The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Lucysisi
YOu know for this bits:

I did make a recommendation to the Faculty Admissions Tutor, but it is his decision to follow my recommendation or not; hopefully he does. In that respect I cannot tell you anything more. You will have to wait for his letter.

What did you ask on the email, that they said this? Im worried :s-smilie:

Just about the letter and is it an offer...

Don't be worried, just hope for the best, i'm sure you will get one! :smile:

What did Imperial ask you at your interview? Did it go well?

Good luck. :hugs:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Chrisl12345
Straight A's at AS and A2, my GCSE grades were significantly lower than everyone who has posted in this thread though..I'm talking A's and B's and one C..Maturity kicked in however during sixth form! Have you applied to this course?

Lol I took 7 IGCSEs...A*A*A*AABB which I think is also pretty crappy (only 7! half these people have 15 ...) but no rejection yet :tongue: I don't think IGCSEs or GCSEs count for so much if your A-levels/IB are very good..
Original post by CZephyr
Oh well, you can have a thumbs up from me hehe :smile:

A friend of mine got an offer from UCL yesterday for biochemistry! Hahaha she was so happy.

Hehe, thanks :smile:
Is anyone here applying for Physics? Yesterday I received a letter inviting me to an open day (It is general policy of UCL not to make an offer of a place without the applicant attending a compulsory open day in the Department. I am therefore, inviting you to an open day....) does this mean I will get an offer?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 984
Original post by dannyboy0893
Is anyone here applying for Physics? Yesterday I received a letter inviting me to an open day (It is general policy of UCL not to make an offer of a place without the applicant attending a compulsory open day in the Department. I am therefore, inviting you to an open day....) does this mean I will get an offer?

Oooo congrats!!!!! Yeah that means if you go, you'll get an offer!!!! Well done :smile:

I am getting insanely excited :smile: I think the sciences department is starting to make offers... that means, hopefully, the life sciences department will also start to give out decisions.....
hehe. :P
Oooo congrats!!!!! Yeah that means if you go, you'll get an offer!!!! Well Done

Thanks for clearing that up, the way UCL communicate with applicants is so different to other universities! Good luck with your UCAS :smile:
Hey I got an unconditional for chemical engineering last week :smile:
Really happy and good luck to everyone else
Reply 987
Original post by Mandrews91
Hey I got an unconditional for chemical engineering last week :smile:
Really happy and good luck to everyone else

From UCL?

NICE! :biggrin:

I want one. :woo:
Original post by dannyboy0893

Me too..... Does that mean an offer?!!!!!
Original post by thestudent55555
Me too..... Does that mean an offer?!!!!!

99.9% means you got the offer! As long as you don't do or say anything outrageous, you'll get an offer.

In fact, last year when I had my interview they told everybody right at the start that our offer letters have already been written and will be posted on the day. They also said that they just want us to know more about UCL and the interview questions (usually all maths) will not influence their decision. So if yours is just an open day you will definitely get it!

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 990
Original post by -beads-
Just about the letter and is it an offer...

Don't be worried, just hope for the best, i'm sure you will get one! :smile:

What did Imperial ask you at your interview? Did it go well?

Good luck. :hugs:

It went alright i think, the interview was all based on what i put on my personal statement.
Original post by riotgrrl
I got a thumbs down for saying I'd sent off my questionaire? Really? xD God, sorry for meeting deadlines :p:

How did you find it?
Original post by xbabycakes
oh my god, well done! that's a step in the right direction, I haven't even got a questionnaire :frown: when did you send your application in?

Thankyou! I don't think GCSEs matter much in this case though, UCL have a rep for not caring too much about them. I sent mine in on October the 11th and got the questionnaire on tuesday, I think they send them out in batches though and not everybody gets one. Good luck!
Reply 993
Original post by Lucysisi
It went alright i think, the interview was all based on what i put on my personal statement.

Did they ask why chemeng? why imperial? and then PS.

Or like any tricky/technical questions too?

Good luck! :hugs:
Anyone here got an interview at UCL for computer science on the 1st of December? :smile:
Original post by classicalstudent
How did you find it?

Ummm, not bad actually. For the one that was like "why do you want to study ancient world studies at UCL?" I wasn't really sure how much to suck up to UCL? xD I did the Iliad for my interesting thing about the classical world which was fine, Roman architecture for something that's influenced the modern world (didn't want to do literature again) which mebbes wasn't so fine and then I liked the poetry one at the end quite a lot. How about you?
Reply 996
Original post by hannahmoore92
Any Linguistics offers yet??

woah, you're applying to the same 5 unis as me, and for the same subject!

i've heard nothing from any of my choices yet, just acknowledgements. what conditions is your newcastle offer subject to? congrats by the way :tongue:
Original post by jayjaybird33
I looked in last years thread and they were getting invited around the 26th or so.

I don't want to go to Newcastle either. I originaly had Essex down but then a week after I sent off my app I switched it with Newcastle. It's my fifth choice.

Sweet! Yay America! haha are you applying from America with American qualifications??

Ahh okay, I'm just a little on edge that they'll leave me hangin! Newcastle is amazing for nightlife and the course is good, but UCL is my first choice. :smile:

Nooope I've lived in England since I was 3, so I have English qualifications n shiz! It makes it a little easier. What's your first choice?
Original post by Kobie
woah, you're applying to the same 5 unis as me, and for the same subject!

i've heard nothing from any of my choices yet, just acknowledgements. what conditions is your newcastle offer subject to? congrats by the way :tongue:

Haha! They're the best ones for our course, I think! :smile: How are you feeling about Cambridge? I thought it might be a little less intense for Linguistics but I'm nervous as hell.
I'm on a gap year now, so my Newcastle offer was unconditional which is maybe why I got a reply so fast.
Original post by Panda Vinnie
99.9% means you got the offer! As long as you don't do or say anything outrageous, you'll get an offer.

In fact, last year when I had my interview they told everybody right at the start that our offer letters have already been written and will be posted on the day. They also said that they just want us to know more about UCL and the interview questions (usually all maths) will not influence their decision. So if yours is just an open day you will definitely get it!

Congratulations :smile:

Thanks! Are you at UCL now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending