Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Freerider101
Awesome. See my last post. I obviously got a slightly different letter than yours geared towards international students. If you go on tracker and click on the course code for your conditional offer at Nottingham. Does it take you to a formal page where it states AAB? - because thats the only mention I've seen of grades!

The offer isnt on ucas yet - i think its not going to be on there till february when i go to the applicants open day.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by roblee
Yup, got an offer of BC two or so weeks ago.

Considering the standard offer is AAB I must write a mean personal statement :biggrin:

Bloody hell mate an offer of BC, that’s hell of a difference from the standard offer. Sending my ucas off today then fingers crossed.
Reply 442
Original post by mabdullah8
Any one here got an offer for Computer Science ???

Got offered BBB making it my firm (I have Maths and computing as well so I guess that helps.)
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Very nice grades! :smile:

Very weird subject choices for Econ, being an international student helps, no doubt :smile:

Yeah, except Business Std - Huge slip from expectation :frown:

I though it's alright, as my school doesn't offer Econ ALevel (My tutor refused to mention it in the reference as well, FML) ....regretted about not taking Further Maths and Chem (instead of Business and Music) though.

The last sentence seems a bit sarcastic :redface:
Original post by asabashoyuki
Yeah, except Business Std - Huge slip from expectation :frown:

I though it's alright, as my school doesn't offer Econ ALevel (My tutor refused to mention it in the reference as well, FML) ....regretted about not taking Further Maths and Chem (instead of Business and Music) though.

The last sentence seems a bit sarcastic :redface:

Yeah I have ****ty subject choices too. Business studies and ICT AS levels (dropped ICT). Only found out they were practically worthless until after I started. Fml. Oh and my school does offer Econ A level :frown:

NO SARCASM I SWEAR!

:biggrin:
Reply 445
For economics. Cruel world out there.

That is a bit harsh... I find it hard to believe enough applicants get 8 A* to fill the course

Or maybe my year group were really stoopid at GCSE
Original post by chisletts
Thanks, loughborough is about 10 miles from nottingham and offers are at AAB. its just that i dont want to limit myself by going to a slightly less "prestigious" university. i want to find that balance between the unis reputation and its student life!

I've just started my first year at Nottingham this term, and I can promise you it has the most amazing student life. It's a prestigious university, so obviously you need to do work when you're not partying, but that'll be the same at Loughborough. There's tickets for sale for a clubbing event every night of the week, plus official hall parties every couple of weeks and then socials for every sports club and society pretty much weekly. You work all day and party all night, it's pretty good :smile: I'd recommend the uni to anyone!
Yeah I have ****ty subject choices too. Business studies and ICT AS levels (dropped ICT). Only found out they were practically worthless until after I started. Fml. Oh and my school does offer Econ A level :frown:

NO SARCASM I SWEAR!

:biggrin:

I experienced the same story, the ICT course that my isn't even a proper A Level :frown:

I'm so glad that Manchester accepts the course that I'm doing (they want AA Dist instead of AAB if ICT is counted in though)

Hmm..just wondering, what else (subjects) are you doing?

Glad to hear that :colondollar:
Original post by asabashoyuki
I experienced the same story, the ICT course that my isn't even a proper A Level :frown:

I'm so glad that Manchester accepts the course that I'm doing (they want AA Dist instead of AAB if ICT is counted in though)

Hmm..just wondering, what else (subjects) are you doing?

Glad to hear that :colondollar:

A2s Maths, Physics, Business
AS ICT & doing Further maths this year :biggrin:

ICT was truely awful anyway. Many of the theory lessons just lead to me a mate racing to complete Luigi's big adventure, took around 45 mins a lesson. Sigh.
Original post by pixiebot
That is a bit harsh... I find it hard to believe enough applicants get 8 A* to fill the course

Or maybe my year group were really stoopid at GCSE

Me too, but it's what they say in the Econ forum here
Reply 450
Original post by cpdavis
Got a welcome pack from Nottingham today :biggrin: :woo:

same, what course did you apply to??
Reply 451
Original post by mabdullah8
Bloody hell mate an offer of BC, that’s hell of a difference from the standard offer. Sending my ucas off today then fingers crossed.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 452
Original post by kittyminkyx
Well done!

I'm applying for american studies and history :smile:

How long did it take them to give you an offer?

Only like a week! I was fairly surprised :smile:
Original post by seb12
same, what course did you apply to??

Applied to do maths, you?
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Well, i really want to go to liverpool but if they don't give me an offer then Nottingham will be my first choice! :biggrin: Where else have you applied too? :smile:

ahhh cool :smile: what do liverpool want?
i've also applied to city university london, leeds and brunel.

oh and LSE.. or did I say that before?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ashleighwhitehouse
ahhh cool :smile: what do liverpool want?
i've also applied to city university london, leeds and brunel.

Liverpool only one 3 B's, Ohh i've applied to leeds, i was going to apply to city university london but changed it to Southbank cause i thought it would be a better insurance cause i didnt think that Nottingham would have given me a lower grade!
If i dont get an offer from Liverpool then Nottingham will probably be my first choice :smile:
Reply 456
i got an offer :woo: Hispanic studies ABB :smile:
Original post by danii40
i got an offer :woo: Hispanic studies ABB :smile:

Congrats :smile: When did you apply??
Original post by roblee
Good luck :smile:

Unrelated to your comment but you're applying for Computer Science and but you don't like D1? Or did you just mess up the exam? I'm doing it next term and it looks dreadful!!
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Liverpool only one 3 B's, Ohh i've applied to leeds, i was going to apply to city university london but changed it to Southbank cause i thought it would be a better insurance cause i didnt think that Nottingham would have given me a lower grade!
If i dont get an offer from Liverpool then Nottingham will probably be my first choice :smile:

still can't believe nottingham gave you such a low offer! i'm so jealous haha! maybe see you there then :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending