The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2420
Original post by G8D
I got mine last September. It was like 2 months after it was released or something.

Ah right fair enough, and you've got 2.2 on it now?
Original post by ~style
This could become a society at this rate :p:

So HTC has 3 phones so far - Magic, Dream and Hero. Anything else?

Sony Ericsson also seem to be releasing an Xperia 3 operating the android OS.

Samsung have the Galaxy.

I heard Motorola have one in the making also.

Also the Hawaii.

Then there are the rumoured Dell and Archos devices/phones.

Add to that Asus and Lenovo, whatever they are planning to make with android.

Ok that's off the top of my head, anything else?

dont forget the Nexus One. The party started and im a proud owner :biggrin: worked for google and gave 2000 of them away for free at the global mobile event in Barcelona last february and they gave me one for free .oh yeah. google all the way
Reply 2422
Original post by G8D
Not officially :proud:
It's good, it added to my phones longevity to some extent.

Was there any planned update for the Hero for 2.2?

It's good that I updated to 2.2 cos the GPS lock was a bit poor on 2.1...seems like a common problem with the SGS too.
Reply 2423
Original post by G8D
There was a struggle for HTC to push the 2.1 update for the Hero, 2.2 will never happen officially :p:

GPS issue was a SGS thing I think, not 2.1..

But people are reporting that it is better on 2.2, I bought the phone to use as a SatNav and I've used it a couple of times now and it doesn't have a problem locking onto satellites. I didn't use it on 2.1 though so I can't say if there has been any improvements.

Are you hoping that someone brings out a Gingerbread FW for your phone then when it comes out cos it's rumoured to be in the very near future...
Reply 2424
Original post by G8D
Sorry I meant 2.1 SGS, not just SGS generally.

If the devs can work around the kernal issues that will no doubt occur between the Hero's 2.1 kernal and 2.3 ROMs then it will most likely happen :biggrin:, it doesn't seem to be a huge update anyway from what has been leaked.

Yeah in general it did seem like a problem on 2.1, it's weird to think software can affect hardware so much though.

2.3 doesn't seem to have that much in like you say, I can't really think of any other features I want tbh....
Original post by G8D
Nexus Live Wallpaper :sogood:

Have you got a link for that? I would like to try it on my lowly hero.

Original post by G8D
Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja aaaaaaaaaaaand idk tbh.
Whatever Android is capable of.. my Hero isn't.

Original post by bigmo7
That's the problem, I've got so many games on my iPod touch that it seems kinda pointless getting them on the Android market.
When did you get the Hero? It seems a bit on the weak side in terms of it's processor :redface:

Yeah its a shame. I told my parents today that I was thinking of getting a Desire HD and they seem quite surprised that I need a new phone so quickly as I got mine september last year
aw :emo:

my Email reply isn't working atm

and the Cronos forums seem to require you to register now? :erm:
Has anyone updated their Samsung Galaxy S to Android 2.2 yet? Apparently its now available in the UK through Samsungs Kies software, but it still says the firmware on my phone is up to date?
My friend recently brought the new htc hd and I had a look at it today; it's so nice! :daydreaming:
(edited 13 years ago)
I have purchased a htc wildfire, and after 2 weeks delay, it was delivered today, but missed, so i will be picking it up tonight from the mail place.
Could someone tell me if the htc wildfire can run android 2.2, or whether it is planned to come to the wildfire in the future?
Original post by G8D
HD7 or Desire HD?

You'd assume latter, considering thread title.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll bother upgrading my Hero. It does everything I need.
Original post by G8D
Well it is samammmaaaannthhaaaa so you never know :wink:

My Hero runs aight, Now that I've got it auto deleting at 300 texts in a thread it's only failing it games :dontknow:

I will upgrade it and move into a SIM only deal, but when I upgrade? WHO KNOWS?!!?!???!?!?

Haha, true.

Yeah, it is just games that I can't do and tbh, even stuff like Angry Birds doesn't keep me entertained for long. Do I need to spend more $$$ just to do the same thing again? Not really.
I'm getting a HTC HD2 with an Android opperating system. Hopefully it'll be good as any other android enabled phone then.
ok questions about the email widget - on my desktop it always displays the most recent message, rather than just the inbox. Is there a way to change this?
Also, how do you mark all mail as read? I have it set up as POP so everything in the inbox has come though as unread, can you mass mark as read?
Original post by mikeyd85

Original post by mikeyd85
Haha, true.

Yeah, it is just games that I can't do and tbh, even stuff like Angry Birds doesn't keep me entertained for long. Do I need to spend more $$$ just to do the same thing again? Not really.

I suppose if you don't play lots of games then fair enough I need something to keep me entertained during dull lectures
Original post by wizard710
I suppose if you don't play lots of games then fair enough I need something to keep me entertained during dull lectures

Ah, you have life easy! :p:

Saying that, I've got TSR when I'm at work and can't be arsed... :hmm:

But yeah, I don't really game on my phone. A PSP phone running Android might interest me, but that'd depend on many critera - namely compatibility with other non PSP games and access to the android market.
Opera 10.1 beta has landed guys ( or shall i say landed yesterday/)
If you want touchscreen games, get an iPod Touch. I don't think that's something that Android will be able to compete with for a while; it just doesn't have the same pool of developers that iOS has.
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
Opera 10.1 beta has landed guys ( or shall i say landed yesterday/)

I tried it out briefly; looks good! Sadly it's 20-odd MB so I had to delete it for stability reasons (don't have 2.1 yet).
Original post by RightSaidJames
I tried it out briefly; looks good! Sadly it's 20-odd MB so I had to delete it for stability reasons (don't have 2.1 yet).

My desire is off for repair/replacement by my insurance company, so i can't try it out yet :no:

Latest

Trending

Trending