The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
I recieved a conditional offer (AAA) for Psychology on the 3rd November (sent on 14th October) for Psychology :smile: anyone else heard back for Psychology yet?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Looks like I may have an offer on the way for law....

M101 Law
Your application has been received by a College
A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

I was not expecting the law school to come out this early. Now I hope the college makes a decision soon!
Reply 622
Original post by SergioMZ
Any Politics and IR offers yet?

I applied for Combined Honours in Social Sciences ( IR and Middle Eastern Studies)
got a conditional offer on 4th Nov.
Original post by adam0311
Looks like I may have an offer on the way for law....

M101 Law
Your application has been received by a College
A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

I was not expecting the law school to come out this early. Now I hope the college makes a decision soon!

AES isn't reliable 'Please note that occasionally some applications are unsuccessful despite being sent to a college as the University is restricted in the number of home offers it can make and is committed to ensuring that departments and colleges do not make too many offers. Occasionally, a department may inadvertently make a few too many offers, as our monitoring systems are updated on a daily basis rather than in real-time. These applications are recalled within the University and, even though the AES may have shown that an application has been passed to a college for consideration, the University will not be in a position to make an offer and an unsuccessful decision will be recorded at UCAS'
Reply 624
If I get an offer from Durham for history it will be a miracle! I don't suppose my A* predictions will wipe out my GCSE grades (A*A*A*AAAAABBB) for the history admissions tutors will they? :biggrin: NO? Damn :frown:
Original post by Noodlzzz
AES isn't reliable 'Please note that occasionally some applications are unsuccessful despite being sent to a college as the University is restricted in the number of home offers it can make and is committed to ensuring that departments and colleges do not make too many offers. Occasionally, a department may inadvertently make a few too many offers, as our monitoring systems are updated on a daily basis rather than in real-time. These applications are recalled within the University and, even though the AES may have shown that an application has been passed to a college for consideration, the University will not be in a position to make an offer and an unsuccessful decision will be recorded at UCAS'

I recognize this and its been discussed in earlier threads/postings, but do you really think colleges are going to be full by now? It seems as if everyone who went to the college level this year has been made an offer. Of course there is a chance that I don't get an offer, but I'd like to be optimistic :colondollar:
Original post by adam0311
I recognize this and its been discussed in earlier threads/postings, but do you really think colleges are going to be full by now? It seems as if everyone who went to the college level this year has been made an offer. Of course there is a chance that I don't get an offer, but I'd like to be optimistic :colondollar:

No, what I'm saying is it might not have been passed on to a college at all, it just says it has. Just don't get your hopes up.
Original post by Noodlzzz
No, what I'm saying is it might not have been passed on to a college at all, it just says it has. Just don't get your hopes up.

Oh makes sense.
Received an AAB offer for Compsci. Application sent on thr 15th Oct. Delighted - at least my Track doesn't look blank anymore :h:
Reply 629
Original post by Goldfishy
Received an AAB offer for Compsci. Application sent on thr 15th Oct. Delighted - at least my Track doesn't look blank anymore :h:

I'm applying for CS as well. What college did you apply for? When was your app sent to college?
Reply 630
durham is good.
Original post by mansonJP
I'm applying for CS as well. What college did you apply for? When was your app sent to college?

St Aidan's, and the 15th October.
any natural sciences appos went to the college yet?
Reply 633
Applied for English at Collingwood :smile:
Original post by BlueAlert
Applied for English at Collingwood :smile:

Awesome more English people
Got an offer from Durham! I'm applying for Classics in Hatfield, but am changing to Castle.
Reply 636
Original post by Goldfishy
St Aidan's, and the 15th October.

Sorry, I meant when did your AES indicate your application had been received by a college.
Also what are your As and predicted grades?
Reply 637
Original post by LukethePianoMan
any natural sciences appos went to the college yet?

Well mine hasn't.
Original post by Sempiternitas
Got an offer from Durham! I'm applying for Classics in Hatfield, but am changing to Castle.

Ewww Merton
Reply 639
Original post by elkestocks
Well done! When did your application get received by a college? and was it 3rd November when you got your actual offer?
Thanks!

Thanks! My application was given to college about 3 days before (or at least that's when I first noticed it) and I received my offer on the Wednesday, yeah. Best of luck. :smile:

Latest