The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyrone Biggins
All, How long contract are these temp roles at Sainsbury's?

I have interview next week and she said induction on 28th Nov, so is it 6 weeks, 8 weeks?

All temp contracts are gonna be terminated 1st of January this year.
Barely seems worth it then.

4 weeks work:angry:
Original post by Tyrone Biggins
Barely seems worth it then.

4 weeks work:angry:

But they might keep you on permanently... they often take on temps if you work hard.
Reply 6543
interview tomoz im really scared about the customer service section on the dvd :frown:
Reply 6544
I wish I had an interview. :frown: Instead I waited two weeks in "Application in progress" limbo just to be told that the position has already been filled.
Original post by cherrycola32
All temp contracts are gonna be terminated 1st of January this year.

Mine's the 24th December :frown:
Reply 6546
I started on June 20th so I will be eligible for my discount card on December 20th. Realistically, could i do my christmas shopping with it? (will i have it before christmas eve)?
Reply 6547
Original post by triiden
I started on June 20th so I will be eligible for my discount card on December 20th. Realistically, could i do my christmas shopping with it? (will i have it before christmas eve)?

You should be able to if you're quick about it.
I handed in my notice today. Shortest job ever!
Original post by screenager2004
I handed in my notice today. Shortest job ever!

Why/how long were you there? :P
Original post by inksplodge
Why/how long were you there? :P

I was there for 5 weeks. I really loved the staff and the company, just had a lot of personal stuff happening at the same time AND a degree course and I really couldn't cope with juggling all three.

Feel quite bad to be leaving really.
Reply 6551
guys what is better

ask a customer if they want help
or
stop what ur doing n help them

if a customer is struggling with their trolley
Original post by kirsty142
Haha! I'm a Newcastle fan and they generally are Sunderland fans :tongue: Was very funny for me at work on Sunday afternoon :biggrin:

I've got a lot of family down Newcastle so I do follow the team and that. Wearing my top just now infact haha. Hopefully I'll manage to make a game before the end of the year.

Oh a can imagine on Sunday. :tongue: I got the security guard to check the score for me cos I work 12-8 on Sundays and when he said it was 5-1 I ended up shouting "are you f'kn serious?!" on the shop floor. Don't think anybody noticed though... Just walked about with a big grin on my face for the rest of the shift.
Original post by Schumacher
I've got a lot of family down Newcastle so I do follow the team and that. Wearing my top just now infact haha. Hopefully I'll manage to make a game before the end of the year.

Oh a can imagine on Sunday. :tongue: I got the security guard to check the score for me cos I work 12-8 on Sundays and when he said it was 5-1 I ended up shouting "are you f'kn serious?!" on the shop floor. Don't think anybody noticed though... Just walked about with a big grin on my face for the rest of the shift.

haha one of the other girls who was on Health and Beauty is a Newcastle fan so she found out, came over to my till and went '5-0!' The customers that came after that had excellent service!!:biggrin:
Original post by kirsty142
haha one of the other girls who was on Health and Beauty is a Newcastle fan so she found out, came over to my till and went '5-0!' The customers that came after that had excellent service!!:biggrin:

Yeah same :tongue: I was packing their bags and all sorts, chatting away to all of them with a big grin singing Newcastle songs in my head. Brilliant stuff really, just wish I put a bet on it now!
nearly pay day woohoo :colone:
Reply 6556
Original post by tosh999
guys what is better

ask a customer if they want help
or
stop what ur doing n help them

if a customer is struggling with their trolley

I said stop what you're doing and help.

Asking if they want help could come off a bit snarky, i could imagine a customer like 'No i just dropped all my fruit and veg on the floor for fun :rolleyes:'

:lol:..
Yay. My wage has gone in the bank. It is back in the black... For now. :smile:
Reply 6558
Yay, pay day :biggrin:

Original post by Foulish
Wait for probationary period, then ask. Talk to your HR dept, and the other store usually needs to have a vacancy.

I know this was from a while back, but thank you for answering :smile:
If your an xmas temp, how would you get your payslip?

Latest

Trending

Trending