The Student Room Group

Economics Applicants 2011 Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by fredbol
wow! ucl have been lethal! sorry to everyone who has been rejected :/ i fear mine's on the way

I know :s-smilie:!! I knew it was competitive but come on!
If they don't want the people who've already been rejected, who I imagine are the top students (considering that most applied to Oxbridge), who can they possibly want??:confused:
And has anyone here gotten an offer already, or have there only been rejections?
Original post by goldlock
I'm King's, bricking myself about not being offered an interview though - what's your AS like?

AABB lolol.

i hear LSE love kids who can't even get 80% in history and spanish AS, i'm in luck
Wow! i Feel so dumb compared to most of you lol.

My dumb school finally sent of my application today. I applied to do straight economics at:
Royal holloway
Reading
City
Brunel
Kingston
Original post by misterb123
Wow! i Feel so dumb compared to most of you lol.

My dumb school finally sent of my application today. I applied to do straight economics at:
Royal holloway
Reading
City
Brunel
Kingston

TSR makes up the top 2% of the country tbh.
Reply 184
Original post by Unknown-User
Hey, can I ask what course you applied for at UCL?

Are you international by any chance?

Also, would you mind telling me what you got for GCSE/AS-level, as well as your A2 predicted grades?

Thanks, just scouting the competition :tongue:

Ok, i'll answer these in the order asked :P

Straight economics (L100)

Nope, I'm english and study in the UK.

GCSEs: 10 A* and an A in Eng Lang
FSMQ:A
ASs: Maths A ( 284 out of 300; C1:99, C2: 100, D1:85), Further Maths A (278 out of 300; FP1: 99, S1: 93, M1: 86), Chemistry A (278/300), Biology A (277/300) and Economics (192/200)
A2 (Predicted): 5A*s

Scouting the competition is what 90% of people are on here doing...
i have applied to Durham, Exeter, Birmingham, York and Leicester. i have an offer from leicester. but Birmingham hasnt acknowledged my application yet and i sent it in september, starting to worry tbh. :/
Original post by Laura-alice26
i have applied to Durham, Exeter, Birmingham, York and Leicester. i have an offer from leicester. but Birmingham hasnt acknowledged my application yet and i sent it in september, starting to worry tbh. :/

i sent mine off yesterday and got an acknowledgment email already!
BSc Economics at
1) Reading
2) Brunel
3) Hertfordshire
4) Kingston
5) Coventry

Got my acknowledgement email from Brunel within a day of sending my application. Hoping to get offer from Reading, predicted ACC, going to get some rejects :frown:
Original post by greebo-man
I logged into my long-sent off SAQ and just nicked all my answers from there.
pity my AS grades are piss poor. but hey, cambers offered us interview...

did you?? already??

which college did you apply to may i ask??
...(i applied too i haven't heard anything...:frown:
Original post by ohforgodssake
did you?? already??

which college did you apply to may i ask??
...(i applied too i haven't heard anything...:frown:

Corpus Christi... I got a brief email saying how i have an invite, and am checking my mail every day for this damned letter.
Corpus Christi... I got a brief email saying how i have an invite, and am checking my mail every day for this damned letter.

wow..good luck!!!

....how about other unis?? where've you applied?? if you don't mind...:biggrin:
Original post by ohforgodssake
wow..good luck!!!

....how about other unis?? where've you applied?? if you don't mind...:biggrin:

Of course not :]

with my cambs interview invite, I have a rejection from UCL and two AAB offers from Manc and Cardiff. waiting on LSE but i'm not hopeful in the slightest.

you?
Hi guys! I am really interested in good economics course. Basically, I am sure that I am apllying to UCL and LSE, but not about others... Can anybody write me good unis for Economics? I have already checked lots of pages with rankings, but I am hesitating. I has taken innto consideration Bath, York, Bristol and Warwick. Btw. I am doing IB and my predicted grades are 34-38.
Reply 193
Southhampton, Warwick and Durham
Original post by jos10
Scouting the competition is what 90% of people are on here doing...

Thumbs up for this little bit ;D
Original post by white_orchidea
Hi guys! I am really interested in good economics course. Basically, I am sure that I am apllying to UCL and LSE, but not about others... Can anybody write me good unis for Economics? I have already checked lots of pages with rankings, but I am hesitating. I has taken innto consideration Bath, York, Bristol and Warwick. Btw. I am doing IB and my predicted grades are 34-38.

Southampton, Durham, York
Of course not :]

with my cambs interview invite, I have a rejection from UCL and two AAB offers from Manc and Cardiff. waiting on LSE but i'm not hopeful in the slightest.

you?

Why apply to two AAB Uni's? Wasted a choice.
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Why apply to two AAB Uni's? Wasted a choice.

Fair. Decided i want to change cardiff to notts like the day after the two week deadline ha. There was like nowhere i really wanted to go in the aaa category though :frown:
Reply 198
GCSE: 5A*6A
A level: A*A*ABB
AS level: BB
rejection UCL
Original post by i.love.heroes
i sent mine off yesterday and got an acknowledgment email already!

what should i do?? do you think i should email them??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending