The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jennyrenhaigh
Thanks! St. Hild and St. Bede, and you?? And I knooooow, haha when I say I'm going to be reading Anthropology people look at me like I'm actually insane followed by a "....what is that?" :P

Ahhh well it all depends, I've also applied to Cambridge, LSE, Manchester and Edinburgh. I've had an offer from Man. for AAB but that's kind of obsolete now the Durham one has come through - and yeahhh AAB :smile:
So yeah it all depends really, if I get an offer from Cam and LSE then LSE will be my insurance, but if I don't then Durham will. And if I don't get a Cam offer, and an offer from Durham and not LSE..... yeah, you see where this is going!
And predicted A*A*A*, I already have an A a-level in French though but they don't appear to have included that so I need to question it...
What about you??? :smile: x

Aha! I get what you mean by the strange, confused looks and the questions! I've got a friend who started this year at Hild Bede, doing Law. She loves it! I've applied for Cuths. And I've also applied for a joint honours with Sociology at Collingwood.

Wow at your grades! I'm predicted A*AB/A*AA and if I get an offer Durham will definitely be my firm! Manchester's my insurance (or firm if I don't get into Durham) - I got an offer the other day for ABB. Again, the only thing I'm worrying about with Durham is my GCSE grades! x
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 761
Original post by xxcloseyoureyesxx
Ah another fellow applicant, the first one i have discovered! Where else have you applied?

Kings, York, Exeter and Queens Belfast :smile:

Ahhh

Please Durham and Kings let me innnnnnn :s-smilie:

I still don't really know where my first choice is lmao
Original post by abbi.blythe
LL32 Politics and Sociology
•Your application has been received by the Department
•Your application has not yet been received by a College

BEEN LIKE THAT FOR AGES, WAA :frown:

Me either :frown::frown: hurrrrrrry uuuuuup aes
Reply 763
Has anyone for an offer from Durham for ECONOMICS??

There is nothing on ucas track atm and ive submitted mine alongside cambridge and other unis, I starting to get worried as Durham is not offically my back-up thanks to Baths raising their grade to A*AA :frown:
Original post by abbi.blythe
LL32 Politics and Sociology

BEEN LIKE THAT FOR AGES, WAA :frown:

L250 International Relations

It's been like that for more than three weeks. Nervous, nervous, really nervous! Agh!
Has anyone received an offer for Psychology yet? :smile:
Reply 766
Original post by SergioMZ
L250 International Relations

It's been like that for more than three weeks. Nervous, nervous, really nervous! Agh!

Does that mean a decision has been made on your application?
Because mine says:

Your application has been received by the Department

A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

Reply 767
Original post by pipster93
Aha! I get what you mean by the strange, confused looks and the questions! I've got a friend who started this year at Hild Bede, doing Law. She loves it! I've applied for Cuths. And I've also applied for a joint honours with Sociology at Collingwood.

Wow at your grades! I'm predicted A*AB/A*AA and if I get an offer Durham will definitely be my firm! Manchester's my insurance (or firm if I don't get into Durham) - I got an offer the other day for ABB. Again, the only thing I'm worrying about with Durham is my GCSE grades! x

Can you apply for an AAA uni when predicted A*AB?

Wil the unis still look at the application?
Reply 768
AES
Application Status
Q300 English Literature

* Your application has been received by the Department
* Your application has not yet been received by a College

Yawn. :frown:
Original post by Muffinz
Yawn. :frown:

everytime i see your name pop up on a durham page i get all excited haha. then quickly depressed
Original post by Tracey88
Because mine says:

A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

Mine says this to. Its confused me slightly because of the college bit going.
Original post by Kay :)
Can you apply for an AAA uni when predicted A*AB?

Wil the unis still look at the application?

Anthropology isn't AAA it's AAB. :smile:
Joint honours is ABB.
x
Original post by Tracey88
Because mine says:

I've got no idea, tbh.
Perhaps you made an open application? I don't know. In any case, both our applications are at the department. We'll see what happens.
Reply 773
Original post by pipster93
Anthropology isn't AAA it's AAB. :smile:
Joint honours is ABB.
x

Oh rightt :smile: Sorry :biggrin:

Good luck with the offers and uni!
Reply 774
Original post by SparkleShine
Mine says this to. Its confused me slightly because of the college bit going.

So yours used to be the other one?
I've never had the other one about the not being received by college. What course have you applied for?
Mine says:

* Your application has been received by a College
* A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details.

How long does this stage generally take for the college to accept/reject your application.

I applied to Durham Castle for Economics if that is of any help. I am assuming this also means, the department has already accepted me but the college is yet to send me an offer, am I right?
Reply 776
Original post by rohitronaldo
Mine says:

* Your application has been received by a College
* A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details.

How long does this stage generally take for the college to accept/reject your application.

I applied to Durham Castle for Economics if that is of any help. I am assuming this also means, the department has already accepted me but the college is yet to send me an offer, am I right?

Mine took 1 day. My AES track changed to that(like yours atm) on Nov 4 in the morning(maybe 3 Nov but I checked on Nov4), then I checked my UCAS track(in the morning), nothing had changed.
About 5pm the same day I checked my UCAS track again, it had changed to conditional offer. My AES track changed to ' dicision has been made' the next day.

So congratulations!!
Original post by krugeroj
Mine took 1 day. My AES track changed to that(like yours atm) on Nov 4 in the morning(maybe 3 Nov but I checked on Nov4), then I checked my UCAS track(in the morning), nothing had changed.
About 5pm the same day I checked my UCAS track again, it had changed to conditional offer. My AES track changed to ' dicision has been made' the next day.

So congratulations!!

Ah, that's a relief! I think mine changed yesterday morning from "Department has received it" to "College has received it". I'm an international student though, so I am guessing mine might take a tad longer, Castle may have a few more parameters to go over.

Congratulations on your offer too!
Reply 778
Original post by rohitronaldo
Ah, that's a relief! I think mine changed yesterday morning from "Department has received it" to "College has received it". I'm an international student though, so I am guessing mine might take a tad longer, Castle may have a few more parameters to go over.

Congratulations on your offer too!

I'm international student too. I think they give offers to international students quicker though. I applied to Van Mildert, but don't know yet whether I'm accepted by Mildert.
On the offer letter, it says 'A college will contact you shortly'.
Original post by krugeroj
I'm international student too. I think they give offers to international students quicker though. I applied to Van Mildert, but don't know yet whether I'm accepted by Mildert.
On the offer letter, it says 'A college will contact you shortly'.

what course is this for?

Latest