The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marinated_in_Joy
Yeah, so are Manchester and sometimes Leeds. But the majority of them wait until after Christmas.

Yes unfortunately :frown:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by karema66
ANYONE PLANNING ON APPLYING FOR ''FRENCH AND RUSSIAN AB INITIO''
IF U R THEN PM ME.....I WANT TO FIND OUT MY COMPETITION :frown:

to do this course...is it okay to only have 1 a-level in french

ermm well I'm applying for French and Italian ab initio .. 1 a level in french as opposed to how many? :confused:
Reply 162
Original post by Pheebs1201
Is anyone else applying for Psychology or to any of the other Unis in my sig? Quote me if you are! :smile:

I amm, but i'm not getting my hopes up. My college has been holding my application for a while, and still hasnt been sent. Hopefully will be out by tomorrow.
I'm applying to Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham and UEA
you? when did you apply? and what have you heard? xxx
Original post by Anushkaa
I amm, but i'm not getting my hopes up. My college has been holding my application for a while, and still hasnt been sent. Hopefully will be out by tomorrow.
I'm applying to Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham and UEA
you? when did you apply? and what have you heard? xxx

I applied early-mid october and got my first offer on Monday from Cardiff :smile:

Not holding out much hope for Bristol either to be honest and am starting to feel like I've wasted a choice! But never mind :smile:

Good luck with yours- what are your predicted grades?
Reply 164
I applied early-mid october and got my first offer on Monday from Cardiff :smile:

Not holding out much hope for Bristol either to be honest and am starting to feel like I've wasted a choice! But never mind :smile:

Good luck with yours- what are your predicted grades?

Well done for cardiff! Where else have you applied?
I am predicted A*A*A*, how about you?
Oh no, see my application will come through like middle of November at this rate
xxx
Reply 165
Original post by Muffinz
Same as above poster, but Liverpool.

And Sheffield :smile:
Reply 166
Veterinary medicine come on Bristol interview pretty please
Well done for cardiff! Where else have you applied?
I am predicted A*A*A*, how about you?
Oh no, see my application will come through like middle of November at this rate
xxx

With grades like that you will be fine! I doubt you'll even get any rejections! With grades like that how come you're not aiming even higher?!

I wouldn't worry when it goes through as long as it's before January. :smile: I've gone for Cambridge (unlikely) Bristol (ahh :tongue: ) Cardiff, Exeter and Warwick :smile: x
Applied for English Literature a couple of days ago. Not getting my hopes up too much as I don't think I'll get an offer, but Bristol is only my third choice anyway.

Good luck to everyone!
Reply 169
Original post by joni_richardson
Applied for English Literature a couple of days ago. Not getting my hopes up too much as I don't think I'll get an offer, but Bristol is only my third choice anyway.

Good luck to everyone!

Only your third choice? Wow, Bristol's my 1st/2nd (in terms of UCAS, anyway). Where else did you apply?
I'm applying for Sociology :smile: It's my top choice but I'm fully expecting a rejection especially since my personal statement was slightly quirky in places which they could hate. Oh and the fact that it's one of the most competitive universities in the UK. Oh well guess we'll have to wait and see! :/ Anyone else?
Applying for Law :smile:.

Bristol is my third choice but I would still be really happy there.
Original post by Muffinz
Only your third choice? Wow, Bristol's my 1st/2nd (in terms of UCAS, anyway). Where else did you apply?

I'ma just gonna mail you as we keep quoting each other everywhere and it would make SO much more sense to mail, hahaha.
Reply 173
With grades like that you will be fine! I doubt you'll even get any rejections! With grades like that how come you're not aiming even higher?!

I wouldn't worry when it goes through as long as it's before January. :smile: I've gone for Cambridge (unlikely) Bristol (ahh :tongue: ) Cardiff, Exeter and Warwick :smile: x

Ahh but i don't think those grades are thaat realistic, maybe though..
Also my GCSEs kinda let me down a bit.I have noo idea.
I thought i was aiming too high! lol
What are your predicted grades?
Good luck, i heard Exeter is really lovely. Ahhh about Cambridge! any news from any of the other unis other than Cardiff?
XX
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 174
Original post by IHeartAmerica1993
I'm applying for Sociology :smile: It's my top choice but I'm fully expecting a rejection especially since my personal statement was slightly quirky in places which they could hate. Oh and the fact that it's one of the most competitive universities in the UK. Oh well guess we'll have to wait and see! :/ Anyone else?

Don't get your hopes down, i heard Bristol like quirky and individual personal statements. They accept individual students that have something new to offer.
What grades do you need to get in? and what are your predicted grades?
xx
:crossedf:
Don't get your hopes down, i heard Bristol like quirky and individual personal statements. They accept individual students that have something new to offer.
What grades do you need to get in? and what are your predicted grades?
xx

Thanks for the confidence :smile: I need ABB which are actually my predicted grades in Sociology, French and English Lang so if I'm lucky I may get in the by the skin of my teeth! :crossedf:
Are you applying for sociology as well? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 176
Original post by IHeartAmerica1993
:crossedf:

Thanks for the confidence :smile: I need ABB which are actually my predicted grades in Sociology, French and English Lang so if I'm lucky I may get in the by the skin of my teeth! :crossedf:
Are you applying for sociology as well? :smile:

Ah i'm sure youll be alright! Good luck! Let me know how it goes, nope i'm applying for psychology. It's my top choice, but scared i wont get it
xxx
Ah i'm sure youll be alright! Good luck! Let me know how it goes, nope i'm applying for psychology. It's my top choice, but scared i wont get it
xxx

Ahh good luck and don't be negative I'm sure you have just as much chance as anyone applying! xx
Ahh but i don't think those grades are thaat realistic, maybe though..
Also my GCSEs kinda let me down a bit, and Bristol isn't keen on private schools, but then again now that conservatives are in, it could be less important? I have noo idea.
I thought i was aiming too high! lol
What are your predicted grades?
Good luck, i heard Exeter is really lovely. Ahhh about Cambridge! any news from any of the other unis other than Cardiff?
XX

A*AA :s

Not heard from others yet other than acknowledgements, its so scary waiting for news, what about you? Youre defs not aiming too high you'll be fine dont worry :smile: xx
Original post by Toni42
Veterinary medicine come on Bristol interview pretty please

Me too! I've heard nothing from them since the acknowledgement :frown: .. Hopefully no news is good news so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Did you get the "on hold" email they seem to have been sending out today?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending