The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

im applying for joint honours in History and Sociology, is anyone else applying for that course because i havent seen any? if its not popular then i must have a better chance of getting in right ?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 781
Has anyone applied to History at Warwick and if so got an offer?!
Original post by Jesobel
Has anyone applied to History at Warwick and if so got an offer?!

I got an offer for History on Monday; 36 IB points with 6 HL History, 5 HL English A2 :smile: I sent my application quite early though, on 29 September.
Reply 783
Hey,
Ive got a MORSE interview wednesday 24th november
Can anyone give me some kinda personal experience advice on what to expect and how to prepare? or in general any good advice....would be much appreciated :smile:

Thanks
Subs
Reply 784
anyone heard anything for politics with international studies?
Reply 785
anyone going to the department open day on the 17th?
Reply 786
Original post by cynthialf
I got an offer for History on Monday; 36 IB points with 6 HL History, 5 HL English A2 :smile: I sent my application quite early though, on 29 September.

i just know im gonnna be rejected :frown: A*AABBBCCC at GCSE and then AABC at AS - predicted AAA. Its the only one I havent heard from, and the one Im desperate to go tooo! :frown:
Reply 787
Original post by Jesobel
i just know im gonnna be rejected :frown: A*AABBBCCC at GCSE and then AABC at AS - predicted AAA. Its the only one I havent heard from, and the one Im desperate to go tooo! :frown:

Not so my friend! I'm applying for a different course but...
I got 3As, 5Bs 1C and 3Ds in my GCSEs
I got ABBC at AS, predicted AAB for A2
And I've got 2 offers from Warwick!
Reply 788
Original post by Corko93
Not so my friend! I'm applying for a different course but...
I got 3As, 5Bs 1C and 3Ds in my GCSEs
I got ABBC at AS, predicted AAB for A2
And I've got 2 offers from Warwick!

congrats! we got prettty similar then! theres hope! what did you apply for ?
Reply 789
Got an offer last Wednesday for Physics. So elated! Warwick have been the most communicative of all the Unis I applied to from the beginning. <333
Original post by bexter:)
im applying for joint honours in History and Sociology, is anyone else applying for that course because i havent seen any? if its not popular then i must have a better chance of getting in right ?

I applied for both joint honours in Politics and Sociology and just pure Sociology

No reply from joint honours but offer for the other course :smile:
Reply 791
Any offers for PPE out there ?
Original post by subs
Hey,
Ive got a MORSE interview wednesday 24th november
Can anyone give me some kinda personal experience advice on what to expect and how to prepare? or in general any good advice....would be much appreciated :smile:

Thanks
Subs

Heyy congratulations!

I'm applying for MMORSE but haven't heard anything :frown:
if you don't mind me asking, what are your grades like? and when did you send your ucas off?

regarding your questions, last year's applicants say the interview was really informal and you practically get an offer if you turn up.... I don't know if that's an exaggeration or not.. but congratulations for the interview anyway :smile:
Reply 793
Hi, I got 4A's at AS and was predicted 2 A*s and 2 A's. I was given the news about the interview through the post.
Hope youre right about the interview :biggrin:
Reply 794
oh and I sent mine off around mid October
Reply 795
Original post by subs
Hi, I got 4A's at AS and was predicted 2 A*s and 2 A's. I was given the news about the interview through the post.
Hope youre right about the interview :biggrin:

What were your GCSE results? And are you an Oxbridge applicant too?
Reply 796
7A*s 2As
Reply 797
7A*s 2As
Reply 798
Original post by KyriakixXx
i applied for this course aswell :tongue:

what other unis did u apply to??

I applied for Medicine in my other courses. Rare to find another MiBi applicant on forums, hello :biggrin: I applied for Cambridge (Downing), Imperial, Queen Mary's and Edinburgh.
Reply 799
Original post by Jesobel
congrats! we got prettty similar then! theres hope! what did you apply for ?

Computer science, and Discrete mathematics :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending