The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hist123
Don't know, applied in september and nothing until yesterday when my AES changed to
V100 History - ft
•Your application has been received by a College
•A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

So hopefully they'll make decisions soon!

Either you are trolling or Woohoo finally some progress... I emailed the history department and they said there would be no decisions until after the Jan deadline for v100 .... If yours really has been moved to college hopefully I'll get some movement in the next week
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by rohitronaldo
L100 Economics - My application got sent to the college (Castle), at least that's what AES tells me. Still no UCAS update though :s-smilie:

From what I hear you probably wont hear anything from ucas for up to a week!
Congratulations though, you're pretty much guaranteed an offer :biggrin: whats your academic profile/predicted grades? Are you international?
I'm still waiting :frown: i've applied for L1R1 Economics with French, anyone heard anything for that?
Reply 902
Original post by Sempiternitas
No.

Well, I've got a reply to the e-mail I sent out about three weeks ago, telling me to refer to Hatfield instead. Three e-mails sent and still no conclusion. :mad:

Well, given the fact that I still haven't heard anything from Durham (my application has "not yet been received by a College"), you might not have a decent reason to change your college any more soon... :frown:

BUT: 23 days, my dear, until we can hopefully embrace each other again!
Reply 903
Original post by Jing_jing
Oh? Did they put it on their website? Not seen any Durham offers with the A* in yet... mind you, I'd rather have a durham offer with an A* in than no Durham offer at all! :p:

Yeah... we're not the most optimistic bunch. It's just that she's so much cleverer than all of us, so it was a massive shock to hear she'd not gotten an offer! I guess her PS just didn't have what they were looking for.

I swear Durham said they weren't going to offer A*s and treat A* predictions as As? That might be subject specific but I swear I saw it somewhere...
Original post by Bently7
Ish. My piano isn't particularly good but I just do it because I don't have the heart to tell my teacher. I don't plan on going near a piano when I start uni.
I've got my Grade 8 on the Sax, so I'm kinda serious. The main thing I do is play in my school's 'Swing Band' and so I'd quite like to keep swinging at uni :tongue:

ye u sound serious on sax, sounds good! lots of opportunities there!
i play trombone too, doing my grade 8 in december, lots of opportunities there
Oh? Did they put it on their website? Not seen any Durham offers with the A* in yet... mind you, I'd rather have a durham offer with an A* in than no Durham offer at all! :p:

Yeah... we're not the most optimistic bunch. It's just that she's so much cleverer than all of us, so it was a massive shock to hear she'd not gotten an offer! I guess her PS just didn't have what they were looking for.

ill check the website now!
u might be cleverer than her in some aspects lol!
she must be cleverer than me and mine got sent to college
Original post by Dolphin.Girl.78
I've got grade 8 on piano, orchestral percussion, drum kit, and I did an additional snare drum grade 8 just for the heck of it! Also taking grade 8 music theory in march. This sounds like a lot but I AM applying for music so I'm supposed to have them! What about you?

WOW.
You must be the perfect student!
Are you in a lot of ensembles?
I'm doing grade 8 bass trombone and DipLCM Piano in December, hoping to pass them both :s-smilie:
they will be very hard though
i scraped a merit on grade 8 piano
Reply 907
:h: Thanks. I don't think I'll be too heartbroken if Durham rejects me but it would be nice to have an offer that isn't quite as hard to hit as Warwick's! Nobody in my school is pinning any hopes on Durham though after they rejected the cleverest student in our year!

I know 2 people rejected from Durham for maths.

One is now at Oxford, the other got A*A*A* in his A-Levels and is at Warwick.

No-one knows what Durham wants for Maths.
Original post by Hnk2401
I swear Durham said they weren't going to offer A*s and treat A* predictions as As? That might be subject specific but I swear I saw it somewhere...

I have no idea, I don't think that they'll be making A* a condition this year, there's nothing on the website to indicate that they will!

Original post by LukethePianoMan
ill check the website now!
u might be cleverer than her in some aspects lol!
she must be cleverer than me and mine got sent to college

:h: Thanks! I really hope that they're not going to start making the A* a condition now!
Haha no way, she had a mock interview with an admissions tutor for Medicine at Oxford and he said based on her mock interview she'd have probably gotten a place!
Nah, I'm sure that you best her if yours was sent to college! She was going for biochem I think.

Original post by Mann18
I know 2 people rejected from Durham for maths.

One is now at Oxford, the other got A*A*A* in his A-Levels and is at Warwick.

No-one knows what Durham wants for Maths.

Jeez, that's crazy! Good job I'm not applying for pure maths! :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rohitronaldo
L100 Economics - My application got sent to the college (Castle), at least that's what AES tells me. Still no UCAS update though :s-smilie:

My AES changed to "Sent to college" on a friday. By the following Wednesday I had an offer on UCAS. So it took about 4 working days for an offer to come through. Still waiting to hear which college though, really hoping for castle!
Reply 910
Oh yeah, that reminds me, Durham might start asking for A*s too, I'll have to wait and see.

They aren't using the A* this year, it says on the website :smile:

http://www.dur.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/faqs/?faqno=1985
excluding mathematical sciences
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 911
Original post by adam0311
My AES changed to "Sent to college" on a friday. By the following Wednesday I had an offer on UCAS. So it took about 4 working days for an offer to come through. Still waiting to hear which college though, really hoping for castle!

Yea it really varies...mine took a few hours (somehow) but I think for someone else it took a good couple of weeks!
Reply 912
Hey,
Have many people applying for combined honours in social sciences gotten offers/sent to college - reading through this thread I think I can find a few
I sent my application off just over a month ago and not a peep!
I'm starting to stress.... (or on the flip side has anyone been rejected yet?)
WOW.
You must be the perfect student!
Are you in a lot of ensembles?
I'm doing grade 8 bass trombone and DipLCM Piano in December, hoping to pass them both :s-smilie:
they will be very hard though
i scraped a merit on grade 8 piano

Haha, not really! I do play in a lot of ensembles of all kinds of music, though :smile: And you?
That's very impessive being such a high standard at your instruments when you don't even want to study music! I decided against doing any diplomas because I just wanted to find pieces I liked and play those rather than constantly finding stuff from exam lists! Is Durham one of your top choices? I'm having second thoughts about it after having such a good time in London a few days ago and reeeeally wanting to study there.
Original post by Dolphin.Girl.78
Haha, not really! I do play in a lot of ensembles of all kinds of music, though :smile: And you?
That's very impessive being such a high standard at your instruments when you don't even want to study music! I decided against doing any diplomas because I just wanted to find pieces I liked and play those rather than constantly finding stuff from exam lists! Is Durham one of your top choices? I'm having second thoughts about it after having such a good time in London a few days ago and reeeeally wanting to study there.

ye after my diploma im goign to find some good pieces to play
my mum doesnt see the point, but I do, and ill try and keep it up at uni, trying to get into a few concerts, stuff like that
Durham is my second choice, after cambridge (hope they dont read this!!)
I didn't like UCL, I prefer the close knit community of somewhere like Durham, and it is easier to form ensembles there :smile:
I have no idea, I don't think that they'll be making A* a condition this year, there's nothing on the website to indicate that they will!

:h: Thanks! I really hope that they're not going to start making the A* a condition now!
Haha no way, she had a mock interview with an admissions tutor for Medicine at Oxford and he said based on her mock interview she'd have probably gotten a place!
Nah, I'm sure that you best her if yours was sent to college! She was going for biochem I think.

Jeez, that's crazy! Good job I'm not applying for pure maths! :p:

she probably went into the interview too cocky or something like that, things happen
i hope i dont need an A*, put more stress on me!!
Biochem must be harder than natural sciences then :smile:
Reply 916
Original post by Emarliv
Hey,
Have many people applying for combined honours in social sciences gotten offers/sent to college - reading through this thread I think I can find a few
I sent my application off just over a month ago and not a peep!
I'm starting to stress.... (or on the flip side has anyone been rejected yet?)

I've not heard anything for comb social sciences either and I sent it off in September! They can just sometimes be really slow I think so I'm not stressing much. Out of interest, what subjects have you applied for?
Does anyone else have 'Your occupancy agreement will be available from 2010-09-06 08:00' on their main page? And if so, what stage are you at on AES track?
I'm rather confused as I think that only just popped up after being accepted by college :/
Reply 918
Original post by playxsailxliv
congratulations!!! nice to have another language person =] what college did you specify?

thankyou very much! :biggrin: did you get an offer too? which languages are you studying? i didn't actually specify a college.. just put down an open application as i unfortunately didn't have a chance to visit the uni so wasn't sure about which college i really liked.. which college did you apply to? :smile:

just read back through the last few pages of this thread and i see that you do have an offer... CONGRATS! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
she probably went into the interview too cocky or something like that, things happen
i hope i dont need an A*, put more stress on me!!
Biochem must be harder than natural sciences then :smile:

Not even sure she had an interview! Meh, doesn't matter either way, I expect she'll get into Oxford.!
Yeah, I think I can probably get one in Maths but nothing else!
Yeah, I Durham's natural sciences is funny though, it has things like economics and philosophy in, very different from somewhere like Cambridge!

Latest

Trending

Trending