Original post by LukethePianoMan
ur applying to maths though aren't you?

Nope, natural sciences with maths and economics
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by hist123
Don't know, applied in september and nothing until yesterday when my AES changed to
V100 History - ft
•Your application has been received by a College
•A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

So hopefully they'll make decisions soon!

Ooh well, thats good for you! :smile:
applied at the end of september, hoping i wont have to wait until jan/feb! :frown:
fingers crossed!
Natural Sciences application sent to the college :smile:
Anyone had this privilege?

Hey, I'm applying for Music but mine's been sent to the college too! Does this mean we have offers?!
Original post by Jing_jing
Nope, natural sciences with maths and economics

oh yeah, sorry, hope u get sent soon :smile:
Original post by Dolphin.Girl.78
Hey, I'm applying for Music but mine's been sent to the college too! Does this mean we have offers?!

It means it is likely, but not a definite offer yet, because sometimes a course might be oversubscribed and other colleges wont have places

This is what the website says:
'Please note that occasionally some applications are unsuccessful despite being sent to a college as the University is restricted in the number of home offers it can make and is committed to ensuring that departments and colleges do not make too many offers. Occasionally, a department may inadvertently make a few too many offers, as our monitoring systems are updated on a daily basis rather than in real-time. These applications are recalled within the University and, even though the AES may have shown that an application has been passed to a college for consideration, the University will not be in a position to make an offer and an unsuccessful decision will be recorded at UCAS.'

And by the way, what instruments do you play?
oh yeah, sorry, hope u get sent soon :smile:

:h: Thanks. I don't think I'll be too heartbroken if Durham rejects me but it would be nice to have an offer that isn't quite as hard to hit as Warwick's! Nobody in my school is pinning any hopes on Durham though after they rejected the cleverest student in our year!
Still with department for politics (with year abroad) for Grey !

Has anyone had an offer for politics yet ? Or even got through to a college ?
It means it is likely, but not a definite offer yet, because sometimes a course might be oversubscribed and other colleges wont have places

This is what the website says:
'Please note that occasionally some applications are unsuccessful despite being sent to a college as the University is restricted in the number of home offers it can make and is committed to ensuring that departments and colleges do not make too many offers. Occasionally, a department may inadvertently make a few too many offers, as our monitoring systems are updated on a daily basis rather than in real-time. These applications are recalled within the University and, even though the AES may have shown that an application has been passed to a college for consideration, the University will not be in a position to make an offer and an unsuccessful decision will be recorded at UCAS.'

And by the way, what instruments do you play?

Yayyy! My 'first' instruments are percussion and piano - I take it you play piano too? Also which college did you apply to? I applied to Grey :biggrin:
Yayyy! My 'first' instruments are percussion and piano - I take it you play piano too? Also which college did you apply to? I applied to Grey :biggrin:

i play piano, but not very well, what grade are you doing on piano, or what did you do last?
I have applied to St Marys, which I've realised is actually quite a popular one!
Original post by Jing_jing
:h: Thanks. I don't think I'll be too heartbroken if Durham rejects me but it would be nice to have an offer that isn't quite as hard to hit as Warwick's! Nobody in my school is pinning any hopes on Durham though after they rejected the cleverest student in our year!

Oh yeah, that reminds me, Durham might start asking for A*s too, I'll have to wait and see. Your school aren't very hopeful are they? All students have their flaws, and others have talents. That person just didn't seem to be what Durham wanted.
Reply 890

i play piano, but not very well, what grade are you doing on piano, or what did you do last?
I have applied to St Marys, which I've realised is actually quite a popular one!

If we're going to talk about music I may as well throw in my saxophone and piano skills (or lack of, in the piano's case).
One of my main reasons for applying to Van Mildert was the nice music practice areas.
Original post by Bently7
If we're going to talk about music I may as well throw in my saxophone and piano skills (or lack of, in the piano's case).
One of my main reasons for applying to Van Mildert was the nice music practice areas.

I just looked at the numbers - Mary has practise rooms, I'll go there, I didn't have time to look at the colleges on the open day :frown:
So are you a serious performer in those instruments?
Reply 892
I just looked at the numbers - Mary has practise rooms, I'll go there, I didn't have time to look at the colleges on the open day :frown:
So are you a serious performer in those instruments?

Ish. My piano isn't particularly good but I just do it because I don't have the heart to tell my teacher. I don't plan on going near a piano when I start uni.
I've got my Grade 8 on the Sax, so I'm kinda serious. The main thing I do is play in my school's 'Swing Band' and so I'd quite like to keep swinging at uni :tongue:
Original post by Bently7
Ish. My piano isn't particularly good but I just do it because I don't have the heart to tell my teacher. I don't plan on going near a piano when I start uni.
I've got my Grade 8 on the Sax, so I'm kinda serious. The main thing I do is play in my school's 'Swing Band' and so I'd quite like to keep swinging at uni :tongue:

I play the piano as well, and also the organ. Do you know if there's a college with its own organ?
Reply 894
Original post by Sempiternitas
I play the piano as well, and also the organ. Do you know if there's a college with its own organ?

I conclude there are no news about your college change plans?
Oh yeah, that reminds me, Durham might start asking for A*s too, I'll have to wait and see. Your school aren't very hopeful are they? All students have their flaws, and others have talents. That person just didn't seem to be what Durham wanted.

Oh? Did they put it on their website? Not seen any Durham offers with the A* in yet... mind you, I'd rather have a durham offer with an A* in than no Durham offer at all! :p:

Yeah... we're not the most optimistic bunch. It's just that she's so much cleverer than all of us, so it was a massive shock to hear she'd not gotten an offer! I guess her PS just didn't have what they were looking for.
anyone heard anything from the economics department?

I've got grade 8 on piano, orchestral percussion, drum kit, and I did an additional snare drum grade 8 just for the heck of it! Also taking grade 8 music theory in march. This sounds like a lot but I AM applying for music so I'm supposed to have them! What about you?
Original post by Sappho
I conclude there are no news about your college change plans?

No.

Well, I've got a reply to the e-mail I sent out about three weeks ago, telling me to refer to Hatfield instead. Three e-mails sent and still no conclusion. :mad:
Original post by student456
anyone heard anything from the economics department?

L100 Economics - My application got sent to the college (Castle), at least that's what AES tells me. Still no UCAS update though :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending