The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by SmellyLemon
History at St. Chads, sent my application of the other day, really, really, really, really hope i get an offer, i absolutly loved durham when i visited:smile:

St Chads brap :five:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 701
Original post by DaisyEllis
Has anyone heard anything from Politics and Sociology . My apps still at the department , quite sick of stalking aes :frown:

I'm politics and sociology as well- heard nothing from them yet! I have no idea when they give out offers :s-smilie: Aes is the most annoying thing ever! I was doing badly enough when I just had track to check!
Original post by adam0311
Yes. Awesome! What state? What college did you apply for?

Washington DC through and through =]

How about yourself?

I applied to university, but honestly I could not complain wherever I wind up haha. How about you? (Sorry if it's already on here somewhere haha...)

How'd you decide to study in the UK?
way hey my application finally made it to the department. Its a start I guess...
Original post by playxsailxliv
Washington DC through and through =]

How about yourself?

I applied to university, but honestly I could not complain wherever I wind up haha. How about you? (Sorry if it's already on here somewhere haha...)

How'd you decide to study in the UK?

Nice! I love DC, especially georgetown/foggy bottom area.

Also applied to university college, but still waiting to find out where they allot me. I think Collingwood would be my second pick if I had a choice.

I chose the UK because law school is an undergrad degree as opposed to a grad degree. Plus I thought it would be an awesome experience. How about you?
Reply 705
Offer for Geography BSc!!! woo!
Nice! I love DC, especially georgetown/foggy bottom area.

Also applied to university college, but still waiting to find out where they allot me. I think Collingwood would be my second pick if I had a choice.

I chose the UK because law school is an undergrad degree as opposed to a grad degree. Plus I thought it would be an awesome experience. How about you?

Yeah me too actually haha. I spend most of my time there anyhow. What state are you from?

I hope we hear from colleges soon...the suspense is killing me.

That's definitely a good reason =] Well I'm a dual citizen, so that's something. My father is english and moved over here a few years after he graduated from university and he's always been a big proponent of the idea. Also I've done my GCSEs and am now doing my IB so having gone through the British education system (bar A-levels) I think its just something I'd really like to continue with. Also because as opposed to a lot of American universities, you get to delve into what you want to study right away which I really like.
Reply 707
politics at hatfield :smile:
Original post by playxsailxliv
Yeah me too actually haha. I spend most of my time there anyhow. What state are you from?

I hope we hear from colleges soon...the suspense is killing me.

That's definitely a good reason =] Well I'm a dual citizen, so that's something. My father is english and moved over here a few years after he graduated from university and he's always been a big proponent of the idea. Also I've done my GCSEs and am now doing my IB so having gone through the British education system (bar A-levels) I think its just something I'd really like to continue with. Also because as opposed to a lot of American universities, you get to delve into what you want to study right away which I really like.

Oh nice. I'm from Georgia. I'm thinking that we'll hear within a week and a half at the latest.
Original post by Hnk2401
Offer for Geography BSc!!! woo!

When did you sned your application off and wa college u applying too (im a Bsc applicant too)
Reply 710
Original post by potatonater
When did you sned your application off and wa college u applying too (im a Bsc applicant too)

I think my application was received on 12th October...not 100% sure though...

I applied to St Aiden's :smile: To be honest, i had no idea where to apply so I don't mind where I am.

Which college did you apply to?
Original post by Mfreeman.
Have put in an open application for History.
Has anyone received a history offer as of yet ?

I haven't heard anything, and applied on the 8th October - and I don't think anyone else has for History, on this thread, unless I'm very much mistaken!
Reply 712
Original post by Amelia13
I don't know where my application is, I lost track of my emails because they get so clogged up with silly facebook ones...I really should get round to changing my fb email settings! Anyway, back to ucas talk...I have applied to:
Durham (university college) - philosophy and theology
warwick - philosophy - conditional
nottingham - philosophy and theology - conditional
york - philosophy and sociology
oxford (jesus college) - philosophy and theology
Oh crap, I just realised that you only askes what college I applied to .. woops!
Erm, my GCSE's are 7A* 6A
AS - four A's (they didn't do A*)
A2 precictions - A* A* A*

Oh my word, you're way better than me...I got AABB at AS and I'm predicted AAA. (And GCSE's are 4 A*, 4 A and a B). If you get in I'll have to live vicariously through you! :biggrin: I applied to St. Johns as apparently they're really good for Theology, though I would love to live in a castle. I have an offer from Nottingham too - we may end up going to Uni together! lol, I applied to Oxford as well - though it is extremely ulikely I'll even get an interview with my grades, but if I do we may end up seeing each other on 6th December! (though I've applied to Keble). You're the only other PhilThe person I've met on TSR. What essays did you send off for Oxford? And what reading have you done for an interview? :smile:
Original post by GTWorm
Oh my word, you're way better than me...I got AABB at AS and I'm predicted AAA. (And GCSE's are 4 A*, 4 A and a B). If you get in I'll have to live vicariously through you! :biggrin: I applied to St. Johns as apparently they're really good for Theology, though I would love to live in a castle. I have an offer from Nottingham too - we may end up going to Uni together! lol, I applied to Oxford as well - though it is extremely ulikely I'll even get an interview with my grades, but if I do we may end up seeing each other on 6th December! (though I've applied to Keble). You're the only other PhilThe person I've met on TSR. What essays did you send off for Oxford? And what reading have you done for an interview? :smile:

yey St Johns!!
For those of you who have offers w/ a college. How did you find out which college? Did it specifically state it on track?
Original post by alfiearmstrong
anyone got an offer for Economics/Business Economics?

A/S Level: A*AAB

weird that you got an A* at A.S... considering they dont exist o.O
(edited 13 years ago)
this whole a* malarchy didnt exist when i did mine....how does it work? do you do an extention paper?
Original post by moomin-matt
this whole a* malarchy didnt exist when i did mine....how does it work? do you do an extention paper?

No, you just have to get an A overall and above 90% in your A2 modules
Oh nice. I'm from Georgia. I'm thinking that we'll hear within a week and a half at the latest.

Nice =] I love the south, I've never been to Georgia though. Yeah I really hope they hurry up and let us know!
Reply 719
Original post by moomin-matt
yey St Johns!!

St Johns is obviously the best! :smile:

Latest