The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by channy

Jesus this is much more work than I though. How did you do it Ape...

:wizard:
Original post by Phalanges
Disney held a 20 minute preview at pretty much every IMAX cinema in the world showing some scenes a little while back. Tickets went stupidly fast though, in like 10 minutes or so.

We'll have to manage a very depressed (perhaps suicidal) Phalanges if the film doesn't live up to your expectations. :tongue:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

We'll have to manage a very depressed (perhaps suicidal) Phalanges if the film doesn't live up to your expectations. :tongue:

I watched two new videos of it over the past couple of days. The first is the new Trailer #3, which look amazing - really seems keen on integrating with the old story (and the little nods are so cool) and the effects just seem mindblowing. The second was this crappy quickfire questions thing with Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund which was just so inane and childish and the very worst of what Disney can be. So very mixed feelings now.

Please, please, please don't screw this up Disney... Or I shall be mad. Very mad. Irate, in fact.
Reply 3563
Just watched The Cake Eaters. Bad BAD film, embarrassingly bad.
Harrison Ford is the pinnacle of humanity.
Reply 3565
Phalanges
:king2:

Bow down to your Anchovy Assault superior, ffs. :fuhrer:
I know far too much of the dialogue in LotR films. :colondollar: They are my most watched films ever, I think.
Original post by JessicaW
I know far too much of the dialogue in LotR films. :colondollar: They are my most watched films ever, I think.

What say you? What say you?
Reply 3568
Planning on watching The Yellow Handkerchief tonight, anyone seen it?
Original post by aja89
Planning on watching The Yellow Handkerchief tonight, anyone seen it?

:nah: Having searched for it on imdb, I don't think I ever want to watch it. :nah:
Original post by Seanisonfire
Harrison Ford is the pinnacle of humanity.

Bruce Dickinson is another example.
Reply 3571
Original post by unknownking321
:nah: Having searched for it on imdb, I don't think I ever want to watch it. :nah:

:tongue:
Finished watching Blade Runner. Awesome film. I miss the days of Indiana Jones. :moon:

The 4th movie is exempt from this treasured memory. :colonhash:
What's that science fiction film with a boy robot and how he wants to be loved by his human mother? It's a really, really good film.

What's that science fiction film with a boy robot and how he wants to be loved by his human mother? It's a really, really good film.

AI?
Original post by Phalanges
I watched two new videos of it over the past couple of days. The first is the new Trailer #3, which look amazing - really seems keen on integrating with the old story (and the little nods are so cool) and the effects just seem mindblowing. The second was this crappy quickfire questions thing with Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund which was just so inane and childish and the very worst of what Disney can be. So very mixed feelings now.

Please, please, please don't screw this up Disney... Or I shall be mad. Very mad. Irate, in fact.

This quote seems to have missed me. Yeah, just seen trailer #3 yesterday, it does look very :teeth:. Going to look for this second video now.
Original post by Seanisonfire
AI?

Ah, that's it. Good movie.
Finished watching Blade Runner. Awesome film. I miss the days of Indiana Jones. :moon:

The 4th movie is exempt from this treasured memory. :colonhash:

What 4th movie?

This quote seems to have missed me. Yeah, just seen trailer #3 yesterday, it does look very :teeth:. Going to look for this second video now.

Ugh.

Something just hit me about Tron. In the gridworld, Flynn is effectively going to have lived there forever, and ascended pretty much to the ranks of a god. From looking at the trailers it seems pretty evident the film isn't going to shy away from this. Does that mean that a Disney Christmas release is really going to have a form of religious commentary in there? Oh god, that would be awesome. America would explode with rage.

Major, major props to Disney if they have.
Original post by Jace Falco

Original post by Jace Falco
What 4th movie?

What proposed 5th movie? :frown:

But when I saw the 4th in the cinema I was so blinded by fandom I thought it was brilliant :colondollar: I distinctly remember squealing and clapping my hands as soon as the music came on :colondollar: