Reply 6780
So whens cut off date, and pay day?

Thank you please.
Original post by dmg83
So whens cut off date, and pay day?

Thank you please.

Pay day is Friday, December 3rd. Cut off is the Saturday before. :smile:
Reply 6782
security protected meat, what exactly do you have to take off? the sticker or what?
Original post by tosh999
security protected meat, what exactly do you have to take off? the sticker or what?

I have a similar question...

I've noticed the security sticker things on products like condoms. What exactly are you meant to do to deactivate it? Where I used to work, we had a "wand" thing that deactivated it but they didn't mention anything like that on my till training. :smile:
Original post by affinity89

I live for payday now :biggrin: Although I have to use this month's for Christmas shopping :frown:
I have a similar question...

I've noticed the security sticker things on products like condoms. What exactly are you meant to do to deactivate it? Where I used to work, we had a "wand" thing that deactivated it but they didn't mention anything like that on my till training. :smile:

I think the tills must just deactivate it now, cos I've never had any problems with them.
Reply 6786
Yes, the scanners are set up to deactivate the soft tags some how!
Reply 6787
I asked coz couple of people bought security protected meat and I scanned them and they paid for it etc etc..

Then later on the security guard comes up to me and is like the meats your selling to people are security protected make sure you remove it and walked of...but remove what exactly?

Ima go ask anyway today but just wondered if anyone knew
Original post by tosh999
I asked coz couple of people bought security protected meat and I scanned them and they paid for it etc etc..

Then later on the security guard comes up to me and is like the meats your selling to people are security protected make sure you remove it and walked of...but remove what exactly?

Ima go ask anyway today but just wondered if anyone knew

you have to peel the label off (usually yellow or white with a bar code)/ take the tags off
Reply 6789
Got my interview today for team leader in training. Does anyone know what this will be like?
Reply 6790
stainless steel deactivates the tags, so you can just rub against the metal by the scanner to deactivate them.
im sure all the tags i carry around with me are deactivated as i have them so close to magnets.
Original post by inksplodge
you have to peel the label off (usually yellow or white with a bar code)/ take the tags off

I've never peeled any of the labels off :s-smilie:

They were never mentioned during my till training then a few weeks in a customer pointed it out and asked if i needed to deactivate it so i asked my supervisor and she said to just rub it on the surface. We've got the new scanners now, I don't know if that makes a difference but most of the time I don't even notice and i've never had a problem with them. It would be a bit hard to rub a big bit of meat like a lamb leg or something on the surface wouldn't it?
Original post by TheLastDaysOfDisco
I've never peeled any of the labels off :s-smilie:

They were never mentioned during my till training then a few weeks in a customer pointed it out and asked if i needed to deactivate it so i asked my supervisor and she said to just rub it on the surface. We've got the new scanners now, I don't know if that makes a difference but most of the time I don't even notice and i've never had a problem with them. It would be a bit hard to rub a big bit of meat like a lamb leg or something on the surface wouldn't it?

I just had to rub something over the top where I used to work, so that makes sense. It wasn't mentioned in my till training either - in fact, quite a few things weren't lol. I've only done two shifts on the tills so far - got 50 hours worth over the next 9 days, so hopefully I'll pick everything up then. At least I know what to do with this type of security tag now. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 6793
Hi everyone!

I've just accepted a verbal offer of employment at Sainsburys, and was wondering if this is a contract of sorts? I'm waiting for the outcome of a few other job interviews and should receive these before I go to my induction next week. I was wondering, should I get an offer from somewhere else and accept this, would I be tied into my job at Sainsburys? I haven't actually signed anything yet.

Cheers :biggrin:
Original post by growli
Hi everyone!

I've just accepted a verbal offer of employment at Sainsburys, and was wondering if this is a contract of sorts? I'm waiting for the outcome of a few other job interviews and should receive these before I go to my induction next week. I was wondering, should I get an offer from somewhere else and accept this, would I be tied into my job at Sainsburys? I haven't actually signed anything yet.

Cheers :biggrin:

I doubt it. You will sign the contract at the induction; I don't think you are really tied in until then. I know a few people didn't come to the induction I was on and another who turned up to say she didn't want the job anymore. I don't recall there being any problems, other than the trainer etc being a bit annoyed. :/
Reply 6795
You can leave without notice in your first 12 weeks anyway. You're hardly tied down to anything.
Reply 6796
ok, thanks :biggrin: :biggrin:

This probably sounds really stupid, but whats cut off?:confused:? haha
Reply 6798
the cut off is the date when any hours you've worked after that date are paid in the next pay day after the one coming up.
having read that ^^^ i'm not sure it makes enough sense, so heres a nice example.
our next pay day is the 3rd dec, the cut off is 27th nov, so any hours you worked after 27th will not be paid to you in the pay package on the 3rd but the next one which would be on 31st dec.

good news people, i just got my tax refund £1685.75,:hoppy:
Original post by mug51
the cut off is the date when any hours you've worked after that date are paid in the next pay day after the one coming up.
having read that ^^^ i'm not sure it makes enough sense, so heres a nice example.
our next pay day is the 3rd dec, the cut off is 27th nov, so any hours you worked after 27th will not be paid to you in the pay package on the 3rd but the next one which would be on 31st dec.

good news people, i just got my tax refund £1685.75,:hoppy:

wow lucky sod! i want a tax refund hhah

Latest

Trending

Trending