The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by Sappho
Yes, she is. Do internationals usually get a decision earlier? Don't scare me, please, I'm an international too...
No offers or rejections yet here. I've applied on 14 October, so about a month ago. When did you apply?
Which Cambridge college are you applying to?
Do you know Latin and/or Greek or will you start (one of) them from scratch?

I just heard that internationals may get offers earlier in one of these threads. I have no evidence of it being true though so dont worry! I study both Greek and Latin at A2. What about you? I'm applying to Pembroke :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 861
Original post by KaHelene
I got a cond. offer yesterday, but my AES still hasn't changed yet. :tongue:

wow! congrats!! i still havent heard anything... :s ah well! just have to wait at see! This waiting is killing me...
Reply 862
Original post by Laytono
I just heard that internationals may get offers earlier in one of these threads. I have no evidence of it being true though so dont worry! I study both Greek and Latin at A2. What about you? I'm applying to Pembroke :smile:

I've learnt Latin for about 7 years now, but I've done Greek only since last year. I have two friends doing Classics at Cambridge (I met them on a summer school in Britain), but they're at other colleges. Do Cambridge invite many classicists for interview (like Oxford)? When do they invite and when do they have their interviews?
Oh I just want them to hurry up and make their decision :frown:
Reply 864
Original post by Schnarbs
Anyone heard anything for English?!

Not since I got on AES on the 23rd.

Some people have had offers and rejections.
Can't believe that some uk applicants are getting offers so early, I thought we all had to wait until after Jan!
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Does anyone know how long it takes to be confirmed by a college?

I got an offer through UCAS on Thursday, and it says that a college will be in contact "soon".

On the website it says you should hear from a college in no more than "three weeks" or some such thing. I posted a link to that site somewhere earlier on the thread if you wanna read the bit for yourself.
If the AES Tracker changes to:

Your application has been received by a College
•A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

Does that mean your going to have an offer from durham? Mine hasn't changed yet but I'm just wondering. I'm applying for V100 History at Cuths
Reply 868
Original post by finnyounger
If the AES Tracker changes to:

Your application has been received by a College
•A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

Does that mean your going to have an offer from durham? Mine hasn't changed yet but I'm just wondering. I'm applying for V100 History at Cuths

Apart from in exceptional cases, yes.
Original post by Vijay2010
I applied for Business at Stockton.....no offer yet! :'(

All my other unis have come back with offers so far!!

Snap! :frown:
Reply 870
Original post by playxsailxliv
Nice! Which ones do you plan to study? Have they made a decision yet?

And I don't mind at all haha, it's an IB offer though so I'm not sure how much it'll mean =P But it's 36 overall with a 6 in HL French.

Is Durham your first choice?

Ohhh cool! I actually found a conversion table and a 36 overall is the equivalent to AAB grades at A level :smile: I'm hoping to study French and Spanish, you? Durham is definitely up there as one of my favourites! Just don't have any idea of what kind of grades you need to have at GCSE and AS level to be in with a chance!
Original post by KaHelene
I got a cond. offer yesterday, but my AES still hasn't changed yet. :tongue:

im also applying for biomed, do you mind telling me your grades?
Original post by njs
Ohhh cool! I actually found a conversion table and a 36 overall is the equivalent to AAB grades at A level :smile: I'm hoping to study French and Spanish, you? Durham is definitely up there as one of my favourites! Just don't have any idea of what kind of grades you need to have at GCSE and AS level to be in with a chance!

I'm planning on French and Russian and maybe Spanish if they'll let me (I didn't continue with it after GCSE) but we'll see =] I'm sure you'll be fine!
Almost coming up to a month since I sent my app. Good luck for offers this week
Natural Sciences application sent to the college :smile:
Anyone had this privilege?
Original post by LukethePianoMan

No, stilling waiting!!! :cry:
Reply 876

No :frown:
Original post by Bently7
No :frown:

I have only just mine, my Yeti friend, don't worry!

Nope... :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Jing_jing
Nope... :frown:

ur applying to maths though aren't you?

Latest

Trending

Trending