The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mann18
Oxford, Nottingham, QMUL and York.

I see you've also gone for QMUL, well played sir. I was thinking of Law and Politics too, but I decided against it in the end.

I actually thought about Law and Politics too at QM, but I was a tad nervous about whether it would qualify. And if it did, how a BA would be viewed. On top of that, since I have different qualifications, the Law and Politics course had the exact same offer...so there was no advantage to it. Around this time last year QMUL came out with their first offers for law, so I'm expecting something any day now. I assume Oxford is your number one pick, what's your second?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 581
Original post by Mann18
What's the connection?

And I'm slightly concerned it has a reputation as a musical college. If I get annoyed with someone playing the clarinet or something, it is being thrown out the window, fair warning.

It's an extremely Cornish name. There's an old rhyme that goes "By Pol, Tre and Pen, we shall know our Cornishmen." Also if you look at the place names here: Trebah, Trewoon, Treverbyn, Tregonissey... Yeah :P
(edited 13 years ago)
I applied for History (V100) at Hatfield. It was just so pretty! :smile:
My application has been received by department, but ahhh, I just want an offer from someeeewhere, I sent my UCAS off on Oct 8th and all I've had so far are acknowledgements!
Reply 583
Original post by adam0311
I actually thought about Law and Politics too at QM, but I was a tad nervous about whether it would qualify. And if it did, how a BA would be viewed. On top of that, since I have different qualifications, the Law and Politics course had the exact same offer...so there was no advantage to it. Around this time last year QMUL came out with their first offers for law, so I'm expecting something any day now. I assume Oxford is your number one pick, what's your second?

Oooh, an offer from QMUL soon would be lovely.

I deliberately have not ordered my choices.
Naturally, the order would go like: Oxford, Durham/Nottingham, QMUL, York.
But really, apart from Oxford, the rest are very similar. So I haven't done it yet, I'll order my offers only. You?
Reply 584
Original post by flywithemma
My application has been received by department, but ahhh, I just want an offer from someeeewhere, I sent my UCAS off on Oct 8th and all I've had so far are acknowledgements!

I love your sig!
Original post by Mann18
I was going to apply for Grey, but then thought "Screw it, I'll apply for Trevelyan" because it has an awesome name, and I like the layout of the rooms.

Yay for Trevs - hi potential fellow Trevelyanite :biggrin:

Original post by mansonJP
I also looked at trevs - great name and symbol. I think what did it for me was that grey is closer to the science site and Im a lazy person.

Trevs is also close to the science site I believe, probably a difference of 2 mins less in bed before a 9am lecture :rolleyes:
Reply 586
Original post by Muffinz
It's an extremely Cornish name. There's an old rhyme that goes "By Pol, Tre and Pen, we shall know our Cornishmen." Also if you look at the place names here: Trebah, Trewoon, Treverbyn, Tregonissey... Yeah :P

Trevor.

I mean, oh right, I did not know that.
Original post by flywithemma

Same here (and for precisely the same reason, haha)! Although I'm deferring. :biggrin:
Original post by Mann18
Oooh, an offer from QMUL soon would be lovely.

I deliberately have not ordered my choices.
Naturally, the order would go like: Oxford, Durham/Nottingham, QMUL, York.
But really, apart from Oxford, the rest are very similar. So I haven't done it yet, I'll order my offers only. You?

Yeah, makes sense. I'm mixed to be honest. LSE is my number one, that's a definite. But unsure how I'd order the other options. I too, would have to wait until everything comes in.
Loving the fact you can go study in Reykjavik on the English lit course, if I'm accepted I'm up for that!!!!
Reply 590
Original post by CharlieT247
Yay for Trevs - hi potential fellow Trevelyanite :biggrin:

:hello:
Reply 591
Original post by moomin-matt
Loving the fact you can go study in Reykjavik on the English lit course, if I'm accepted I'm up for that!!!!

As long as they don't have anymore problems with volcanoes :biggrin:
No volcano will stop me haha, I did mention my interests in Norse/Nordic stuff in my ps.. Hoping they may like that
Reply 593
Original post by AlexIsMyHero
Nope, been wondering the same thing! haven't heard back from any of my choices, and its been a month :s-smilie:

there are not many biology student on TSR, where else are you applying to?

Same..a month tomorrow ! Um York , Oxford , Imperial and Edinburgh...I'm starting to get a bit worried as other peoples offers come in ...
Reply 594
Trevs is also close to the science site I believe, probably a difference of 2 mins less in bed before a 9am lecture :rolleyes:

You're probably right, either way I may need that 2mins.:tongue:
Reply 595
Original post by SergioMZ

Original post by SergioMZ
I am sending my application tomorrow. Yes, I am applying to Cambridge. However, Durham still is my top choice! I just hope it all goes well! : fingerscrossed :

SNAP - nobody seems to understand when you say that you would rather be at Durham than Cambridge!
Reply 596
Original post by kebabmonk

Original post by kebabmonk
Are there no geographers online? As you guessed i am...hopefully ill get onto the human course.

Fingers crossed!

I was just thinking the same thing! Although I'm going for Physical - good luck!
Reply 597
Original post by moomin-matt
No volcano will stop me haha, I did mention my interests in Norse/Nordic stuff in my ps.. Hoping they may like that

Oh yeah, of course! :biggrin: That'd be perfect for you!
Was looking at the module list, Nordic language is on there (bit excited)
Reply 599
Original post by Hnk2401

Original post by Hnk2401
Has anyone applying for geography heard anything yet???
Congrats to everyone who's already got offers!

Yeah, mine reads "your application has been sent to the college" whoop!!! (i think!?!) i didn't realise that we had the AES until today so I have no idea how long it has been like that but I think that this might be good news!

Latest