The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lemonade789
Yeah i had to send off two pieces of written work, which I've done this term and I have no idea what to send off, because the only essay related subject I do is econ :s-smilie: on the site it only said i had to interview not send in essays but i dont mind :biggrin:
what did you have to do the essay on?

Lol - admirable attitude there bub. I never really got that school essay thing - couldn't you just write essay after essay for your teacher (if they're willing to mark it, of course..) until you've written two masterpieces?

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Evaluate this statement. Can this perspective be used to explain inflationary episodes since c. 1900?

Not nice - it was quite clever of Cambridge actually to ask on something that was taken off of the syllabus a decade ago - probably learnt more economics in the last week through my research than I have all term in my econ classes!
Original post by greebo-man
for the AS levels i am carrying on to A2 i just put pending, and i put down my english AS at grade A.

nobody at my school put down AS grades on ucas, even those with AAAA. thought you couldn't.

Yes, you write down your AS grades and then put the full A levels separately as pending.
Original post by Badrkahandaman
Lol - admirable attitude there bub. I never really got that school essay thing - couldn't you just write essay after essay for your teacher (if they're willing to mark it, of course..) until you've written two masterpieces?

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Evaluate this statement. Can this perspective be used to explain inflationary episodes since c. 1900?

Not nice - it was quite clever of Cambridge actually to ask on something that was taken off of the syllabus a decade ago - probably learnt more economics in the last week through my research than I have all term in my econ classes!

thats basically what im going to do i think :P

jesus thats almost as mental as kanye west :wink: (but seriously kanye is mental) did you get much help from your teachers or did you just go for it?
thats basically what im going to do i think :P

jesus thats almost as mental as kanye west :wink: (but seriously kanye is mental) did you get much help from your teachers or did you just go for it?

Lol now now. It is reasonably mental, but let's not exaggerate :P

My teachers gave some useful references, though Cambridge also gave their own suggested reading list. That was mainly because I was a little cagey about how much help I was realistically allowed to get, otherwise I would've pretty much asked them to write the thing for me!
Sent it out a couple of hours ago, god I hope it was alright.

What school do you go to? Do you get lots of Oxbridge applicants there?
Reply 84
I just got sent an email with request for further information related to your application to LSE.

Anyone have any idea about this?
Original post by alex0909
I just got sent an email with request for further information related to your application to LSE.

Anyone have any idea about this?

I've just received mine from LSE as well, I think it's something similar to the Cambridge SAQ because of the large amount of applicants.
Reply 86
Original post by LethalResistant
I've just received mine from LSE as well, I think it's something similar to the Cambridge SAQ because of the large amount of applicants.

Did everyone who applied receive them? Or is it only for certain applicants?
Did everyone who applied receive them? Or is it only for certain applicants?

I think over at the LSE board, someone said they received a rejection for L101 already. And one of my friend who is applying for Government & Economics got a rejection 2 days ago. So, I think the questionnaire is only sent to certain applicants.
hey people with the lse forms, did the ucas personal ID they gave you differ from your actual ucas ID? just checking :P
Reply 89
Course: Economics and Econometrics
University: Bristol
Offer: Conditional offer of AAA including mathematics to include BB in C3 and C4
Reply 90
Original post by dreamingstar
hey people with the lse forms, did the ucas personal ID they gave you differ from your actual ucas ID? just checking :P

Yeah mine are different as well. In the form we have to fill out they ask for the 'Ucas Personal ID' so I'm not sure which one to use :confused:
Original post by udaya
Yeah mine are different as well. In the form we have to fill out they ask for the 'Ucas Personal ID' so I'm not sure which one to use :confused:

Same, i found it weird, but in the email they told us to quote the one they gave us, so i used theirs
Original post by udaya

oh yeah, i actually didn't think about it that way! now that i know everyone has different codes i also suspect it is the one they give out
Reply 93
Economics with Study in Continental Europe (Italy)
Bristol
Unconditional (already got AAA)

geeet in!
Original post by dreamingstar

Yeah I emailed them about it and they said its their own form of ID, not actually the UCAS ID :smile:
Original post by Badrkahandaman
Lol now now. It is reasonably mental, but let's not exaggerate :P

My teachers gave some useful references, though Cambridge also gave their own suggested reading list. That was mainly because I was a little cagey about how much help I was realistically allowed to get, otherwise I would've pretty much asked them to write the thing for me!
Sent it out a couple of hours ago, god I hope it was alright.

What school do you go to? Do you get lots of Oxbridge applicants there?

King's School Canterbury, yeah we have quite a lot of Oxbridge applicants (about 20-30 this year), but many of them are disillusioned , they don't even have As at AS.
What about you?
King's School Canterbury, yeah we have quite a lot of Oxbridge applicants (about 20-30 this year), but many of them are disillusioned , they don't even have As at AS.
What about you?

Hmm, 20-30 is a fair amount. Any applying for Cambridge Econ? (apologies for scouting the competition :P)

I go to St Pauls in London - Im pretty sure we have 100 or so applying. I know of a couple going for land economy actually - not too shabby, but not the sort I could see dazzling at an interview.

On a positive note, just got my macroeconomics remark back - went up by 5! Up to 182/200:woo: GOD I needed that..
Reply 97
A few weeks ago I was sent a Fee's assessment questionnaire by Cambridge ( I already have my grades)

Anyone knows what this means in general terms? Are they considering me more seriously or do they send it out to everyone who has their grades?
A few weeks ago I was sent a Fee's assessment questionnaire by Cambridge ( I already have my grades)

Anyone knows what this means in general terms? Are they considering me more seriously or do they send it out to everyone who has their grades?

All the people applying with international fees have to sign that form for my college. If you are applying with home fees, I don't think you need to sign the form, atleast it says so for the college I've chosen
Reply 99
Hey guys, for you who got the LSE form, I was just wondering whether you need to split mathematics into single and further, or whether you just group it as one :smile: Also, do we need to disclose any retakes we have done ? Thanks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending