The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

How do you get an acknowledgement? Is the universities that email you to say they have recieved it? or does it come up on track ?
Original post by casiogeek
Beware, you will soon become a track addict :biggrin:
And i changed one of my choices today! I changed portsmouth to sheffield Hallam, because i knew i deffo didnt want to go there! And ive been to sheffield Hallam on an open day! Yeah you only have 2 weeks to change it, so make a decision :tongue:

Haha thanks :smile: I've applied to Edinburgh twice ya see, now i think it's too risky :s-smilie:
Beware, you will soon become a track addict :biggrin:
And i changed one of my choices today! I changed portsmouth to sheffield Hallam, because i knew i deffo didnt want to go there! And ive been to sheffield Hallam on an open day! Yeah you only have 2 weeks to change it, so make a decision :tongue:

woo u applying to hallam too:d

How do you get an acknowledgement? Is the universities that email you to say they have recieved it? or does it come up on track ?

Unis email you. Some don't acknowledge *cough* Lancaster *cough* but most seem to.
Original post by nikki-jones2009
i live in hull...i can go sort them out for you if you want :wink: lol

:laugh: :hugs;
Thank you for the kind offer but I wouldn't want you arrested for disrupting the peace! :tongue:
Does the layout of the person statement affect your chances?

I checked it on Saturday and it was in paragraphs and looked fine! But today there's breaks in the lines!
It got sent today will I get rejected? :frown:
Has anyone else not received an offer from Birmingham for law?
woo u applying to hallam too:d

Yeah i am :tongue: what course you applying for?
I got an Acknowledgement this morning from wolverhampton :smile: (finally glad to hear something) How long do you reckon ill have to wait for a decision? In the email they said 'we will contact you shortly' ...dont know how long shortly is?
I got an Acknowledgement this morning from wolverhampton :smile: (finally glad to hear something) How long do you reckon ill have to wait for a decision? In the email they said 'we will contact you shortly' ...dont know how long shortly is?

Okay i've changed my choices, now they aren't in alphabetical order? Does this matter? All my choices are still at no decision made, so it was fine to change them right?!
Original post by matthew93
Okay i've changed my choices, now they aren't in alphabetical order? Does this matter? All my choices are still at no decision made, so it was fine to change them right?!

Doesn't matter. :tongue:
Original post by matthew93

Mine aren't in alphabetical order :smile: so dont worry ! I havent got any offers yet either :frown:
Yeah, it was fine to change them :tongue:
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
Does the layout of the person statement affect your chances?

I checked it on Saturday and it was in paragraphs and looked fine! But today there's breaks in the lines!
It got sent today will I get rejected? :frown:

Ok, I thought I was neurotic but you're worse than me! :redface:
I'm sure the admissions tutor will realise that sometimes formatting goes a bit pear shaped. Has it been sent off to UCAS or just your referee? If it's the latter, ask them to send it back to you. If it's the former, there's nothing you can do. I doubt they'll reject you because of something petty like that and if they do then tbf, they probably just wanted a reason to reject you anyway! :tongue: Seriously, take a deep breath and stop worrying. That's coming from someone who worries over EVERYTHING. :hugs: As long as the content is good, it shouldn't *really* matter.
Yeah i am :tongue: what course you applying for?

building surveying...lol..wt bwt you? when did you send off your app?
building surveying...lol..wt bwt you? when did you send off your app?

ahh cool :smile: Medical Science for me :tongue: and i sent it off on the 11th nov. But i changed a my choice from portsmouth to sheffield hallam yesterdayy :tongue:...you got any offers yet?
ahh cool :smile: Medical Science for me :tongue: and i sent it off on the 11th nov. But i changed a my choice from portsmouth to sheffield hallam yesterdayy :tongue:...you got any offers yet?

an offer from trent. thats it:/ u
I've Got 4 Offers Now, literally hoping to God Sussex give me an offer!
Original post by diamonddust
Ok, I thought I was neurotic but you're worse than me! :redface:
I'm sure the admissions tutor will realise that sometimes formatting goes a bit pear shaped. Has it been sent off to UCAS or just your referee? If it's the latter, ask them to send it back to you. If it's the former, there's nothing you can do. I doubt they'll reject you because of something petty like that and if they do then tbf, they probably just wanted a reason to reject you anyway! :tongue: Seriously, take a deep breath and stop worrying. That's coming from someone who worries over EVERYTHING. :hugs: As long as the content is good, it shouldn't *really* matter.

Haha thank you!
No my application got sent today! I kept checking it when I had a break. :o:
It's still in paragraphs but there's awkward breaks in the line, so it doesn't look very tidy! I'm happy with the content however.

Thanks for reassuring me anyway, I'll sleep easier tonight.:p:
an offer from trent. thats it:/ u

nothing yet :frown: just got an acknowledgement from wolverhampton thats it ! im hoping i get one by the end of the week:tongue:
Does anyone have the link for the thread that shows which Unis gave early offers last year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending