The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Econight
Yes they do, however if you mentioned your circumstances within the school reference on UCAS then it should lessen the situation. Did you mention the circumstances on the Cambridge SAQ and LSE's additional questionnaire?

Actually, I'm doing AS now! :frown: I'm an international student n I did my GCSEs in 1 yr. My 'adorable' English teacher didnt allow me to do the papers! She also said that I could not get even a C in Lower paper while I could actually got an A in Higher paper. She also said that with international students, IELTS is much more important :frown: I'll take the IELTS anw but I'm a bit scared bcoz of my very ODD GCSEs! :frown: What should I do now? :-s
Reply 181
Original post by ALIHISGREAT
well done.. i got an information request from bath for all my AS grades (as i only put down the one i cashed in on my UCAS form) think they might want to see my maths UMS scores :eek:

when did you get this questionnaire? was it by email?
Did everyone get it? I've applied for economics and didn't receive anything!
Original post by Ray_Han
Nope, for some reason they increased the offer from A*AAB-AAAB to A*AAA.

I can't believe this, they told me an email that it would be A*AAB at most, do you think they'd accept A*A*AB?
Reply 183
Original post by Speechless'
I can't believe this, they told me an email that it would be A*AAB at most, do you think they'd accept A*A*AB?

I don't know, is that your prediction, or what you would expect to get? I think it is due to me taking further maths that they want a fourth A.
Original post by cgirl
Actually, I'm doing AS now! :frown: I'm an international student n I did my GCSEs in 1 yr. My 'adorable' English teacher didnt allow me to do the papers! She also said that I could not get even a C in Lower paper while I could actually got an A in Higher paper. She also said that with international students, IELTS is much more important :frown: I'll take the IELTS anw but I'm a bit scared bcoz of my very ODD GCSEs! :frown: What should I do now? :-s

What are your A Level subjects? You should know there are some subjects which aren't too well regarded by universities. I don't think IELTS matters at all as long you have GCSE English to at least a B. Right now focus on getting really good UMS at AS Level, and maybe do some more GCSEs at the same time if you think you'll be able to get A*s.
Reply 185
Original post by asdfg0987
What are your A Level subjects? You should know there are some subjects which aren't too well regarded by universities. I don't think IELTS matters at all as long you have GCSE English to at least a B. Right now focus on getting really good UMS at AS Level, and maybe do some more GCSEs at the same time if you think you'll be able to get A*s.

I'm doing Double Maths, Econ and Socio. Actually I'm thinking of doing some more GCSEs but I also have to find the best way to persuade my college to enter me to those exams. Soooo sad!!! :frown:(
Reply 186
Hi,
my qualifications are:
GCSE: 2A*s (Maths & Eng Lit), 5As and 3 Bs
AS: B (Psychology)
A2: AAA (Maths, Economics, Politics), with a B in General Studies which apparently no-one cares about. Also, my Maths module grades are AAAAAA.

I've applied:
Nottingham L100
Bath L101
Warwick L100
York L100
Bristol L100

and i sent my application off on the 7th October, and i've got no replies so far! I've also mentioned in my personal statement that im retaking my C3 exam to try and get an A* in Maths so they could give me a conditional offer? Im so worried! I think I f****d up my GCSEs! Even last year i applied for 5 Uni's and got rejected from all of them (my school predicted me ABCC, the bastards), so was forced to take a gap year, and now its like im not going to get any again! Anyone got any opinions about whether i should change to some 'lesser' universities? Or maybe someone with admissions expertise!?

AHHH!
Original post by philippat
when did you get this questionnaire? was it by email?
Did everyone get it? I've applied for economics and didn't receive anything!

its probably not for everyone... or they do it for a number of people at a time instead of everyone... got a request by email then rang up admissions to get some clarification on what they actually wanted me to send.
Reply 188
got an offer from essex today, round about 5...really happy, it was my first offer
University: Essex
Course: Economics
Offer: 320 points, including AB
Original post by Ray_Han

Original post by Ray_Han
I don't know, is that your prediction, or what you would expect to get? I think it is due to me taking further maths that they want a fourth A.

I take further maths too, but i think i will struggle to get an A in history, i just don't understand why they haven't even updated there website to include the offers they are giving.
Reply 190
Original post by Ryder1992
got an offer from essex today, round about 5...really happy, it was my first offer
University: Essex
Offer: 320 points, including AB

Hey, I also got the exact same offer at the exact same time lool. This does mean from 3 A levels and an extra AS right?
Reply 191
Original post by slee82
Hi,
my qualifications are:
GCSE: 2A*s (Maths & Eng Lit), 5As and 3 Bs
AS: B (Psychology)
A2: AAA (Maths, Economics, Politics), with a B in General Studies which apparently no-one cares about. Also, my Maths module grades are AAAAAA.

I've applied:
Nottingham L100
Bath L101
Warwick L100
York L100
Bristol L100

and i sent my application off on the 7th October, and i've got no replies so far! I've also mentioned in my personal statement that im retaking my C3 exam to try and get an A* in Maths so they could give me a conditional offer? Im so worried! I think I f****d up my GCSEs! Even last year i applied for 5 Uni's and got rejected from all of them (my school predicted me ABCC, the bastards), so was forced to take a gap year, and now its like im not going to get any again! Anyone got any opinions about whether i should change to some 'lesser' universities? Or maybe someone with admissions expertise!?

AHHH!

No, with a good PS, York really should make you an offer TBH. Don't panic just yet - I know it's hard.
Reply 192
Original post by LZRSWRD
No, with a good PS, York really should make you an offer TBH. Don't panic just yet - I know it's hard.

you should definitely get a york offer.
Economics L100
University of Surrey
ABB
Original post by westham1993
Economics L100
University of Surrey
ABB

What were your AS grades & subjects? A2s? Predictions?

I want to go to Surrey :P
Reply 195
My ucas has finally been sent off by my school. About time!
University: Surrey
Offer: ABB

It's my backup but it's my first offer so yay!
Original post by Speckle
Economics
Bath
A*AA

2nd offer, woo.

I want to go to bath so bad :frown: I'm predicted A*A*A but my AS grades last year weren't as good as they could've been and I'm definately no straight A* student for GCSEs :frown:
GCSEs:
A*A*: Maths, Science
AAAAAAA: English Lit, English Lang, Additional Science, History, French, Spanish, Art

AS: AABB: Economics, Maths, Further Maths, History respectively
A2 predictions: A*A*A: Economics, Maths, History

Applying to:
Warwick
Bath
Bristol
Kent
Surrey (recieved an offer ABB)

I would love love love love to go to Bath, it's literally like my number one place, what's my chances of getting into any/all of these? I sent my application on October 20th also!
Original post by veronica111
GCSEs:
A*A*: Maths, Science
AAAAAAA: English Lit, English Lang, Additional Science, History, French, Spanish, Art

AS: AABB: Economics, Maths, Further Maths, History respectively
A2 predictions: A*A*A: Economics, Maths, History

Applying to:
Warwick
Bath
Bristol
Kent
Surrey (recieved an offer ABB)

I would love love love love to go to Bath, it's literally like my number one place, what's my chances of getting into any/all of these? I sent my application on October 20th also!

Swap Kent with Nottingham and we're applying to the same Uni's :-)

Latest

Trending

Trending