The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6600
how do you get coupons from the tills, i never get any. do i need a nectar card to get vouchers?
Original post by mug51
how do you get coupons from the tills, i never get any. do i need a nectar card to get vouchers?

AFAIK most of them you do need a nectar card, unless they're running things like the petrol vouchers when you spend a certain amount.
jw can you use your discount card on a self service till? and if so how?
Reply 6603
Original post by cherrycola32

Yep. Swipe it as you would a Nectar card when it asks you to as you select your payment option.
Reply 6604
Original post by kirsty142
AFAIK most of them you do need a nectar card, unless they're running things like the petrol vouchers when you spend a certain amount.

ahhh thanks kirsty, think i better get a nectar card i feel left out, i want some vouchers even if i aint gonna use them

Original post by cherrycola32

when it asks you to select payment type, swipe you discount card
Reply 6605
do they send you any induction details other than what they told you on the phone, like an email/letter
Reply 6606
Original post by mug51
ahhh thanks kirsty, think i better get a nectar card i feel left out, i want some vouchers even if i aint gonna use them

when it asks you to select payment type, swipe you discount card

They always give you stuff you never use anyway...

And the double points ones are ALWAYS something like £5 over what you would normally spend.
I got paid for only 6 hours of the induction, such an odd amount. I simply don't understand how that happened. Also getting taxed too much.

Do I see someone in HR regarding both of these points? Since I do nights would it be alright to leave a letter explaining on the desk?

Lastly, with overtime, in case they don't pay me that next month, what do I do about that? Notify them and then they check the clocking in/ out thingy?
(edited 13 years ago)
Want to know what really annoys me? When people put their cash/Nectar down on the bagging area instead of actually handing me them. So ignorant.
Reply 6609
i put my nectar card and my discount card on the conveyor belt after my shopping.

only kidding i dont have a nectar card

anyone working for the cod launch tonight?
loads of people are staying after work tomorrow so they can get a copy :rofl:
Original post by LordOfTheIsles
4.76 phr. After 6 months service, it will go up to the adult 'competent' rate at 6.37 i think. They're scrapping the junior competent rate from March.

Thank You :smile:
Reply 6612
Original post by lewis321
Okay guys of Sainsbury's. Today I visited NOON's main production site, Windmill Lane. in Southhall. NOON produce our idian ready meals range for all tiers i.e BGTY TTD basics ect. and then their own line; Mumbai Spice. I followed the production line and learn't plentiful. Did you guys know that the red rice in the 3 coloured pillau rice is rice thats stained by beetroot juice? or that the TTD range requires individual workers to place the peppers, broccoli, chicken, onion on the dish in a specific way? We also got to see some of the new curries in development for TTD range! There was so much that went into the entire day, like for every 1500 core based curry 100 TTD curries are made to meet demands. They also stuffed us with curries!

... did you just copy that out of the Journal?
Original post by FXX
... did you just copy that out of the Journal?

out of what journal?
Original post by mug51
i put my nectar card and my discount card on the conveyor belt after my shopping.

only kidding i dont have a nectar card

anyone working for the cod launch tonight?

Hell no!! Couldn't get there anyway, seeing as public transport doesn't run that way after 11pm:redface:
Reply 6615
Original post by tosh999
do they send you any induction details other than what they told you on the phone, like an email/letter

anyone?
Original post by tosh999
anyone?

They may send you an email, but it will only be the same as you were told on the phone.
haha we were down there at 7 for COD, lots of people in sburys uniform but only one person was actually working!! lol.
Reply 6618
Original post by lewis321
out of what journal?

oooh yet more mysterious company readingment.. :colone:
Did anyone had an interview for HR Administrator in Sainsburys????? What do they ask in the interview? I applied for a job in Basingstoke and they asked me to attend the interview and they said it will be competency based interview. Any inof would be much appreciated. Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending