The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amelia13
I've applied to Durham to read Philosophy & Theology.
Has anyone heard back for this course yet?
:smile:

I have - I've got an offer! But please don't start panicking.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Anyone have any idea when we'll start hearing about Modern Languages? Not sure I'd be able to cope with waiting until March, or even January :puppyeyes:
Reply 662
Original post by Sempiternitas

Ahh I have started to panic now! Why, oh why, did I ask?! When did your offer come through?
Ahh I have started to panic now! Why, oh why, did I ask?! When did your offer come through?

I think it was about this time last week...

But seriously, don't worry yourself. I know many people whom I'm sure would get an offer but haven't heard from Durham yet.
Reply 664
I think it was about this time last week...

But seriously, don't worry yourself. I know many people whom I'm sure would get an offer but haven't heard from Durham yet.

Yeah I guess. I have an offer from Warwick and Nottingham, and my boyfriend has not heard back from either of those yet...but I am sure he's more than capable.
It does make you wonder why they send out some applications so much sooner than others, doesn't it? I would understand if they had given unconditional to the 'early reply' people.
But hey ho, that's the dealio! Goodluck with your Oxford application...maybe see you at interview on the 6th december lol *fingers crossed*
Yeah I guess. I have an offer from Warwick and Nottingham, and my boyfriend has not heard back from either of those yet...but I am sure he's more than capable.
It does make you wonder why they send out some applications so much sooner than others, doesn't it? I would understand if they had given unconditional to the 'early reply' people.
But hey ho, that's the dealio! Goodluck with your Oxford application...maybe see you at interview on the 6th december lol *fingers crossed*

Good luck to you too! Which subject and college are you applying for?

How come you applied for philosophy and theology and not classics? :confused:

STILL haven't got access to AES and I emailed Durham over a week ago. I'm actually starting to sort of hate them now.
Original post by riotgrrl
How come you applied for philosophy and theology and not classics? :confused:

STILL haven't got access to AES and I emailed Durham over a week ago. I'm actually starting to sort of hate them now.

Aw, sorry. I read "Has anyone heard back from this course yet" as "Has anyone heard back from this university yet". :P

I'm still applying for Classics, of course.
Reply 668
Any anthropology offers?::smile:
Has anyone heard anything/applied for joint honours english lit and philosophy? I need to find other deep-thinking literary people :smile:
sooooo want to go to Durham, I heard they don't give out offers until January but it seems there are a lot of offers floating about on this thread... well done everyone whos got an offer. The waiting is killing me
Application is being processed by UCAS

UCAS:
Durham (Josephine Butler College) - Economics
Exeter - Economics
Leeds - Economics
Birmingham - Economics
Loughborough - Economics

How long does it take to be processed?
Original post by joebarron

How long does it take to be processed?

I assume it varies but it shouldn't be that long, it only took a day for me.
Reply 672
I've applied to Durham to read Philosophy & Theology.
Has anyone heard back for this course yet?
:smile:

I've applied for Philosophy and Theology too! I haven't heard anything yet - my application is still with the department. Have you? Which college have you applied to and what are your GCSE, AS level grades and A2 predictions? :biggrin: x x
Applying for Ancient History and Archaeology at St.Chads-- anyone else? Havn't sent of my apllication yet getting stressed as everyone is getting offers!
Should we get an email from our prospective college soon? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 675
Original post by Autopilot
Any anthropology offers?::smile:

I applied for Arch and Anth and still no word... ugh I hate this waiting
The Geography Department had my application about 2 weeks ago. It has not been sent to a college (yet).

Does that mean that i have been rejected? Or do they just take a long time?

Thanks
Reply 677
Original post by xxcloseyoureyesxx
Applying for Ancient History and Archaeology at St.Chads-- anyone else? Havn't sent of my apllication yet getting stressed as everyone is getting offers!

I'm applying to the same course! I was going to apply to Chads but in the end decided to make an open application :smile:
Original post by kebabmonk
The Geography Department had my application about 2 weeks ago. It has not been sent to a college (yet).

Does that mean that i have been rejected? Or do they just take a long time?

Thanks

I hope not
mines been with them for four weeks :P
Still in the department eeeeeeeeeeeeek hurry up
Castle- Politics and Sociology

Latest