The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Had an interview for masters in chemistry on Tuesday. Got a letter last night saying I am going to recieve an offer! Yay! Does anyone know how long this will be?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Noodlzzz
You psych lot:

'You will be contacted again regarding the progress of your application. This may take the form of a request for further information, an invitation to an Open and/or Interview Day, or notification of our final decision. In the event that your application should prove to be unsuccessful, this notification will come direct from UCAS.'

That was on my acknowledgment, yet more contradicting info on it all, doesn't even mention a sodding questionnaire.

Anyway, it'll be a month on Saturday since processed, I'm emailing them if I haven't heard.

If you do email them, could you please tell me what they say? I am really confused as well. :\ Thanks.
Reply 902
I read on another thread that UCL doesn't interview all of the candidates that they are planning to give offers to for Law. Does anyone know how true that is? I thought the UCL website stated that Law interviews would be held for with all candidates that they are interested in =/

There seems to be a lot of mixed information about UCL Law interviews!
Original post by Beth_F
Those that are doing Psychology.. what GCSE grades did you get? Don't think mine are any where near good enough.. :/

mine were pretty poor compared to others. I got 4 A*'s 4 A's 4 B's, so based on my GCSE's I'm not holding out much hope. I'm just wondering, if I get rejected on the fact of my GCSE's weren't the best, should I reiterate that my father died during my year 11? It's mentioned on my reference but I know people who've appealed on 'special circumstances'.

Probably clutching at straws, I'm just wondering.
anyone received any offers from the school of Slavonic and east European studies? i applied for politics and east European studies and i really want to get in but as i was told it's really competitive and they only take about 20 students out of the 200 that apply...
Original post by fredbol
just got accepted for economics at ucl, wow i'm happy. commiserations to those who have been rejected

Well done! What are your GCSE and predicted grades?
Original post by Cloomin
Hi, is anyone applying to do philosophy?

ME! yes, finally found another philosophy applicant. you heard anything yet?
Original post by whatsmyage
anyone received any offers from the school of Slavonic and east European studies? i applied for politics and east European studies and i really want to get in but as i was told it's really competitive and they only take about 20 students out of the 200 that apply...

I really want to get an offer too, it would be my first choice.... I haven't heard anything from them, but theres someone on her who has got an offer...

see you've also applied to SOAS- me too! you're the first SOAS person i've come across on here. :smile:
Reply 908
Hey everyone, gap year reapplicant here, just got an unconditional offer from UCL after accepting the offer to come down for an open day in february. UCL isn't my first choice, but i'm very glad that i'm at least definitely going to university next year (had a bit of a catastrophe on results day this year, refer to sig to get a brief jist of why i was conned out of going to uni :P )
Username: Wannalearn.
Course: Mathematics.
Planned Entry: 2011.
Reply 910
Original post by phwarfcat
Hey everyone, gap year reapplicant here, just got an unconditional offer from UCL after accepting the offer to come down for an open day in february. UCL isn't my first choice, but i'm very glad that i'm at least definitely going to university next year (had a bit of a catastrophe on results day this year, refer to sig to get a brief jist of why i was conned out of going to uni :P )

congrats:smile: did they send you the offer after u posted the reply slip?? cuz i am in the same situation as you now, got a letter for economics.
Reply 911
Original post by thecodman
congrats:smile: did they send you the offer after u posted the reply slip?? cuz i am in the same situation as you now, got a letter for economics.

thanks, yeah they did, i got that letter probably like two weeks ago? and i emailed them on the 2nd Nov. The offer came through on ucas a couple of days ago :smile:
Reply 912
thanks, yeah they did, i got that letter probably like two weeks ago? and i emailed them on the 2nd Nov. The offer came through on ucas a couple of days ago :smile:

ohh did you not have to sign and post a rely slip back??/
Original post by downisthenewup
I'm applying for Psychology at UCL, I got 3A*s, 6As and 2Bs, I'm predicted A*AAB at A Level. What about you?

heya! I also applied for psych at UCL and got the questionnaire. I knew they might well have one because they said so at the open day talk, and I'm pretty sure they also mention it somewhere on the website.
Got 10A*s and an A at GCSE but predicted 3As at A level and no A*s, so expecting a rejection :frown:
Original post by Beth_F
Ahh no one heard from psychology yet? The wait is driving me crazy!!

UCL aren't giving out psychology offers yet! But you may well have got the questionnaire. Check the offers thread? :smile:
Reply 915

What went wrong? Did you fail STEP?
Original post by frequent_flyer
heya! I also applied for psych at UCL and got the questionnaire. I knew they might well have one because they said so at the open day talk, and I'm pretty sure they also mention it somewhere on the website.
Got 10A*s and an A at GCSE but predicted 3As at A level and no A*s, so expecting a rejection :frown:

oh my god, well done! that's a step in the right direction, I haven't even got a questionnaire :frown: when did you send your application in?

Congrats! I've also applied for your course at UCL, have only received an acknowledgement from them so far. Do you mind sharing when you sent your application?
Original post by Interpretation
If you do email them, could you please tell me what they say? I am really confused as well. :\ Thanks.

Checked the 2010 thread and people were hearing from 30/10 - 11/11 so you would of think we should have heard :/ I've emailed them now, I'll let you know if I get a reply.
Original post by buttercuplizzy
I really want to get an offer too, it would be my first choice.... I haven't heard anything from them, but theres someone on her who has got an offer...

see you've also applied to SOAS- me too! you're the first SOAS person i've come across on here. :smile:

hehe not many people apply to soas really! i think im like the only person from my school that applied there this year! what did u apply for? getting an offer from ucl would be more than a dream come true for me but really anything between soas,ucl and lse would be more than amazing ! i got my heart set on soas though :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending