The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by AmiB
I just got my first rejection :cry:

Oh no! Don't worry!!! Where from? You'll get many more offers I am sure!
Reply 81
Original post by Doughnuts!!
I've applied to Cambridge, Nottingham, Warwick, Birmingham and Manchester. Got an offer from Manchester, but I've only got acknowledgments from the rest. I'm not 100% sure what my first choice will be if I get offers from all of them (seriously) but joint second choice is Nottingham and Warwick.

What about you? :smile:

And I don't like the course because I hate the fact that we get forced to learn about jurisprudence- despite the fact that I wrote about it and I'm looking forward to studying it. My favourite Law schools are the ones where you get a choice between jurisprudence and no jurisprudence. I'm not sure why...

ARGH I always forget to quote! My reply is somewhere above x
Reply 82
Original post by calannra
Oh no! Don't worry!!! Where from? You'll get many more offers I am sure!

Southampton, I didn't really want to go there anyway, but it hurts to know that they didn't want me :frown: but I suppose I'm lucky to already have 2 good offers :rolleyes:
OOH good luck with everything! Hopefully you'll get into Cambridge :smile: see.. I hated Nottingham! Strange since it is a pretty place but didn't like it at all....

Well done from the offer from Manchester :smile: My friend goes there and loves it! (not to do law though, biochemistry).

If I got all 5 offers, Birmingham would be my first choice and then UEA as my insurance!

Ahh yes, to be honest I hate the sound of jurisprudence!! Oh well, I suppose it is only one little part of a big degree..

Ahaha, found your reply. :p: Btw, I've probably asked you this before, but why did you end up having to take a gap year?

Thanks. :smile:

You hated Nottingham?!?! WHY?? I haven't visited it yet, but it looks beautiful. :love:

Who knows...maybe we'll end up being course mates at Birmingham? :dontknow:

I actually love the sound of juripsrudence. Legal philosophy sounds perfect! :sogood: What aspect of law are you looking forward to the most?
Reply 84
Original post by AmiB

Ah not cool :frown: I'm sure you'll get more offers though!
Reply 85
Original post by AmiB

Let's hope Durham will take you! That'll be a slap in the face to southampton
Reply 86
Original post by AmiB
Southampton, I didn't really want to go there anyway, but it hurts to know that they didn't want me :frown: but I suppose I'm lucky to already have 2 good offers :rolleyes:

That is understandable. But it is also good that you didn't want to go there! So doesn't matter too much. Where are your other offers? Good luck with the others! xx
Reply 87
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Ahaha, found your reply. :p: Btw, I've probably asked you this before, but why did you end up having to take a gap year?

Thanks. :smile:

You hated Nottingham?!?! WHY?? I haven't visited it yet, but it looks beautiful. :love:

Who knows...maybe we'll end up being course mates at Birmingham? :dontknow:

I actually love the sound of juripsrudence. Legal philosophy sounds perfect! :sogood: What aspect of law are you looking forward to the most?

I took a gap year because I was two grades off AAA (literally 3 UMS off an A in psychology). But I struggled so much with Biology, so I was lucky to get a B in that! But I did get an offer to study law at Nottingham Trent, but I hadn't seen the university and I'm not really one of these people to go somewhere I haven't seen, so I rejected the offer and I am trying again (hopefully to get three A's and go to Birmingham, ideally..) but no, sorry my gap year story isn't as good as most! I can't afford travelling! :frown:

Well I went to a Law Conference (Workshop conferences, it was good, I think they do them in march) and I enjoyed it, but I just knew that the University wasn't for me. I then was chosen to go onto the Academic Enrichment Programme at Nottingham, and stayed in some other halls, and my opinion hadn't changed. But the taster law seminar I had there was brilliant, and they are high up on league tables so I just think it is down to opinion.

Jurisprudence doesn't sound too bad does it? But I doubt it would be my favourite topic... I think I will be looking forward to Commercial Law, Land Law and Contract as I haven't done those before. In Law A Level I only did a little bit of Criminal and a little bit of Tort....

Ahh that'd be nice to know someone if we both went to Birmingham! But fingers crossed for Cambridge! I bet thats where you'd love to go :smile:
I'm expecting at least one or two rejections. One should be expected in all fairness given the competitiveness of Law as a subject itself and also the rise in Uni applicants and a cut in places, I think? You've still got offers from other great Uni's Ami so don't worry :smile:
By the way when did you send your UCAS and when did you get your Liverpool offer?
Reply 89
Ditto to the above. I'm expecting a rejecting from LSE, but might as well try! Durham as well, if I f*cked up on the LNAT.
Reply 90
That is understandable. But it is also good that you didn't want to go there! So doesn't matter too much. Where are your other offers? Good luck with the others! xx

I have an offer from Liverpool for AAA and Aberystwyth for BBB so basically a good firm and a good insurance :smile:

Original post by Troubled_Student
I'm expecting at least one or two rejections. One should be expected in all fairness given the competitiveness of Law as a subject itself and also the rise in Uni applicants and a cut in places, I think? You've still got offers from other great Uni's Ami so don't worry :smile:
By the way when did you send your UCAS and when did you get your Liverpool offer?

I sent my Ucas off on the 22nd of October and recieved an acknowledgment through the post on the 28th then an offer through the post on the 29th :smile:
Reply 91
Ucas Sent: 19th October

Course - LLB Law
University - Sothampton
Offer - AAA
Offer Recieved - 1st November

Course - LLB Law
University - Lancaster
Offer - Unknown
Offer Recieved - 4th November

Couse LLB Law (M105)
University - Exeter
Offer - AAB
Reply 92
Course - LLB Law
University - Lancaster University
Offer - Unknown (Hurry up and update please Track.)
Offer Recieved - 4th November.

Hold 2 offers now :smile:
Original post by AmiB
I have an offer from Liverpool for AAA and Aberystwyth for BBB so basically a good firm and a good insurance :smile:

I sent my Ucas off on the 22nd of October and recieved an acknowledgment through the post on the 28th then an offer through the post on the 29th :smile:

Eeek. I got an acknowledgement like Saturday and still no offer. Can I smell my first rejection?
Original post by emmab34
Ucas Sent: 19th October

Course - LLB Law
University - Sothampton
Offer - AAA
Offer Recieved - 1st November

Course - LLB Law
University - Lancaster
Offer - Unknown

Couse LLB Law (M105)
University - Exeter
Offer - AAB

Is that at the Cornwall Campus for Exeter?
Reply 95
Original post by Cast.Iron
Is that at the Cornwall Campus for Exeter?

Yes, it's my insurance.
Reply 96
Original post by Jen_17
Hi, congratulations on your offer!
I'm a little bit confused though? How comes sussex offered you ABB when their entry requirements are AAB? I want to apply to Sussex as well but my predictions are ABB but I've done lots of great work experience.
What were your predictions/AS exam results?

Jen_17

Hi. Yeah, I was basically given 2 offers from Sussex- either get ABB or AAC in the 3 A Levels I am completing this year; German, Maths & History. This is lower than the prospectus entry requirements and although I don't know for sure why they have done this I would guess it was one of the following reasons or a combination:

I completed A Level Drama last year and acheived an A grade- I will finish year 13 with 4 Alevels, 1 of which is already an A grade.

Good AS grades/predicted grades

AS Grades: AABBB Predicted A*AA (plus my Drama alevel- A)

Other qualifications I have/pending: EPQ (A*, although pending on application), Grade 8 Singing (Merit), Grade 7 Acting (Distinction)

Good GCSE Grades- 9A*'s & 5A's

Possibly good personal statement- I'm head boy at my school, get involved, did judge shadowing

Although I suspect it was my A Level Drama that was the reason I get a reduced offer it may well have been a combo of some of the above. Haha sorry, I hope that helps....
Reply 97
Has anyone received any offers from the LNAT universities? I'm tempted to ring up Birmingham and ask about the status of my application....
Reply 98
Original post by Troubled_Student
Eeek. I got an acknowledgement like Saturday and still no offer. Can I smell my first rejection?

Im sure that isn't the case! Everyone is different and I think I got mine so quickly because I had some work experience from a well known Liverpool based law firm! That's my theory anyway! :tongue:
Reply 99
Hey guys, I've applied on 25th October and still got nothing, but since my universities all want LNAT it is understandable. I just want to ask if you know whether the universities would receive my LNAT score before the 30th Jan.(I;m taking in this Tuesday) when the results are available, because I'd die if I'd have to wait until then for an offer :frown:
Thank you in advance :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending