Not too bad. Nice beltless PR.

Back extensions:

bodyweight + 15 x 10
bodyweight + 15 x 10
bodyweight + 15 x 10

These were a bit harder.

Abs:

3 x 10
Crappy session tonight - suppose that's what I get when I take take time off from hard training. Been busy with careers related stuff, though, which is more important.

Front squat:

80 x 3
90 x 3
100 x 3

These were nice and fast, but core was beginning to give way on the 100 so I didn't bother with any-more. Thankfully my knees didn't hurt doing these - the knee sleeves must be helping.

Press:

This was a disaster. Got to 60 and only did one rep because it was hopeless.

Chin ups:

bodyweight x 4
bodyweight x 4
bodyweight x 2.5
bodyweight x 2
bodyweight x 2

Meh.
Presses more due to the wrists you were mentioning before?
I don't know, really. I know my wrists are a limiting factor in push presses but I don't think I've had a problem with strict presses before.

I think it was just a bad day.
'Nother pretty crappy session tonight; but I've been training so infrequently over these last few weeks that I shouldn't expect better.

Power jerks:

60 x 3
65 x 2
70 x 1
75 x 1
80 x 1
85 x 1
90 x f, f

First time doing these. Couldn't catch them high enough on with 90 so they were more like a push press, and I couldn't lock it out.

Close grip bench press:

60 x 10
60 x 10

Triceps were knackered, and first time benching in ages. Meh.

Chin ups:

bodyweight x 3
bodyweight x 2
bodyweight x 1

Very disappointing.
Reply 605
Just squat lower under the jerk rather then press it higher...
Reply 606
Love the squats man. As with many phases my current "thing" is front squats. Was hooked for a while a few months back and it's come back full circle. Hoping for 100x3 myself within the next few weeks. There's something I find really cool about 2 plate FS and upwards.
Original post by Witchita
Just squat lower under the jerk rather then press it higher...

I'm not fast enough to squat down in time. :redface:
Reply 608
Tried split jerking?
No.
Terrible session tonight.

Bench press:

60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 3

Was hoping for much more. I think that if I want to bench a lot [of weight], I need to bench a lot [of times per week].

Deficit deadlifts:

155 x 5

Nice PR, not too hard.

Bench press:

60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 3

This time the triple was a bit easier.

Rack deadlifts, just below knees:

worked up to 200 x 1 then pulled something in my back. Was quite painful then I went into the shower and showered it with hot water, and now it only feels like really uncomfortable DOMS. I'll be okay.
Reply 611
I'm almost on you with the bench. At least that's something Ii got going for me. :moon:
Reply 612
Original post by Smack
Terrible session tonight.

Bench press:

60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 3

Was hoping for much more. I think that if I want to bench a lot [of weight], I need to bench a lot [of times per week].

Deficit deadlifts:

155 x 5

Nice PR, not too hard.

Bench press:

60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 3

This time the triple was a bit easier.

Rack deadlifts, just below knees:

worked up to 200 x 1 then pulled something in my back. Was quite painful then I went into the shower and showered it with hot water, and now it only feels like really uncomfortable DOMS. I'll be okay.

Try going hot 4 mins, cold 1 min, hot 4, repeat a few times. I usually do it after deadlifiting tbf.
Original post by Smack

I definitely found this was the case for me. I used to really struggle with bench and was stuck on 60-65ish for months. Then I started benching 2-3 times a week and am up to 85 now and pushing for reps of 100 by christmas.
Reply 614
Race you to 100kg?
Let's do it. What's your previous max? I'm also still out injured so not progressing right now, but should be benching again in a few days hopefully.
I'll join this race.
Reply 617
My previous PR was 90kg at 92kg. I think I managed 80kg x 3 reps at the time. I think I'm easily good for 80kg 3x5 now and weigh 86kg.

Shall we do it meet style? Pick a date and see who's best on the day? People tend to forget races as things come up. But if we pick a day, it's kinda more official-ish.
Original post by SMed
My previous PR was 90kg at 92kg. I think I managed 80kg x 3 reps at the time. I think I'm easily good for 80kg 3x5 now and weigh 86kg.

Shall we do it meet style? Pick a date and see who's best on the day? People tend to forget races as things come up. But if we pick a day, it's kinda more official-ish.

We'll see who's the strongest on the first day of the new year that we each bench press. I'll try and get Nick to video me.
Reply 619
That'll work.

Quick Reply

Latest