The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
I don't like the new Xbox dashboard update, it's slowed my Xbox down!!! :angry:*

*Except for the new featured marketplace for just your own games, that'll be useful (once they fix the DLC locations!!!!.:angry:)
Reply 7981
Original post by Tathrim
I don't like the new Xbox dashboard update, it's slowed my Xbox down!!! :angry:*

I didn't think it was possible to make the Xbox menu sytem any more badly designed. Yet somehow, Microsoft have managed it. It now looks like a massive pile of ****.

In other news, I only just realised, after having moved my desk a few days ago, that I didn't plug an audio cable in properly. And so I've been missing my left speaker for three days without noticing. Whoops. :p:
Original post by Chrosson

All right, a little assortment, just for you guys

Awesome violin music:

Bit of irish music (really get going around 45s):

Not your typical christmas tune (or christmas lights for that matter):

Difficult to choose just 1 simon and garfunkel song:

And a bit of pendulum:

Congrats on Member of the Month :sexface: I found the sub confusion issue amusing :teehee:
Original post by secretmessages
Congrats on Member of the Month :sexface: I found the sub confusion issue amusing :teehee:

Cheers.
Yeah most people did :sigh:
Does anyone know how I would carry out remote assistance over a network? I'd like to see my desktop's screen (downstairs) on my laptop (upstairs) and I don't want to run it through the Internet connection :beard:
Does anyone know how I would carry out remote assistance over a network? I'd like to see my desktop's screen (downstairs) on my laptop (upstairs) and I don't want to run it through the Internet connection :beard:

VNC of some form is probably the simplest solution.
I recommend UltraVNC - http://www.uvnc.com/
Install the server on the desktop, set a password, let it though the firewall etc etc and then connect to it with the client from the laptop.
It's a pain if you're using 3rd party firewalls and the first attempt might be tricky, but once it's working it'll work flawlessly and connect fine in future.

VNC of some form is probably the simplest solution.
I recommend UltraVNC - http://www.uvnc.com/
Install the server on the desktop, set a password, let it though the firewall etc etc and then connect to it with the client from the laptop.
It's a pain if you're using 3rd party firewalls and the first attempt might be tricky, but once it's working it'll work flawlessly and connect fine in future.

Interesting, VNC sounds like the obvious solution now you've mentioned it :beard: I will look into it, thanks :smile:

Interesting, VNC sounds like the obvious solution now you've mentioned it :beard: I will look into it, thanks :smile:

aye, i've used it before at work. its remote desktop without blanking out the other screen:awesome:
Reply 7988
Guys! Long time no speak! I have been mega busy with Uni and the OTC (TA). I am struggling with Object Orientated Software Dev.
Does anyone know about use case diagrams, nouns, UML and such things? I've missed some lectures due to breaking my finger, requiring surgery. Damn student life!
My god I hate assembly.
Abstract it all away please.

I never was good at software design either (in response to above).

Middle of the road kinda guy. That's me.
"So!" thinks me, "I'll search for my username".
The expected posts about me come up, but I happened to scroll down a bit further and note a little addition...

Can you imagine someone starting a thread in tech asking 'Who is chrosson?' :rofl:
"So!" thinks me, "I'll search for my username".
The expected posts about me come up, but I happened to scroll down a bit further and note a little addition...

Can you imagine someone starting a thread in tech asking 'Who is chrosson?' :rofl:

dyslexic pastry?

:biggrin:
:rofl: Quite

:awesome: I quite like classical sometimes, stuff like that rather than the "weak" pieces (don't know how else to describe them).

I like:

I can't watch this without hearing it as
Reply 7993
So apparently we're a group now. Someone needs to update the society's avatar. :p:

Original post by Dez
So apparently we're a group now. Someone needs to update the society's avatar. :p:

I can do that :cool:

Suggestions?

I can't watch this without hearing it as

:awesome:

Suggestions?

I have made my suggestion :smug: