The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by goldlock
WHAT?! Track's down for maintenance!

Oh god how awful, how can you stand the wait?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 841
Tracks fine for me :smile:
I was exactly like you goldock this morning, i didnt look at track for 5 hours cause i was scared i was going to get a rejection then i decided to get it over and done with :smile:
Reply 842
Right so, I checked at last and - no offer or rejection from UCL! Instead, I got an offer from southampton - I thought it was odd because I'd not heard of anyone being rejected today, but I'd not got an offer letter in the post for an open day either :s-smilie:
got rejected for L101 economics :frown: kinda disappointed but at least i hav an offer from manchester or else i would be ****ting myself atm lol
Original post by Ray_Han
Well I don't know what the odds will be, but I don't think it will necessarily be harder than L100. They have only just put up the universities available, after the Oxbridge deadline, so a lot of top candidates will not have applied. Yeh hopefully we can get on the course and go to our top choice unis :smile:. My grades are in profile, but I think the PS will be very important, as someone with perfect grades on here got rejected for L100. It is scary how little I know about this course though. I have no idea if they interview, for example- it would be such a shock to get an interview invite through the post!

hey i got rejected today :frown: i gues that californian dream is over lol
Reply 845
People who got accepted and rejected today, did you find out through Ucas or through mail? Any internationals got offers? Congrats everyone who got an offer!
Reply 846
Original post by londonchick12321
hey i got rejected today :frown: i gues that californian dream is over lol

Unlucky :frown:, where else have you applied?
Original post by tillytots
I'm hoping this means they're giving the half-wits a chance, maybe I ill get in with my ABB after all!

Seriously, don't know what UCL are thinking, they've got to be rejecting some of the very best.

I know, exactly. I mean the reason why I was shocked is that it's English - I mean I know they're all tough but I expect them to be stupidly harsh to someone who didn't get an A* in *pointless GCSE here* for Economics or Law, but English?!

I say that because English and History competition wise are probably about the same so I sit here worryingly. Kinda banking on UCL and/or LSE giving me an offer because I don't fancy either King's or Warwick...
Reply 848
Username: Faez307
Course: Biochemistry
Planned Entry: 2011

:biggrin:
Reply 849
Original post by gery2010
People who got accepted and rejected today, did you find out through Ucas or through mail? Any internationals got offers? Congrats everyone who got an offer!

I got accepted by post, saying they 'intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future' but I need to go to an open day first. :smile: good luck!
Original post by econdon
Offer from UCL for economics.
Well its not really an offer just an intention "to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future" if I attend an open day

Anyone know what they do on this open day, and if you can do something to make them withdraw the offer?

Original post by thecodman
I got an offer for UCL economics as well !!! so excited have to attend an open day on the first of december though. Anyone holding econ offer get in touch !!!:biggrin:

Congrats to the both of you! (:

Can I ask what grades you got for GCSE and AS-level? and also, what you're predicted for A2?

Are you applying for L100 btw? I might try and go for the international programme, not too sure yet :s-smilie:

Reply 851
For my economics offer they did not update track or give me an actual offer in terms of grades.
Basically they just said we are going to give you an offer, but before we do you have to come to an open day.
I'm just worried that we will be judged at the open day and they might not make us all offers, has anyone heard of this happening last year and what happens at this open day ??
Reply 852
Original post by econdon
I am applying to L100
I got 8A* and 2As at GCSE, 5As at ASlevel and i'm predicted 3A*s

When did you send off your UCAS?
Reply 853
Original post by econdon
For my economics offer they did not update track or give me an actual offer in terms of grades.
Basically they just said we are going to give you an offer, but before we do you have to come to an open day.
I'm just worried that we will be judged at the open day and they might not make us all offers, has anyone heard of this happening last year and what happens at this open day ??

They just want to check that you're sane. If you don't have a clue what you're on about re: economics, they won't give you an offer. Just act sensibly and don't freeze up and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 854
Original post by gery2010

International here! Got mine through UCAS, email about track update, checked and wheeyyyy!
Reply 855
Original post by Unknown-User
Congrats to the both of you! (:

Can I ask what grades you got for GCSE and AS-level? and also, what you're predicted for A2?

Are you applying for L100 btw? I might try and go for the international programme, not too sure yet :s-smilie:

Yes L100, post alevel applicant, A*A*A* in math f math and economics :biggrin: Thank you:smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz
'Candidates resident outside the UK are not expected to attend the UCAS Open Days but will be asked to complete a questionnaire prior to a final decision being made.'

This is what I originally remember, seems conflicting info whether questionnaires are for just international or for every competitive applicant :/

I know, right? I wish that they could be more clear and transparent when it comes to the selection/application process. I am starting to wonder if there are two different types of questionnaire that they're referring to on the website.
Original post by BeritV

Original post by BeritV
Username: BeritV
Course: European Social and Political Studies
Planned Entry: 2011

----- This is so gonna kill me!!!! anyone else going for the same course? :smile:

Yea! I´m applying for it as well. Applied deferred last year and got to the interview, then got owned.
Reply 858
I've just got an interview for 'Economics and Geography', at the beginning of either January or March.
Does anyone else have an interview at the Geog Department :>?
Reply 859
Ahh no one heard from psychology yet? The wait is driving me crazy!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending