The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by brummi
Hey guys, I've applied on 25th October and still got nothing, but since my universities all want LNAT it is understandable. I just want to ask if you know whether the universities would receive my LNAT score before the 30th Jan.(I;m taking in this Tuesday) when the results are available, because I'd die if I'd have to wait until then for an offer :frown:
Thank you in advance :smile:

As soon as you have done your LNAT, the score and essay are sent to the universities. You get the result at the end of January.

What LNAT unis have you applied for? I know some are quicker at responding than others :smile:
Reply 101
Original post by calannra
As soon as you have done your LNAT, the score and essay are sent to the universities. You get the result at the end of January.

What LNAT unis have you applied for? I know some are quicker at responding than others :smile:

Heey! Thank you very much for the reply !
Well, I've applied to UCL, King's, Nottingham and Birmingham from the LNAT ones and Queen Mary.
Apart from the letter which says that they've received my application, I received an email from Birmingham, which says: "Welcome to Birmingham Law school! If you have already sat your LNAT you will receive a decision on your application shortly. If you have not already done so, please remember to register and sit the test as soon as possible."
And honestly I don't know whether this means that they only wait for my LNAT to give me an offer or it's just an ordinary email...
What do ou think?(consider the fact that I'm an EU, not a UK applicant :smile: )
Reply 102
Original post by brummi
Heey! Thank you very much for the reply !
Well, I've applied to UCL, King's, Nottingham and Birmingham from the LNAT ones and Queen Mary.
Apart from the letter which says that they've received my application, I received an email from Birmingham, which says: "Welcome to Birmingham Law school! If you have already sat your LNAT you will receive a decision on your application shortly. If you have not already done so, please remember to register and sit the test as soon as possible."
And honestly I don't know whether this means that they only wait for my LNAT to give me an offer or it's just an ordinary email...
What do ou think?(consider the fact that I'm an EU, not a UK applicant :smile: )

I don't know to be honest, I have applied to Birmingham and have had no such email...!
I know Birmingham start giving out offers in November, I got my offer last year on the 11th of November... so hopefully, fingers crossed, you'll start getting responses soon!
Reply 103
I don't know to be honest, I have applied to Birmingham and have had no such email...!
I know Birmingham start giving out offers in November, I got my offer last year on the 11th of November... so hopefully, fingers crossed, you'll start getting responses soon!

Thank you veeeery much for the support, you are so kind!!! Where do you study now?
Thank you again :smile: Good luck with everything! :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by stuck4aname
Course: BA Law with Criminology
University: Aberystwyth
Offer: Unconditional

UCAS sent: 13th October
Offer received: 22nd October

oh wow u guyz get ur offers really fast...how cum? guess its gonna b different for us international students ryt?
University: Edinburgh
Course: Law and Politics
Date Application sent: 8 September
Offer Received: 5 November
Decision: Conditional-3.0 GPA on 30 university credit hours (American Qualifications)
Reply 106
Original post by brummi
Thank you veeeery much for the support, you are so kind!!! Where do you study now?
Thank you again :smile: Good luck with everything! :smile:

Its ok :smile: I'm glad to be of any help!

At the moment I am taking a gap year and doing some more exams. How about you?
Reply 107
Its ok :smile: I'm glad to be of any help!
At the moment I am taking a gap year and doing some more exams. How about you?

Well, I am from Bulgaria and I'm in my last year at high school, currently applying to universities and sitting the LNAT ot Tuesday... I am extremely scared because I see that native speakers find it difficult, let alone a non-native like me... :frown: I just hope to be lucky... :frown:
Chester university (Law)
Offer: 300 UCAS points (BBB)

its my insurance :biggrin: so hopefully i'l be doing law for definate next year!!
Original post by AmiB
Im sure that isn't the case! Everyone is different and I think I got mine so quickly because I had some work experience from a well known Liverpool based law firm! That's my theory anyway! :tongue:

You're right! My offer came today via post, still not updated on track though. Still got my three top-ten Uni's to wait for, so no doubt a rejection is imminent! However I'm chuffed, Liverpool is amazing.

Course: M100
Uni: Liverpool
Requirements: AAA or 360 points.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by brummi
Well, I am from Bulgaria and I'm in my last year at high school, currently applying to universities and sitting the LNAT ot Tuesday... I am extremely scared because I see that native speakers find it difficult, let alone a non-native like me... :frown: I just hope to be lucky... :frown:

you're right to be scared it really difficult in your own language! you seem to be pretty fluent though :smile: good luck!
Reply 111
Original post by olibishop
you're right to be scared it really difficult in your own language! you seem to be pretty fluent though :smile: good luck!

Thanks a lot! :wink:
I just hope that the essay topics will not ALL be concerned with British politics (as are those in Mark Shepherd book for the LNAT), because I must say that I try to follow all the current news and events, but for example, I don't know anything about the Politics toward privatisation of the current government in the UK :frown:
Reply 112
Original post by brummi

Good luck for tuesday then! Try not to panic about the LNAT, I think the worst thing you can do is stress yourself about it. Have you done any of the practice tests? Because they are exactly how the LNAT is, except this year there are 42 questions instead of 30. xx
Reply 113
Good luck for tuesday then! Try not to panic about the LNAT, I think the worst thing you can do is stress yourself about it. Have you done any of the practice tests? Because they are exactly how the LNAT is, except this year there are 42 questions instead of 30. xx

Yes, I've done the 2 on the site I've got 30 and 28. I also made the old ones from the site and on the books I have and my best score is 24 out of 30... but most of the times I scored about 22... I just hope the universities will have in mind the fact that we are the first to go through the new format, which gives us less than 7 minutes on a paragraph, and be less demanding... :frown:

Thank you guys for the support! I wish you all the best luck!
P.S.- Do you know whether the admissions quota for UK and EU applicants is the same, or whether EU applicants would not be competing with the UK applicants :confused:
Reply 114
Original post by brummi
Yes, I've done the 2 on the site I've got 30 and 28. I also made the old ones from the site and on the books I have and my best score is 24 out of 30... but most of the times I scored about 22... I just hope the universities will have in mind the fact that we are the first to go through the new format, which gives us less than 7 minutes on a paragraph, and be less demanding... :frown:

Your scores in the practice tests are better than mine :smile: I was getting 13/30! I am sure you'll do well, let us know how it goes!
Reply 115
Thaaanks! I'll let you know... Hope it would go well! :smile:
Reply 116
Keele
Offer: Conditional 360 points (INCLUDING AB)

UCAS sent: 14th October
Offer received: 21stOctober
Original post by brummi
Thanks a lot! :wink:
I just hope that the essay topics will not ALL be concerned with British politics (as are those in Mark Shepherd book for the LNAT), because I must say that I try to follow all the current news and events, but for example, I don't know anything about the Politics toward privatisation of the current government in the UK :frown:

I was actually concerned about this too going into the LNAT because I also used the Mark Shepherd book. Not because I don't follow politics (it's all I do actually lol). The problem is since I am American, I'm not as familiar with British politics. It turned out that there was only one essay on the LNAT that I wouldn't have been able to do just because it was focused on British politics (can't remember the question). But the other options were pretty universal.
Reply 118
Original post by adam0311
I was actually concerned about this too going into the LNAT because I also used the Mark Shepherd book. Not because I don't follow politics (it's all I do actually lol). The problem is since I am American, I'm not as familiar with British politics. It turned out that there was only one essay on the LNAT that I wouldn't have been able to do just because it was focused on British politics (can't remember the question). But the other options were pretty universal.

I agree. Don't trust the essay questions in the Shepherd book (or the ridiculous length of the essays!), the questions aren't that specific. I'm an international applicant too, and I don't think I had any essay question option that was so deeply related to British politics that I couldn't do it. Overall though, I don't think I did well on the LNAT.
Guys, this thread is for offers only. Try and keep discussion about LNAT etc in the discussion thread.