The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ineverwas
im not going to bother im sure you dont have to be over a certain age to buy a U dvd

yeah i dunno to this day why it happened. i was alone (18 at the time) buying a PG dvd. they checked my ID and it was fine so clearly buying a PG at 18 is allowed, lol.. but i dunno why i got ID'd, i look quite young but how young do you have to be to buy a PG??
when i asked this at my induction i got a vague answer n i still dont understand.:confused:
I got attacked by a crazy Lady yesterday!
She was with her partner and she was INSISTING that she paid by cash, but he wanted to swipe his Nectar Card for the points.
She thought the nectar card was a credit card and that he was trying to pay, and started fighting him to get the card out of his hand. He passed it to me and I tried to just quickly scan it but she grabbed my wrists and wrenched the card out of my hand shouting "NOOO! NOOOO!"

Oh my god it was terrifying!
Original post by screenager2004
I got attacked by a crazy Lady yesterday!
She was with her partner and she was INSISTING that she paid by cash, but he wanted to swipe his Nectar Card for the points.
She thought the nectar card was a credit card and that he was trying to pay, and started fighting him to get the card out of his hand. He passed it to me and I tried to just quickly scan it but she grabbed my wrists and wrenched the card out of my hand shouting "NOOO! NOOOO!"

Oh my god it was terrifying!

Oh my god!! She sounds a bit mad!! I would have said something to her about grabbing you though, we're not paid to put up with that!!
Original post by kirsty142
Oh my god!! She sounds a bit mad!! I would have said something to her about grabbing you though, we're not paid to put up with that!!

I suppose so, but I didn't want to make it into a massive deal, I only had 20 minutes left until the end of my contract! She wasn't being aggressively hostile, it was just like a crazy playfight between a couple arguing over who paid.... was just a bit weird to get the cashier involved!!!
Original post by screenager2004
I suppose so, but I didn't want to make it into a massive deal, I only had 20 minutes left until the end of my contract! She wasn't being aggressively hostile, it was just like a crazy playfight between a couple arguing over who paid.... was just a bit weird to get the cashier involved!!!

Ah, fair enough, still a bit scary though!!
I would have stood up and made my presence felt so to speak. I don't take any nonsense from any of our customers :tongue:
Reply 6766
I had my interview last Thursday & I was just wondering when I will find out if I got the job or not. And how do they tell you....Email/phone??
Original post by hii
I had my interview last Thursday & I was just wondering when I will find out if I got the job or not. And how do they tell you....Email/phone??

i had an email (like an automated one from the online recruitment dept) about 5-6 days after my interview. i think sometimes they telephone as well because you might not check your emails. but the email tells you to call the recruitment line to confirm you accept the job offer and i did that straight away. they also tell you when you phone, the dates of your induction.

i think i had my interview on a thursday too... and got my email the following wednesday if i remember rightly. good luck
(edited 13 years ago)
i bet that couple had an argument after they'd been shopping, crazy woman
Original post by hii

I was woken up by a text telling me I had the job :biggrin: I had my interview on the Wednesday, got the text Friday morning and had my induction on the Tuesday. Now I feel like I've been there for ages, but it's only been about 4 weeks!:smile:
I was training somebody up on the Self Scans yesterday and I've only been here for three months, felt proud :tongue:
i can't wait to quit aha
Original post by inksplodge
i can't wait to quit aha

Nooo you can't quit, you're a key part of this thread! :tongue:
Original post by Schumacher
Nooo you can't quit, you're a key part of this thread! :tongue:

i'm just the grumpy night shifter ^_^ :tongue:
Original post by inksplodge
i'm just the grumpy night shifter ^_^ :tongue:

What is making you want to quit anyways? The money on nightshift must be fairly good.
Could always see if you can swap to dayshift if its the hours that are the problem.
my friend who quit a week ago wants to come back....
Reply 6776
1) If a guy comes in with his gf to buy alcohol even if its one can of fosters or something..and he is the one purchasing it and looks under 25, I know I gotta ID him but what about his gf?
And just say he looked over 25 but his gf didnt do I ID the gf in that situation as well?

According to Sainsbury's rules, you are meant to ID the girl, but common sense should be applied.

2) Even if someone buys a 12A dvd or 15 and they clearly are over that age limit but look under 25 DO I STILL ID THEM?

Again, according to the rules, you are meant to ID them, but AGAIN, common sense should be used.

3) Proxy sale only applied to alcohol right?

No.

4) How do you check how many points someone on the nectar has?

On the till press "Menu" and then press "Points Balance" and swipe their card.

5) If you served someone and they went and came back a minute later with the reciept and their change in their hand and said you gave them a dodgey pound coin (which btw is dodgey) to you swap it or tell em to go to CSD? or what?

Tell them to go to the CSD. If you knew it was dodgy before you handed it over why did you give it to them?

6)how do u put money on gift cards

On cards that have already been used, press gift card on the till, then press top-up and enter the amount then swipe the card.

7)just say you press enter which takes you to tender mode how do you get back to normal

Press Cancel/No twice.

8) if a customer asks is this on offer (say buy 1 get 1 free) how do I check

Scan it twice, then total up (Some offers don't come up until you total it up.

FINAL Q..how do you do price enquiry

Press the Price Enquiery button.
Reply 6777
Original post by Katie-27
Playing football with my dog :L I've just been on the direct gov website and it says you have to have average weekly pay of £97 so will I not be eligible for anything?
I may have to wear the cast thing for 3 months :frown:

the word "Checkouts" comes to mind.
What week is it next week at Sainsbury's, Week 1 or Week 2 ?
Many Thanks.
Reply 6779
Original post by Domminitio
What week is it next week at Sainsbury's, Week 1 or Week 2 ?
Many Thanks.

Week 4

Latest

Trending

Trending