The Student Room Group

Mathswatch?

Does anyone use mathswatch? what is it? and is it useful?
Reply 1
It is a series of videos with someone talking about all of things that could come up in the maths exam. I have used it but i find only some aspects of it help but it all depends on how you learn.
I do find the woman a bit patronising
Reply 3
our school uses mathswatch, i find the woman quite helpful! we have access to it at home as well with a username and password. i haven't actually used it myself yet but i will when i get nearer to exams. it really is helpful breaks down everything step by step.
Is that the CD with the woman going through all the things you need to know for GCSE maths exams?

If so, it's amazing - really good for pre-past paper revision. I thank that and plenty of past papers for my grade in the exams (stupid coursework).
Reply 5
steffi.alexa
Is that the CD with the woman going through all the things you need to know for GCSE maths exams?

If so, it's amazing - really good for pre-past paper revision. I thank that and plenty of past papers for my grade in the exams (stupid coursework).

yep thats the one. thanks. ive downloaded it
Reply 6
is she real?? =s
Reply 7
Yes, its very helpful :yep:
Reply 8
I used it for GSCE, it was really good. However, it can be a bit tempting to flick open a browser to the internet and procrastinate.
Reply 9
It got me my A* in GCSE maths, I highly reccomend it.
Reply 10
Original post by samir12
It got me my A* in GCSE maths, I highly reccomend it.

really how? by using the clips then practising?
Reply 11
I thought it was a bit rubbish to be honest. But I think I'm in the minority here...

It depends on how you learn really.
Reply 12
Original post by Pristar
really how? by using the clips then practising?

Well basically I went through past papers, and the questions I didn't understand, I looked up the topic of those questions on Mathswatch. Than applied what Mathswatch taught me to other similar questions. I was kinda exaggerating that it got me my A* (that was all due to doing looads of past papers) but it did help alot.
Reply 13
The woman is pretty patronizing, but otherwise I think it's great! I got 44% in my mock, and then used Mathswatch and past papers for about a month, and got an overall high A. 8D

The clips show you how to do the questions and then gives you examples, so you can check you've understood it. It's very good, imo.

Quick Reply

Latest