wish that law wasn't the slowest department at Durham. Where else are you applying?
Reply 577
Original post by Mann18

I should have gone for Trevelyan, being from Cornwall and all :frown: Oh well.
Reply 578
Original post by adam0311
Wish that law wasn't the slowest department at Durham. Where else are you applying?

Oxford, Nottingham, QMUL and York.

I see you've also gone for QMUL, well played sir. I was thinking of Law and Politics too, but I decided against it in the end.
Reply 579
Original post by Muffinz
I should have gone for Trevelyan, being from Cornwall and all :frown: Oh well.

What's the connection?

And I'm slightly concerned it has a reputation as a musical college. If I get annoyed with someone playing the clarinet or something, it is being thrown out the window, fair warning.

Latest