The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by screenager2004
The same thing happened to me. I'm freaking out that, by signing it, the legal responsibility is with me now, and somehow they'll turn that into a way to give me a disciplinary!

lol your looking into it way too much, they wont actually care.
Reply 6701
The same thing happened to me. I'm freaking out that, by signing it, the legal responsibility is with me now, and somehow they'll turn that into a way to give me a disciplinary!

Nah Doubt it, I've been signed off on so many things that im not sure what im actaully "trained" on :eek:
Reply 6702
Hey guys,

Just wondering, how much is the staff discount? =)
Original post by HarryA
Hey guys,

Just wondering, how much is the staff discount? =)

10%, but they increase it to 15% at certain times of the year (summer, christmas, easter etc). For example, it's 15% from Now until Christmas, to help with everyone's Christmas shopping.
to be fair, i've worked at Sains for over 2 years now on the shop floor and I still don't know how to use the bailer! I just chuck the cardboard in if theres room.
Original post by cherrycola32
to be fair, i've worked at Sains for over 2 years now on the shop floor and I still don't know how to use the bailer! I just chuck the cardboard in if theres room.

yeh in our branch it seems to be only a certain couple of ppl who set it off whenever it needs it...nobody else touches it.. but any1 can throw stuff in. usually if i have some spare cardboard or something laying around i leave it in the stack of stuff nearest the bailer and leave it to the ppl who kno what they r doing hehe :tongue:

staff discount is 15% right now, 10% at most other times..... u get ur discount card after u have worked there 6 months... i dont have mine yet... boo :frown:
So my interview is in Just under 4 hours, found out i had one when i was coming back from Top Gear :smile:

Just wanted to know what they want to hear when they ask questions like, "Why do you want to work here?", "What can you bring to us?".

Thanks in advance. :smile:
Original post by escapedsheep
So my interview is in Just under 4 hours, found out i had one when i was coming back from Top Gear :smile:

Just wanted to know what they want to hear when they ask questions like, "Why do you want to work here?", "What can you bring to us?".

Thanks in advance. :smile:

as a rule of thumb sainsburys always wanna hear things that are customer focused. say you love working with the public, helping customers, love to help ppl. .. can bring a friendly and helpful approch.. flexible, dedicated... n it doesnt hurt to say you have intend to make it your career and would love to progress thru the company .. i said this, even tho i dont think i now want that :s-smilie:

omg i totally just helped u get the job ha .. good luck
Thanks Jack, will keep you all updated.
Thanks Jack, will keep you all updated.

yw... oh and also when they said "why sainsburys".. say its where u always shop cos it cares for the customers and u value the ethics like fairtrade and u like how they treat the customer, its better than the other supermarkets :biggrin:
anyone know why we are meant to ask for id when anyone buys a dvd, scanned a U dvd and said think 25 asked supervisor if it was a mistake and she said we would need ID... why is this?
Well U films aren't suitable for sale to anyone under the age of .. wait, what!
Original post by Ineverwas
anyone know why we are meant to ask for id when anyone buys a dvd, scanned a U dvd and said think 25 asked supervisor if it was a mistake and she said we would need ID... why is this?

dunno.. i asked this at my induction and im still not clear on y :confused:
cos i get ID'd in sainsburys myself when i buy a PG dvd :confused:
Reply 6713
Hi, I've just broken my foot and it is in a plastic cast thing so apparently i cannot work on the shop floor. I've been told to get a few weeks off with a doctors note then see what happens then maybe work on checkouts depending on rules.
I started working in August on a temp contract of 12 hours a week and I'm now on a permanent one so what am i entitled to?
Reply 6714
Original post by Katie-27
Hi, I've just broken my foot and it is in a plastic cast thing so apparently i cannot work on the shop floor. I've been told to get a few weeks off with a doctors note then see what happens then maybe work on checkouts depending on rules.
I started working in August on a temp contract of 12 hours a week and I'm now on a permanent one so what am i entitled to?

You're entitled to the sick leave the doctor's note says you can have.
My job was mis advertised, it was only a XMAs temp job, and i can't do that. Shame :frown: Got a McD's though :smile:
My job was mis advertised, it was only a XMAs temp job, and i can't do that. Shame :frown: Got a McD's though :smile:

oh no,that sucks. what role was the xmas temp job doing?

always worth goin out if you end up with a mcd hehe

ps: does any1 know, once you have left sainsburys, can you come back to the same branch, if you reapply? my m8 left after making a hasty descion and wants to come back, he left on a good note and his boss said he'd be welcome back anytime... but hes not sure if he has to go down the full recruitment route again online? said id ask

ta!
... or withhold my pay? :P hehe
To be honest, if they forget to train their staff, I might be lucky and they could forget to not let me on checkouts tomorrow... i know where I am with checkouts! 7 hours of replenishment when I've never been trained to replenish before sounds like hell :frown:

replenishment is easy as pie :tongue:

i am not baler trained. we have maybe three or four people left on shift that are, everyone else left =/ i know how to move it and that but i don't know how to extract bales.
Original post by Katie-27

how did you break it?

someone on our shift broke his ankle, out of work for 7 weeks. got statutory sick pay only. until the doctor signs you fit to work you won't be allowed to work.
Has anyone attended an interview for HR Administrator in sainsburys depot?

Latest

Trending

Trending