The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tillytots
Thought I'd give a head up and say I know someone who got rejected for english today with A*AA :/ Makes me feel ****

Scary stuff... very scary...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by comrade_jon
Scary stuff... very scary...

I'm hoping this means they're giving the half-wits a chance, maybe I ill get in with my ABB after all!

Seriously, don't know what UCL are thinking, they've got to be rejecting some of the very best.
what happens if you are an international student? do they invite you to an interview anyways? :\
Reply 803
Hi,
I .ve applied for Architecture at UCL, got my interview inviation and a request for an additional ps. Should this be handwritten ? I remember reading that they judge your handwriting, but i guess u can still write it on the computer ,right? Also, i.ve got a decent portfolio, is it damaging if i don.t have any 3D models? don.t really do that at school
Reply 804
Original post by tillytots
Thought I'd give a head up and say I know someone who got rejected for english today with A*AA :/ Makes me feel ****

Are those grades achieved or predicted?/
Original post by ButterflyOfFreedom
Just seen this under "When can I expect to receive a decision on my application?" on the page Interpretation linked:

"Once we receive your application from UCAS we aim to make an initial decision as to whether to invite you to complete a questionnaire or to attend an interview within four weeks. If a decision is delayed beyond four weeks it is usually because your UCAS form did not contain sufficient information (e.g., incomplete information about predicted grades or missing reference). Please note that all applications must include predicted grades for any exams which have not yet been taken. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that this information is provided on the UCAS form.

Once you have returned your questionnaire to us and have (where appropriate) been to one of our UCAS BSc Psychology Open Day, you can expect to receive a decision through UCAS within four weeks.

If you are concerned that you have not heard from us after this four week timeframe then you are welcome to email the Admissions Officer."

My got sent off on October 20th so not too long left :s-smilie:. Not to be downbeat but has anyone been/heard of someone being rejected for Psychology yet?

I applied Oct 4th and haven't heard anything... Only an acknowledgement. But two other people at my school have applied for courses at UCL with Languages and haven't heard anything either...
Original post by thecodman
yh i no, loads of people w/ insane grades got rejected. i am a bit worried but guess jus have to wait patiently :s-smilie:

Really!? You mean people who applied for Econ? :eek:
Well I hope I hear soon! :smile:
Reply 807
Original post by Starlight-x
Really!? You mean people who applied for Econ? :eek:
Well I hope I hear soon! :smile:

Yh if you look at the previous pages, but dont worry if ur grades are of an appropriate standards :smile:
Yh if you look at the previous pages, but dont worry if ur grades are of an appropriate standards :smile:

yeah I did - must have overlooked those posts somehow! :s-smilie:
Lol can't really judge myself - lets hope UCL considers them to be of an appropriate standard :tongue:
Oh god that 4 weeks thing is scaring me, it'll be 4 weeks this Friday and I've had no questionnaire / call for interview :frown:
hello everyone
I'm applying for Psychology for next year's entry
I'm really stressed out coz I received my acknowledgement 4 weeks ago and now should be the last a few days to hear back from them. I havent got anything yet...... wht about you guys?? =D
I'm wondering if they are going to send questionaires to all competive applicants or they just choose certain people on their whim??
It said on the admissions procedure thing that people were welcome to contact the psychology admissions officer via email if they hadn't heard anything in the 4 weeks. I'm starting to think that the information may be out of date though if it's been much longer for some people to hear anything.
Also, this was just on the psychology bit of the website so other departments may have totally different procedures. I don't think that was clear in my original post.
Reply 812
Just got an offer for economics :smile: I have to attend an Open Day, anyone else got this? Offer yet to come through track so don't ask what grade requirements are, I just got a letter XD
Reply 813
Original post by jos10
Just got an offer for economics :smile: I have to attend an Open Day, anyone else got this? Offer yet to come through track so don't ask what grade requirements are, I just got a letter XD

Well done thats amazing! If you don't me asking, what are your grades like?
Reply 814
Original post by jos10

Wow, nice one! You're the first person I know of to get an offer for UCL econ - what're your grades like, and when did you send off your UCAS?
Reply 815
Original post by udaya
Well done thats amazing! If you don't me asking, what are your grades like?

Original post by goldlock
Wow, nice one! You're the first person I know of to get an offer for UCL econ - what're your grades like, and when did you send off your UCAS?

Thank you udaya and goldlock :smile:

Ok, I can answer both of the queries here.
GCSEs: 10 A* and an A in Eng Lang
FSMQ:A
ASs: Maths A ( 284 out of 300; C1:99, C2: 100, D1:85), Further Maths A (278 out of 300; FP1: 99, S1: 93, M1: 86), Chemistry A (278/300), Biology A (277/300) and Economics (192/200)
A2 (Predicted): 5A*s

Sent off UCAS something like 7th or 8th October?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by xbabycakes
Oh my.. this doesn't look good :frown: I haven't got one! when did you send your application off? Maybe they're sending them to international students first? gahhh, this has worried me now!

Original post by Noodlzzz

Does this mean some special cases (international, mature, special considerations etc.) get interviews / questionnaires or does everyone do you reckon? Oh FML, no questionnaire in inbox :frown: When did you send yours off?

I think I sent my application off on Oct 11-ish. I wouldn't be too worried, maybe UCL's system is just being slow, as usual. I was thinking maybe it's because my PS isn't good enough and they want to know more about me? But that's complete speculation...

Original post by blahblah16
What sort of questions are there? Are they subject specific or general "why do you want to go to UCL?" questions?

The questions are specfic to the subject.
Reply 817
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I also have my interview tomorrow haha, i'm not nervous at all though.

I think they will ask a few maths/ physics questions...my guess is it'll probably be stuff based on differential equations (in context) and stuff on DC electricity. (and anything you included in your PS)

I have a UCL EEE interview on 24th and I was just wondering what it was like and what types of questions did they ask?
Reply 818
Hiii, I sent my ucas on the 11th oct and apart from the acknowledgement, have nufffffffin from ucl. what are they doing. anyone else getting restless?
:tongue:
Are those grades achieved or predicted?/

Predicted, but pretty much all her AS Levels were on the 90%+ :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending