The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Mechanical Engineering anyone got an offer for the course yet?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Just got a Chemistry offer :smile::smile:
Oooh a bit late, only just found this thread :smile:
I'm applying for Anthropology for 2011 entry...Anyone else? Does anyone know anything about when interviews are held (for any subject)? The website is being belligerently unhelpful...:smile:
Good luck to everyone :biggrin:
Dont understand it ive been given a rejection by UCL!

course: Economics L100 (2011)

Achieved A*A* 5A 2B at GCSE

A*A*A* in Maths Economics and Geography at A level (Physics B at AS)

Anyone else been rejected/ given offer to L100 Economics? Anyone know why i might have been rejected? :frown:
Original post by maverick_123

Anyone else been rejected/ given offer to L100 Economics? Anyone know why i might have been rejected? :frown:

Maybe your GCSE results? They are good but I've seen people on here with 10A*'s at GCSE and predicted 4A*'s at A level and have still got rejected for Economics!
Reply 865
Original post by felixbrand
Yea! I´m applying for it as well. Applied deferred last year and got to the interview, then got owned.

Oh good luck then! so what actually happens there at the interview?
Reply 866
just got accepted for economics at ucl, wow i'm happy. commiserations to those who have been rejected
Reply 867
Has any of the international applicants for Philosophy received the "Questions Papers" yet? =((
Reply 868
Hey, I'm applying for statistical science international programme or whatever it's called. Anyone else applying for any other statistics courses? Any offers/rejections yet?
Also wondering since I live in ireland coul I be asked for an interview. I know for Oxford I'll have to go over, but I thought u saw somewhere for Ucl eu applicants don't have to...
Reply 869
Original post by 6K6
I've just got an interview for 'Economics and Geography', at the beginning of either January or March.
Does anyone else have an interview at the Geog Department :>?

I've applied for this course as well but I've got to attend a selection day in February... Good luck though :smile:
Natural science offer :woo:
Original post by 6K6
I've just got an interview for 'Economics and Geography', at the beginning of either January or March.
Does anyone else have an interview at the Geog Department :>?

i dont have an interview but an open day at the geog department. 19th jan. Hope that means that ive got an offer..
Reply 872
Original post by woods.vanessa
Just got a Chemistry offer :smile::smile:

Wow congratulations!! When did you receive the questionnaire? You must have done very well:smile:
What has everyone got for GCSE? Am worried that my GCSE grades aren't good enough! Have applied to do ESPS at UCL :smile:
Reply 874
Conditional offer for F153 MSci Medicinal Chemistry =D
it's going to be so hard to choose between my options though :/
Original post by Ray_Han
Unlucky :frown:, where else have you applied?

i've applied to warwick bristol and birmingham, and i have an offer from manchester so thats keeping me a bit sane atm lol but yeah, and good luck with your application i hope yours will be successful :smile:
Reply 876
Original post by londonchick12321
i've applied to warwick bristol and birmingham, and i have an offer from manchester so thats keeping me a bit sane atm lol but yeah, and good luck with your application i hope yours will be successful :smile:

Good luck to you too
Reply 877
Original post by econdon
For my economics offer they did not update track or give me an actual offer in terms of grades.
Basically they just said we are going to give you an offer, but before we do you have to come to an open day.
I'm just worried that we will be judged at the open day and they might not make us all offers, has anyone heard of this happening last year and what happens at this open day ??

I am in the same state as you. I got the same letter today. Part of me want to jump up and down shouting yeah yeah yeah, but the other is scared, I just afraid they will observe me on the Open day, judge me, and may withdraw the offer :frown: that's why I can't really tell my friends, just in case anything may change after that Open day :frown:

It is not an interview, it said on the prospectus, listen to a talk by the Admission Tutor, go around UCL, talk to the President of Econ Society, feel if UCL is the right uni for you or not etc :s-smilie:
Iv scanned like the last 5 pages to not see anything about physics applicants. Iv applied and been Acknowledged by UCL but its been 3 weeks since that acknowledgement and nothing else. Are UCL late for physics applicants? Im getting worried so many people have had interviews/open days/offers and all iv had (as a physicist) is an acknowledgement! Pretty much prepared to wish my dreams of UCL away now... >.<
Original post by maverick_123

Don't be too disheartened. I have a friend: predicted 3 A* and also got an A* in Maths a year early, to be rejected on the basis that he wasn't as good as the other candidates? :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending