The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diamonddust
Just got a letter in the post, I have an (unofficial) offer from Hull! So chuffed! I only need a B in English Lit and in the prospectus they said you need an A! I feel greedy for wanting UEA to contact me...

Well done! :biggrin:
Waiting for Imperial :s-smilie:
Changed two of my choices on track, and now beginning to play the waiting game.
I've got four acknowledgements so far, after sending of my ucas two days ago. I hope that they come to a decision soon. :smile:
I sent my UCAS application off on thursday! Logged onto track to have a look, and it says 'your application has been sent for consideration' what does this mean? Is UCAS processing it? or has it been sent to the universities?

Also, how long do you think before you get a reply on average? Will universities always acknowledge that they've recieved it? or do they just leave it until they make their decision?

thanksss :smile:
It means it has been sent to unis, I think.

The time it takes for unis to reply hugely varies uni by uni, department by department. It also varies as to whether they send acknowledgements; out of the 5 I've applied to, only 3 acknowledged.
Original post by casiogeek
I sent my UCAS application off on thursday! Logged onto track to have a look, and it says 'your application has been sent for consideration' what does this mean? Is UCAS processing it? or has it been sent to the universities?

Also, how long do you think before you get a reply on average? Will universities always acknowledge that they've recieved it? or do they just leave it until they make their decision?

It means that your applications have been sent to the universities. They'll probably send you back an acknowledgement telling you that they've got your application to them.

I've seen it taking from a day, to two months to get an offer. It can vary that much!
Calm down.
Reply 1008

All Uni's are different. Some send out offers/rejections really quickly. Others wait till they have a majority of applications and then decide. Some Universities don't even send out acknowledgments. So it all depends on the Uni i'm afraid :redface:

For example : I've been acknowledged by UCL and haven't heard anything since, but i've been offered a place at Royal Holloway and they didn't send me an acknowledgement.

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 1009
It's pretty self-explanatory. Your chosen uni's are considering your application. If they like you they'll give you an offer, if not...well it's a rejection.
Chill. lol
Original post by neutralmilkhotel
It means that your applications have been sent to the universities. They'll probably send you back an acknowledgement telling you that they've got your application to them.

I've seen it taking from a day, to two months to get an offer. It can vary that much!

A day? Seriously?! :eek:
It means your application has been deleted because UCAS is currently inundated with neurotic, nervous and impatient applicants.
Original post by Andy Ftw
A day? Seriously?! :eek:

Seriously! Someone on here said that they sent their application off at 3pm, and got an offer at 5pm the next day. I can't remember who it was though.
Reply 1013
Original post by neutralmilkhotel
Seriously! Someone on here said that they sent their application off at 3pm, and got an offer at 5pm the next day. I can't remember who it was though.

cheekygirl3316 (:
Nearly a month and only one offer :frown:
Original post by Wanischa
Nearly a month and only one offer :frown:

I sent mine the same day as you and received yesterday an invitation for an interview. That's about it.
Some people still don't know anything. Seriously, one offer is quite cool. Congrats! :biggrin:
Did you have to put your middle name on your UCAS application?
I didnt and now im scareddddddd
Original post by SergioMZ
I sent mine the same day as you and received yesterday an invitation for an interview. That's about it.
Some people still don't know anything. Seriously, one offer is quite cool. Congrats! :biggrin:

I supposed so.
But good luck on your interview.
Hope you get an offer soon :smile:
Did you have to put your middle name on your UCAS application?
I didnt and now im scareddddddd

Not if it's not on your passport. I highly doubt it's that important tbh, otherwise UCAS would say 'You absolutely MUST put your middle names down.' I didn't and that was partly because my whole name wouldn't fit in the box (:tongue:) and partly because it's not on my passport.
If you're that worried, give UCAS a call. It will be ok. :smile:
Original post by Wanischa
I supposed so.
But good luck on your interview.
Hope you get an offer soon :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
I hope so too, tbh. Good luck with your applications. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending