The Student Room Group

The 24 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Illusionary
It's a little cheaper at Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0029NZSCQ/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

I'm not sure I want to consider how much I've spent on buying all of the box sets individually as new releases! :p: Now they come on BluRay which makes it even worse... :o:

Same. I remember getting all the OC individual seasons.. and then they launched the proper limited edition set! (I'm an idiot.. and fell for the gimmick and got it too!) Same with Will & Grace too. :frown:

Yeah. My BF wants the Blurays too. I wonder if I should just wait.. I'm so impatient.
WhereIsMyMind
No more 24. :cry:

Last episode(s) were epic.

I haven't seen all the series, I think I might invest in the bumper boxset (is it out soon?)

A boxset of all 8 boxsets and Redemption is coming out in October for the princely sum of £183.79
I did watch the final episodes after they were shown but had to resist posting in here due to exams. But free, free, free at last!

It was great. I felt slightly let down at first but tbh, it could not have ended any other way.

Spoiler

Anyway, I'm going to re-watch episode 24 again, with no stress. And then I'm going to purchase/acquire series 4-8 (have others on boxset already) and sit on my couch watching it all again.
£20 for four seasons of 24 - that's less than 30p an hour! :eek:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/690901/24-series-1-4-boxset-20-40-delivere
^ Awesome

Ahhhhhh I already have 1 and 2 (thought I had 3...well I did have 3 but its gone AWOL!) Oh well even having 3 & 4 from that deal works out to be £10 each. I'm buying!
Well, what did people think of that? Personally, I'm a bit split over it. It was a pretty sad ending and quite a few tense moments. It also sets up the 24 movie very nicely and the movie will probably be the true ending of 24.
Madjackismad
Well, what did people think of that? Personally, I'm a bit split over it. It was a pretty sad ending and quite a few tense moments. It also sets up the 24 movie very nicely and the movie will probably be the true ending of 24.

I agree, nicely set up for the 24 movie, so let's hope the film lives up to the TV series! At first the ending felt incomplete as i was expecting more of a speech from Jack to really add to the finality of it all but, looking back, I think it was perfectly done :smile:
...Is it sad that I'm refusing to watch the final episode of season 8 until I've watched through every single episode again? I really don't want it to end. :o:

I'm on episode 24 of season 2 now, going to start season 3, again. I must have watched seasons 1-6 at least 3 times each now, 7 twice and 8 only once, minus the final episode. :yep:
siani-chan
...Is it sad that I'm refusing to watch the final episode of season 8 until I've watched through every single episode again? I really don't want it to end. :o:

I'm on episode 24 of season 2 now, going to start season 3, again. I must have watched seasons 1-6 at least 3 times each now, 7 twice and 8 only once, minus the final episode. :yep:

haha it's not sad but if it were me then i wouldn't be able to wait that long before watching the final episode!
Oldspeak
haha it's not sad but if it were me then i wouldn't be able to wait that long before watching the final episode!

I can't wait either. But I really just do not want it to end. :o: I've been watching it since I was 10.. You just can't fill a void like that! :o:

I'm on the 8th episode of Season 3 again already now. Though I just remembered that the 5th disc is screwed so I need to go buy a new boxset, which I really do not want to do. Anyone know why it won't work?! It just cuts out and won't read the disk on any of my devices. :frown: I would have taken it back to the shop, but I bought it from zavvi, so.... :rolleyes:
Hello guys, being an Entertainment mod and now a social group mod, just checking that you're all sorted/happy in here for your group leader and deputy leaders? Any of the leaders now confused as to how to manage the group? If the leader/a deputy could quote or PM me, that'd be great. If people think there aren't any leaders that are still active and are desperate to lead the soc, please quote me too. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Champagne Supernova

Original post by Champagne Supernova
Hello guys, being an Entertainment mod and now a social group mod, just checking that you're all sorted/happy in here for your group leader and deputy leaders? Any of the leaders now confused as to how to manage the group? If the leader/a deputy could quote or PM me, that'd be great. If people think there aren't any leaders that are still active and are desperate to lead the soc, please quote me too. Thanks. :smile:

We've got an inactive leader, a reasonably active deputy and an inactive deputy, so I think a reorganisation is needed. That said, given that there aren't going to be any more seasons of 24 interest in the group is likely to stay fairly low now.
Mustard-man
x
As an active deputy, do you want the group leadership? If not, I'm happy to take this on. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Illusionary
We've got an inactive leader, a reasonably active deputy and an inactive deputy, so I think a reorganisation is needed. That said, given that there aren't going to be any more seasons of 24 interest in the group is likely to stay fairly low now.
As an active deputy, do you want the group leadership? If not, I'm happy to take this on. :smile:

That's fair WRT to a slow decline in activity from now on. I didn't realise you were an active member of the soc Illusionary and being a super, I'm sure you could sort this out for me (please? :p: ). Just tell me when you're all sorted so I can cross the group off my list. :smile:
Okay, well if no-one else wants it I'll take over here for now. :smile:

Sorry, I only just sorted my internet for my flat. Yeah, go for it.
Original post by Mustard-man

Sorry, I only just sorted my internet for my flat. Yeah, go for it.

Just as I was getting used to this being mine! :p: But yeah, that's no problem. You should receive a PM shortly. :smile:
Just as I was getting used to this being mine! :p: But yeah, that's no problem. You should receive a PM shortly. :smile:
Hah... Don't think you'll be missing much though :wink: Cheers.

Hah... Don't think you'll be missing much though :wink: Cheers.

Probably not! :p: This is worth flagging up, though:
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/12041504/24-Season-8-Box-Set/Product.html
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/13449710/24-Season-8-The-Final-Season-Box-Set/Product.html

Four days to go :biggrin: :woo:
Ah, so excited for season 8 release! :smile: However, being the sad person that I am, I'm refusing to watch the final episode until I have the boxset. I'm playing through all the seasons again right now, currently on the 3rd disc of season 3. :biggrin: I went into HMV today and they said they're selling it for around £34.99, and they're doing a HMV exclusive sleeve? I'm intrigued..
Original post by siani-chan

Original post by siani-chan
Ah, so excited for season 8 release! :smile: However, being the sad person that I am, I'm refusing to watch the final episode until I have the boxset. I'm playing through all the seasons again right now, currently on the 3rd disc of season 3. :biggrin: I went into HMV today and they said they're selling it for around £34.99, and they're doing a HMV exclusive sleeve? I'm intrigued..

It that case, enjoy it when you do get the chance to watch it! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest